ROM Hack Nintendo secretly locks back door. (Another Update Nag) 2/1/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
( Gateway user speaking. ) I don't use any free CFW. I paid for GW and use only their CFW. After the update, I've been soooo many error codes on so many things. Also, I think they updated something to prevent cheating in some games. I made a VR hack for MK7 and after updating, it didn't work. Not to mention my error codes don't have a specific number sometimes....? Error code 000-0000/0001/0002. It only informs me an error occurred. That's all. Sometimes I'll be playing offline on my games with no internet and it boots me out of games... I cannot understand technology sometimes. I have no clue what's happening.
I use Gateway too. (jw, what other paid CFWs are there?)
Remake the code and see if it works

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I use Gateway too. (jw, what other paid CFWs are there?)
Remake the code and see if it works
Not trying to sound mean, but don't you think I already did that? I mean, it still works in a sense. It still matches me up with players from the same range as my actual VR, BUT, it shows me on the course selection screen my desired VR. It also shows my real VR after the race.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not trying to sound mean, but don't you think I already did that? I mean, it still works in a sense. It still matches me up with players from the same range as my actual VR, BUT, it shows me on the course selection screen my desired VR. It also shows my real VR after the race.
from my experience of coding, that sounds like you only got a display address...

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
from my experience of coding, that sounds like you only got a display address...
But, it USED to work in my old method... Now, I need to find the actual address. The code used to be 2 lines of code, then I went to edit it to 0 VR, and 6 whole new, unrelated lines of code were added, and the codes were making my game laaaaaaggg---. So, I cut it off and now, it does as what was stated above.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But, it USED to work in my old method... Now, I need to find the actual address. The code used to be 2 lines of code, then I went to edit it to 0 VR, and 6 whole new, unrelated lines of code were added, and the codes were making my game laaaaaaggg---. So, I cut it off and now, it does as what was stated above.
An extra 6 lines of code we're making it lag?

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
An extra 6 lines of code we're making it lag?
It was doing something... But, I have removed those, and it ran fine, but my VR sky rocketed. 2,147,483,647 to be exact. But now it corrected itself and made it 99,999vr. I never set these values. I intended to have it set to 0.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was doing something... But, I have removed those, and it ran fine, but my VR sky rocketed. 2,147,483,647 to be exact. But now it corrected itself and made it 99,999vr. I never set these values. I intended to have it set to 0.
That's 7FFFFFFF in hex, which is considered a "max" value. Can you send me all of the lines of code and i can take a look? PM

AKA-Link77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2z5uewy.jpg

Lel, thanks for the help guys/gals!

Also... credit to this video for the help as well!

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Did the new update make like a new encryption? Finding cheats is really difficult now. It almost doesn't work

Reactions: AKA-Link77

AKA-Link77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for the record, you could have regained online access by installing the latest version of the friends system module as CIA (using NASA)
But of course, emuNAND is way better :)
Yup, now im part of the emuNAND club! (going to be) :yay3ds::yay3ds:
Did the new update make like a new encryption? Finding cheats is really difficult now. It almost doesn't work
Not sure, I haven't tried cheats yet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head