Nintendo shows off “a new experience” by debuting a new accessory for the Switch

The Nintendo Direct wasn’t all that Nintendo had to show this week, as a surprise trailer has gone up on their channel, showing off something unexpected. A belt-like object is featured in the video, being used in a variety of ways, such as a bow, a steering wheel, and on one’s leg as a fitness tracker. The product seems to have a focus on multiplayer gatherings and parties, with players needing one of the belt-like devices and a Joy-Con strapped in to make use of it. More information and details are scheduled to be revealed on September 12th.

D

Deleted User

This seems like satire making fun of ridiculous Nintendo gimmicks, but it's a real fucking thing. I do hope this means we get a succesor to Wii Sports, though I think it's definitely gonna be packaged with a Wii Fit succesor.

Lodad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing like huddling around the living room to watch a middle-aged bearded man play with a space-age thighmaster and hip thrust while he's lying on his back and sweating.

Nintendo, you've done it again.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This has to be some kind of long-term bet going on internally in Nintendo.

"Hey boss, they actually bought the cardboard we tried to sell them last time, what do we do?"
"How's about... *looks meaningfully at a pile of old bicycle tires* This!"
"Now THAT is funny! I'll take these to the boys in marketing."

Reactions: Xzi and CORE

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like more Iwata-inspired stuff is coming to the Switch. I wonder what titles will be supported for this thing. Switch Fit (proposed name to the successor to Wii Fit U), perhaps?

I gotta say, it looks really weird. Definitely not what I was expecting. Gradually, the Switch is starting to look more interesting... I'm still not buying it, though. Not until I see the changes I want.

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm all for accessories but I'm not too sure I get the appeal. I'll wait until Nintendo can capture my attention in a meaningful way.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't know how to feel about this. It looks like something that will never be used by any serious gamer, which means we are probably gonna be seeing an influx of casual trash like back in the Wii days. I mean it might be fun to try out but I could never imagine playing a real game that way for any length of time.

Itzumi

tinkerer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If by new experience you mean "dear god it's the wii all over again", then yeah i guess.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Now you can be Switch Fit oh look I can Hula with my Hula Hoop , Sonic and the Sacred Rings Switch! Now You Are The Ring. Bring back the ability to have Two Screens and I may consider Buying a PreOwned Switch Fully Exploited ofcourse.

MY 666 POST on NINTENDO!!! FCKING KNEW IT NINTENDO HAS ONE GOLD RING TO RULE THEM ALL WE GET THE SHITTY VELCRO RINGS once you start messing with this you are Nintendo's Slave Forever!!!
what drugs are you on sir, and where can I get some?

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If by new experience you mean "dear god it's the wii all over again", then yeah i guess.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what drugs are you on sir, and where can I get some?

It is called Humor it was my 666 Post hence Nintendo being Evil which is why I added the CAPITALS and Dramatic Text.

It basically something that makes you laugh if you find it funny the Chemi8cal sends a signal in your Brain for a response.

Itzumi

tinkerer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is called Humor it was my 666 Post hence Nintendo being Evil which is why I added the CAPITALS and Dramatic Text.

It basically something that makes you laugh if you find it funny the Chemi8cal sends a signal in your Brain for a response.
1. what the fuck is a 666 post
2. how specifically is nintendo evil
3. Yes I know how dopamine works.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. what the fuck is a 666 post
2. how specifically is nintendo evil
3. Yes I know how dopamine works.

IT was my 666 Post on this Forum and it happen to be Nintendo new gimmick crap , which I referenced as Mark of the Beast Lord of the Rings when you wear it , use it it uses you , you become a slave.

Itzumi

tinkerer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IT was my 666 Post on this Forum and it happen to be Nintendo new gimmick crap , which I referenced as Mark of the Beast Lord of the Rings when you wear it , use it it uses you , you become a slave.
So:
The new gimmicky controller thingy has something to do with Satan and enslavement. Did I get that right?

I don't see how any of this has anything to do with Satan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu