Not open for further replies.

AKA-Link77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help... Are there any dangers I should watch out for during the emunand process??
(Reminder I'm on 10.1.0-27U with Homebrew access)

Last edited by AKA-Link77,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
considering there likely aren't any more legit cia coming out

Pokemon generation 1, allegedly!

Are there any dangers I should watch out for during the emunand process??

Emunand, not really (well, after creating a nand backup but before making a backup of SD files and creating emunand, I recommend going through PastaCFW or DevMode in rxTools to install a fbi.cia on sysnand, saves headaches with injection).

But downgrading, there's a risk that after a "successful" downgrade your console will only boot to an error screen.
You can't predict that, and the fix involves updating to 10.5 or whatever's the current firmware.
You can defend against this possible failure (the causes are still unclear) by doing a factory reset before downgrading, you can use 3dsx homebrews to backup saves and extdata but you'll lose your activity log and Mii Plaza game progress + streetpassed Miis...

Last edited by Ryccardo,
Reactions: AKA-Link77 and N64

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have an O3ds Xl with Rxtools 05th december nightly Emunand 10.5...is NTR compatible with it?

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
People are crying to me on skype about this new error code before i even heard of it. I knew that updating emunand would solve it but they say "it'll patch everything". Some people are so dumb.
Not to bother you, but after updating, I've received many new error codes. It's bit confusing. Nintendo is cracking down hard on us. :ph34r:

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Risky compared to what?
It sounds like the only reason this guy is still on 10.1 is to install legit cia, and considering there likely aren't any more legit cia coming out, being forced into upgrading through a softbrick should only mean the loss of homebrew at most for him.

That is assuming restoring a softbrick doesn't involve deleting your tickets for titles, which I'd hope it wouldn't.
Really? Is it that easy/safe? I have never tried it but I have a friend that wants it done on his 10.4 n3ds

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an O3ds Xl with Rxtools 05th december nightly Emunand 10.5...is NTR compatible with it?
If you're doing it for the region free aspect of it, then there's not point in using NTR with rxTools. Although yes, I believe NTR works with rxTools.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
yeah, but there will be a patch for this stuff within 24h. 2 ways to bypass the friends list and online play thing already
( Gateway user speaking. ) I don't use any free CFW. I paid for GW and use only their CFW. After the update, I've been soooo many error codes on so many things. Also, I think they updated something to prevent cheating in some games. I made a VR hack for MK7 and after updating, it didn't work. Not to mention my error codes don't have a specific number sometimes....? Error code 000-0000/0001/0002. It only informs me an error occurred. That's all. Sometimes I'll be playing offline on my games with no internet and it boots me out of games... I cannot understand technology sometimes. I have no clue what's happening.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's just in case I want to install the fan translation of Fire emblem If/fates and its DLC...or the US version + DLC once it releases since apparently there's no news about an European release...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc