Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
taking this ban data into consideration, is there a guide out there for the "safest" way to install/use SX?
Try not to update your backups, even in OFW as people have been banned due to this. Try to do everything offline. If you must go online, try restoring a NAND dump made prior to using SX OS. If you don't have one, wait until there is a tool that can better remove traces of hacks.
Question, I'm on 5.1.0 and always on airplane mode. installing .nsps through tinfoil but i want to go online after booting stock+clear logs to download pokemon quest. would I get banned? is there something else i should do besides booting stock + clear logs?
If you have a NAND dump made prior to using hacks, you can restore that before going online. Outside of that, there's not much else we can do to mask hacks.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Try not to update your backups, even in OFW as people have been banned due to this. Try to do everything offline. If you must go online, try restoring a NAND dump made prior to using SX OS. If you don't have one, wait until there is a tool that can better remove traces of hacks.
If you have a NAND dump made prior to using hacks, you can restore that before going online. Outside of that, there's not much else we can do to mask hacks.

I don't. would formatting the system work do you think?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't. would formatting the system work do you think?
Nah formatting the system doesn't really return the console to stock. If it did, hackers would have been abusing that feature since day one. Your other best bet would be to remain offline until the community devises a better way of removing traces of hacks.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, I'm on 5.1.0 and always on airplane mode. installing .nsps through tinfoil but i want to go online after booting stock+clear logs to download pokemon quest. would I get banned? is there something else i should do besides booting stock + clear logs?
Just a suggestion, but can you not install a Pokemon Quest NSP?

achandab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ban? N
If Yes, provide proof (video preferred)
SX OS used? Y
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? Y
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.3
Non-TX Layered FS Used? N
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-TX LayeredFS Inject? N
Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? N

Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? N
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Backups updated? YES via OFW
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? YES RetroNX
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? N
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? N
Did you update your firmware w/o burning fuses? Not sure
Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Not sure

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Did not clear logs
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? N
Wi-Fi settings deleted? N
Airplane mode? N
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? Y
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
Can you update your system firmware? Y

Console/Account Region(s): Australia
Trimmed .XCI? N
Additional Comments: Still able to play online with Fortnite on OFW while playing backups offline

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are we getting any closer to find out what is causing these bans yet? I have 3 Switches. Have used TX on one and results above. Happy to sacrifice another as well. But want the last one to avoid a ban if possible.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we getting any closer to find out what is causing these bans yet? I have 3 Switches. Have used TX on one and results above. Happy to sacrifice another as well. But want the last one to avoid a ban if possible.
Out of all of the SX OS bans, 3 of them were banned for updating in OFW. They were also using AutoRCM so that might be a contributing factor. But it would appear that Nintendo can detect SX OS being used, even if you remain offline. I asked another developer about this and he told that SX OS' Loader does not properly mimic the Nintendo Switch bootloader (power-up process) like Hekate does. This would indeed explain why there are people being banned for offline usage of SX OS and not Hekate (bar one person) but its too soon to definitively say. After all, SX OS is still the only CFW that can load .XCIs and .NSP bans have not begun yet.

Reactions: achandab

achandab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Out of all of the SX OS bans, 3 of them were banned for updating in OFW. They were also using AutoRCM so that might be a contributing factor. But it would appear that Nintendo can detect SX OS being used, even if you remain offline. I asked another developer about this and he told that SX OS' Loader does not properly mimic the Nintendo Switch bootloader (power-up process) like Hekate does. This would indeed explain why there are people being banned for offline usage of SX OS and not Hekate (bar one person) but its too soon to definitively say. After all, SX OS is still the only CFW that can load .XCIs and .NSP bans have not begun yet.

Cheers for the response. I am updating via OFW but not using AUTORCM. I'll update as soon as i get a ban though.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

achandab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I also noticed your not blocking the GPDR URL. It might be worth reading up what that is and what that means here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/gdpr-fo...-stop-sharing-usage-data-no-telemetry.509556/

Ill do that when i get home. However i'm in Australia, would it matter? Also assume it needs to be done on the router side? So if im hotspotting or at a friends house im out of luck?

I was looking at that "do not share usage information" and im sure it has been raised before, but how is Nintendo still able to collect our data if we turn that off, would that not be illegal? Google and Apple get blasted if the do it.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill do that when i get home. However i'm in Australia, would it matter? Also assume it needs to be done on the router side? So if im hotspotting or at a friends house im out of luck?

I was looking at that "do not share usage information" and im sure it has been raised before, but how is Nintendo still able to collect our data if we turn that off, would that not be illegal? Google and Apple get blasted if the do it.
Either change your account's region or block the URL on the router. Or do both.

Also, Nintendo could technically collect data as long as its not personal (duh) and if its being used to keep their products safe. Remember that connecting online means you have to send a lot of data to Nintendo in the first place. Most of this data is console stuff so they know your console can go online so in a way, they have to collect data. After that, if they were tracking stuff off of the SD card, then they might get into some hot water but you would have to prove that.

Reactions: achandab

achandab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Either change your account's region or block the URL on the router. Or do both.

Also, Nintendo could technically collect data as long as its not personal (duh) and if its being used to keep their products safe. Remember that connecting online means you have to send a lot of data to Nintendo in the first place. Most of this data is console stuff so they know your console can go online so in a way, they have to collect data. After that, if they were tracking stuff off of the SD card, then they might get into some hot water but you would have to prove that.

