yijaeho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My DSTT skips Nintendo Splach Screen(Clock, Setting, Slot status etc.) as default.

How can I change this setting to show splash screen first, then select slot-1 DSTT flash card afterwards

It's possible in CycloDS flash card.

I'm using YSMENU current version.

Ask for your help...

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure if you can do that with a DSTT...

EDIT: The only reason why the cyclo has all the settings and such, is because it's set up to be like that in the first place.

Seina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turn on your DS with no flashcarts inserted. Touch the configuration icon in the bottom middle. Touch the wrench on the left. Touch the top icon. Switch to manual mode.

chrishull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turn on your DS with no flashcarts inserted. Touch the configuration icon in the bottom middle. Touch the wrench on the left. Touch the top icon. Switch to manual mode.

I tried that but it still automatically boots up to the TT menu. I too would like to boot up to the DS main menu.

Wow a magic DS with a built in TT Menu if you read his post he said remove the flash card from the slot and it will boot into the DS Menu. Also you could try getting a version of the DS firmware as a bootable DS rom and putting that on your card so that you could boot to the DS from the TT Menu.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is a way to go to the NDS menu (to change settings) from TTMenu without removing the flash cart.

There is a .nds file of the NDS firmware:

http://home.comcast.net/~olimar/DS/ second item from the bottom.

You can boot it like any other .nds file. However, it doesn't recognize the DSTT in slot1, so there is no soft reset back to TTMenu. When you change settings the NDS shuts off anyway, so it would be pointless to be able to go back to TTMenu if you're changing settings.

(Thanks to MadBob for this)

-Bri

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
There is a way to do it without removing the flash cart.Â

second item from the bottom.

You can boot it like any other .nds file. The only problem is that it doesn't recognize the DSTT in slot1, so there is no soft reset back to TTMenu.

(Thanks for MadBob for this)

-Bri
You may have not realized it, but you just technically linked to an illegal ROM image
bow.gif

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
^different case... he/she want to boot to nds menu right after he/she switch on nds but your solution only applied if we already in ttds menu... we can do nothing about it unless the cart designed to boot into nds menu 1st like cyclo n ezflash v..

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
innercy,

Correct, there is no option to boot directly to the NDS Menu with TTMenu (with YSMenu, you can do this by renaming the firmware .nds file to DEFAULT.NDS). However, the main reason for wanting to do so is to change settings, so having the NDS Menu as a .nds file solves that problem.

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Right. Unfortunately, the DSTT isn't recognized by the NDS menu. Can I ask why you would want to boot into the NDS menu (rather than booting directly to TTMenu or YSMenu)? It seems like an extra step to me.

-Bri

yijaeho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nothing special.

Just my 70-year-old father wants it.
happy.gif

I guess that he get used to my son's NDS(with CylosDS Evo),

perhaps he could think his own NDS(with DSTT) that I presented is no good compared to my son's.
frown.gif

Although he never use Picto Chat, NDS Setting, Download Play etc., HE JUST WANTS TO SEE SPLASH SCREEN FIRST.

I failed to make understood him.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are skins for TTMenu and YSMenu that give them the look and feel of the NDS menu. That's about as close as you're going to get.

It would be possible make a fake NDS menu that simply launches either TTMenu or YSMenu when clicked. That would satisfy your father's craving for that extra click to get into the menu, but it would be pretty pointless!

Perhaps the makers of the TTDS will add an option to TTMenu to boot to the NDS menu, but I don't think many people (other than your father) would use it.

-Bri

bluesharpie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
There is a way to go to the NDS menu (to change settings) from TTMenu without removing the flash cart.

http://home.comcast.net/~olimar/DS/ second item from the bottom.

You can boot it like any other .nds file. However, it doesn't recognize the DSTT in slot1, so there is no soft reset back to TTMenu. When you change settings the NDS shuts off anyway, so it would be pointless to be able to go back to TTMenu if you're changing settings.

(Thanks to MadBob for this)

-Bri
Is there a .nds for a dslite firmware? I hate pulling my r4 out everytime I download play or pictochat and I want to be able to change the brightness settings. I tried dumping my own but all I get is a .bin and I don't know how to turn that into an .nds

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the link is in the post that you quoted.

BTW, the newest version of Yasu's YSMenu for the DSTT can go to the NDS menu without having the NDS firmware installed as a .nds file on your system (but you still can't go back from the NDS firmware to YSMenu or TTMenu without turning the NDS off and on).

-Bri

bluesharpie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
Yes, the link is in the post that you quoted.

BTW, the newest version of Yasu's YSMenu for the DSTT can go to the NDS menu without having the NDS firmware installed as a .nds file on your system (but you still can't go back from the NDS firmware to YSMenu or TTMenu without turning the NDS off and on).

-Bri
The link I qouted is for an original ds. It doesn't have a brightness setting it only has backlight on or off. And I don't have a DSTT I have an r4. does YSMENU work on the r4? I read somewhere that it will be supported but is already supported?

bluesharpie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I tried YSMENU ON THE R4, it doesn't work. I can open it but it doesn't read any of my files, but when i press start i'm able to go to the ds menu and it's my menu because it has brightness settings. Is there an easier way then to start ysmenu then press start then clikc on the menu?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked