Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't say I've seen/heard of any one not being outright CDN banned anymore, but perhaps they have some new metrics on what type of bans to hand out. Or this is some weird ass odd-case of a new error code.
I asked someone else who just recently found out they were banned and they report the same exact error code as @SexySpai . When trying to update their system firmware, it says the system is up to date (without any error code) but updating a game prompts that error code. Meaning either the CDN was reworked or this is the new CDN ban error code. Regardless, I will now update the questionnaires to ask if updating a game results in that error code.

2Siralv

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a queation im on 5.1.0 and i got the 2124-4700 error the ban dose that mean im cert banned and can never update or play my games or update to 6.0 or am i still good n jst have to wait or whats up with my awitch is it a paper weight now?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a queation im on 5.1.0 and i got the 2124-4700 error the ban dose that mean im cert banned and can never update or play my games or update to 6.0 or am i still good n jst have to wait or whats up with my awitch is it a paper weight now?
Where do you see this error code? Is it from entering the eShop? Can you update your system or do you still see that error code? Do you get any error codes when trying to update your games?

2Siralv

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where do you see this error code? Is it from entering the eShop? Can you update your system or do you still see that error code? Do you get any error codes when trying to update your games?
I get this when accesin eshop and was on 5.1.0 now on 6.0 n same and now i cant even play or download my own carts its giving me error 2181-4008 so what my awitch is a paper weight now i cant even play my games?

lamiska

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Did you use/restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? N
Do you get error code 2181-4008 trying to update any of your games? Y
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
SX OS used? N
Trimmed .XCI? N
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? Y
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Installed any .NSP? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? Y
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? N
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? N (ReiNX)
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? Y
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? Y
AutoRCM? N
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? N
Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Y
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N
Airplane mode? N
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? N
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Y

TL;DR - I tried to install SX OS but realized I have to buy license, later on I installed ReiNX. After installation I did not do anything else with ReiNX and proceeded to use eShop and playing my legit games. I did not install any XCI or NSP files. Right now I get error 2181-4008 when trying to use any online features, including updating my legit games or creating nintendo account.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Nevercholt

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe but not as likely as you would tend to believe. I played both Pokemon Sun/Moon as well as Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon before their release dates while never wiping my play history. If I recall correctly, the only people banned for playing those before release also went online. At the very least, a manual check would have to be done to see when the playtime started in comparison to its release date which sounds tedious what with millions upon millions of users to check.
I most definitely have to start asking if people are using this. However while I have not fully read up on their EmuNAND, it not only seems dangerous from a banning perspective (splitting the NAND?), but it also seems like it may brick the console (seriously, splitting the NAND?)

Yeah it's crazy... We have to stress that a NAND backup is REALLY necessary xd

Rabbid4240

i dont know
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're CDN banned.
fuk

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ur probably cdn banned.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get this when accesin eshop and was on 5.1.0 now on 6.0 n same and now i cant even play or download my own carts its giving me error 2181-4008 so what my awitch is a paper weight now i cant even play my games?

You appear to have been using FreeShop which is what got you banned.

Did you use/restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? N
Do you get error code 2181-4008 trying to update any of your games? Y
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
SX OS used? N
Trimmed .XCI? N
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? Y
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Installed any .NSP? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? Y
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? N
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? N (ReiNX)
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? Y
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? Y
AutoRCM? N
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? N
Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Y
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N
Airplane mode? N
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? N
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Y

TL;DR - I tried to install SX OS but realized I have to buy license, later on I installed ReiNX. After installation I did not do anything else with ReiNX and proceeded to use eShop and playing my legit games. I did not install any XCI or NSP files. Right now I get error 2181-4008 when trying to use any online features, including updating my legit games or creating nintendo account.

We're you online when installing SX OS, and did it install to the system? If so, this is probably what got you. SX just bans on it's mere existence.

If you want to stay clean, you can get a good price for a banned switch and buy a clean one.

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just wanted to report *again*.

I've been using emulators since they were first released, with hekate. Never used nsp roms or any kind of Switch-specific piracy and I'm still not banned, even on the most recent FW.
Just NEVER connect on Nintendo e-shop or online games while on CFW and you'll be *probably* fine.