Perfect makes sense. Thanks, i'll block on the router when i get home and see how it goes, although it might be a little too late.

beardchub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ban? N
SX OS used? Y
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? Y(but never active license)
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header?N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.4

Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Backups updated? Both
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? Y (emulator + NXShell + checkpoint + Dumper)
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW?N
AutoRCM? TX
Did you update your firmware w/o burning fuses? Y
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? I never clear error logs
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Y
Airplane mode? Y but sometimes I will get online for eshop and update
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y

Console/Account Region(s) Japan
Trimmed .XCI? Y
Additional Comments
I play checkpoint since yesterday, but only use it for crash bash (Yet)
And I never play online gaming with TX yet

Last edited by beardchub,

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ban? Y (Error code 2124-4007)
SX OS used? Y
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.3 (Currently on 1.4)

Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? N
Backups updated? Updated through CFW
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? N (Not sure what it's asking exactly, but I have ran homebrew on my Switch)
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? N (Have connected online with homebrew apps like ftpd)
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? Y
AutoRCM? TX
Did you update your firmware w/o burning fuses? I updated my firmware via the System Update in System Settings
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? N

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Airplane mode? N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? N

Console/Account Region(s) NTSC-U
Trimmed .XCI? Y

Additional Comments

The last thing I did with my Switch was while in SX OS, I put Mario Kart 8 in my Switch (retail cart) and connected online to see if I had any bans. Was able to connect fine. Checked the eShop a few hours later to find a 2124-4007 error. I genuinely believe connecting to Mario Kart online, regardless or not if it was my retail cartridge, is what may have triggered my ban. When there's so many variables it's next to impossible to tell, though. It just seems funny that that was the very last thing I had done on my Switch before I got my ban

As far as the ban itself, it's not what I wanted to see, but it is what it is. I wouldn't have bought an SX Pro in the first place if I wasn't willing to risk my Switch getting banned. At least it's the good kind. I never messed with CDN stuff or NSP stuff, and with the reports of people getting CDN banned, I don't think I will any time soon (unless it's proven that system updates can be installed manually offline.) I guess for now I can finally relax and just enjoy my Switch for what it is

offsense

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ban? Y (Error code 2124-4007)
SX OS used? Y
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.3 (Currently on 1.4)

Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? N
Backups updated? Updated through CFW
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? N (Not sure what it's asking exactly, but I have ran homebrew on my Switch)
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? N (Have connected online with homebrew apps like ftpd)
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? Y
AutoRCM? TX
Did you update your firmware w/o burning fuses? I updated my firmware via the System Update in System Settings
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? N

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Airplane mode? N

Console/Account Region(s) NTSC-U
Trimmed .XCI? Y

Additional Comments

The last thing I did with my Switch was while in SX OS, I put Mario Kart 8 in my Switch (retail cart) and connected online to see if I had any bans. Was able to connect fine. Checked the eShop a few hours later to find a 2124-4007 error. I genuinely believe connecting to Mario Kart online, regardless or not if it was my retail cartridge, is what may have triggered my ban. When there's so many variables it's next to impossible to tell, though. It just seems funny that that was the very last thing I had done on my Switch before I got my ban

As far as the ban itself, it's not what I wanted to see, but it is what it is. I wouldn't have bought an SX Pro in the first place if I wasn't willing to risk my Switch getting banned. At least it's the good kind. I never messed with CDN stuff or NSP stuff, and with the reports of people getting CDN banned, I don't think I will any time soon (unless it's proven that system updates can be installed manually offline.) I guess for now I can finally relax and just enjoy my Switch for what it is

You sure you're not missing anything? Your ban doesnt really match the other sx bans with your current info given. I'm also unsure a retail cart would trigger a ban. I have a suspicion it was the tx autorcm unleas you remember anything else.

Last edited by offsense,

beardchub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You sure you're not missing anything? Your ban doesnt really match the other sx bans with your current info given. I'm also unsure a retail cart would trigger a ban. I have a suspicion it was the tx autorcm unleas you remember anything else.
Agree, they will check your cert when you online gaming... if your Mario Kart 8 is not a dump, you will not get banned...
Did he dump version of Mario kart 8 without cert?

Last edited by beardchub,

z3ron3

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Ban? Y
IMG_20180725_152324_HDR.jpg
SX OS used? Y
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.3

Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? Y
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? Y
Backups updated? Both
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? Y
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? N
AutoRCM? N
Did you update your firmware w/o burning fuses? N

Airplane mode? Y
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? N

Console/Account Region(s) EU
Trimmed .XCI? Y
Additional Comments
Used TX with XCI's for weeks and played splatoon 2 online from cartrige on ofw without problem. Installed NSP's with the new tx update last night and was console banned instantly.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agree, they will check your cert when you online gaming... if your Mario Kart 8 is not a dump, you will not get banned...
Did he dump version of Mario kart 8 without cert?
People have been banned for using SX OS for doing a lot less than what he did. He updated in CFW as opposed to OFW and didn't really take any measures to prevent data from being transmitted to Nintendo. Also, people have already been banned for using their own backups. To be fair, they actually played their own dumps online so that might have given them away but the point is the possibility remains that Nintendo can ban you even if you make a backup of your own game.

Also, I believe @z3ron3 is our first .NSP ban if the timing of events line up.

Lastly, the blasted poll is finally ending today.

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With SX OS 1.4 releasing, I'll be curious to see if .nsp use (eShop games) causes (or at least correlates) with increasing ban reports.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    StatusN @ StatusN: hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works...