Reactions: Draxzelex

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Instead of being emulated off of something else such as the SD card, its being emulated from the NAND (emulating NAND from the NAND)
-Nintendo most likely already implemented telemetry, if not in the future, if the NAND's size changes
-Given that no other CFW has implemented EmuNAND, I doubt any CFW will work properly in EmuNAND, even SX OS (it has to do with how CFWs patch the firmware)

Emunand is not emulated nand, its a redirected nand. You can call it rednand if you want.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand is not emulated nand, its a redirected nand. You can call it rednand if you want.
2 things:
  1. Emulating the NAND from a different place than normal is redirecting the NAND. Typically you would redirect/emulate the NAND from the SD card, but in this case we are redirecting/emulating the NAND from itself
  2. TX are the ones who call it EmuNAND, not us

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what about bans on 6.0.0 ? Is the reports learn us some new points for getting banned ?
I've learned 3 new things which are all bad news:
  1. Homebrew-only bans are on the up-tick. I might need more than one hand to count them all
  2. .NSP only bans are becoming increasingly apparent. While it may not be tied to the installation of the software, it may actually be due to fake tickets being installed into the console and then transmitted to Nintendo, flagging users for a ban
  3. CDN bans have a new error code and is no longer triggered by trying to update the system but by trying to update a game. The relevant error code is 2181-4008

CzeroXCI

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've learned 3 new things which are all bad news:
  1. Homebrew-only bans are on the up-tick. I might need more than one hand to count them all
  2. .NSP only bans are becoming increasingly apparent. While it may not be tied to the installation of the software, it may actually be due to fake tickets being installed into the console and then transmitted to Nintendo, flagging users for a ban
  3. CDN bans have a new error code and is no longer triggered by trying to update the system but by trying to update a game. The relevant error code is 2181-4008

Ok thanks a lot for those informations and your work !

4rc4n4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is the cdn ban the superban (no updates)?

Then, if I'm on 5.1.0, the only way to check if I'm banned is to try and update a game?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the cdn ban the superban (no updates)?

Then, if I'm on 5.1.0, the only way to check if I'm banned is to try and update a game?
Yes, CDN ban has all of the restrictions of online play coupled with the loss of game and system updates. Although I know the error code is generated when you update a game, since you're on 5.1, maybe you should also try updating your system firmware and see if an error code pops up.

4rc4n4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, just updated to 6.0. I removed the sd card (being paranoic). Luckily wasn't banned. Can still access the Eshop.

I will leave the next information for reference.

1.0- I've never gone online in CFW (SX OS). Only once (forgot airplane mode) but had stealth mode.
2.0- I've played .XCI. They weren't popular games (Street Fighter 30th anniversary, Street Fighter 2, and Shining Resonance: Refrain).
2.1.- Watching the sizes, the games were not trimmed.
2.2.- Haven't played the XCI online
3.0- I updated the 3 games on OFW. I even downloaded DLC for Shining Resonance (japanese language I believe).
4.0- No Homebrew used
5.0- No logs deleted
6.0.- No autorcm
7.0.- Use SX Pro Jig + Joycon with reed switch (pin 1 and 10)

Last edited by 4rc4n4,

kramdish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, just updated to 6.0. I removed the sd card (being paranoic). Luckily wasn't banned. Can still access the Eshop.

I will leave the next information for reference.

1.0- I've never gone online in CFW (SX OS). Only once (forgot airplane mode) but had stealth mode.
2.0- I've played .XCI. They weren't popular games (Street Fighter 30th anniversary, Street Fighter 2, and Shining Resonance: Refrain).
2.1.- Watching the sizes, the games were not trimmed.
2.2.- Haven't played the XCI online
3.0- I updated the 3 games on OFW. I even downloaded DLC for Shining Resonance (japanese language I believe).
4.0- No Homebrew used
5.0- No logs deleted
6.0.- No autorcm
7.0.- Use SX Pro Jig + Joycon with reed switch (pin 1 and 10)

Regarding number 7.0: do you keep your Switch in sleep mode and never turn it off or do you do the jig thing everytime you'll play?

4rc4n4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I turn it off if I don't plan on playing it again before going to sleep. I only leave it on sleep mode if I will play soon. The reed switch on the joycon makes it very easy to boot to Sx os.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's great if you have something anyone else wants, otherwise it's annoying and potentially bad...