• Start date
  • Views 7,090
  • Replies 44

Deleted member 318366

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thread title "Nintendo loves penises and butts" I thought they loved money? :angry: I've learned something today. :D

tumblr_lpqcnfNjd11qabfx1o1_400.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nintendo is well-known for censoring games, at least NoA is. It's an on-going process that started in the NES days - NoA wants Nintendo platforms to appear child-friendly, religion-neutral and refrain from any sexual or drug/alcohol/smoking-related content.

I mean, they removed nipples from statues in Castlevania, they removed cigarettes from some enemy sprites in Earthbound, they removed a cross from a hospital not to reference Christianity as well - they've done things far weirder than covering buttocks. ;)
I suddenly have a mental picture:

Bayonetta 2 in Europe:

bayonetta-single.jpg

Bayonetta 2 in America:
burqa+glasses.jpg

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo is well-known for censoring games, at least NoA is. It's an on-going process that started in the NES days - NoA wants Nintendo platforms to appear child-friendly, religion-neutral and refrain from any sexual or drug/alcohol/smoking-related content.

I mean, they removed nipples from statues in Castlevania, they removed cigarettes from some enemy sprites in Earthbound, they removed a cross from a hospital not to reference Christianity as well - they've done things far weirder than covering buttocks. ;)
(BTW that butt shot is fanservice DLC, not something you normally see in the game)
In the US and Japanese versions of FE:A there's a conversation about soft bouncy boobs. In the EU game it was replaced with hair instead, seems like things are more censored over here. The opposite to what taleweaver is suggesting.

Removal of the red cross isn't religion related, it's a copyrighted logo they didn't have the rights to.
Castlevania has always used Christians symbols without a problem.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Removal of the red cross isn't religion related, it's a copyrighted logo they didn't have the rights to.
Castlevania has always used Christians symbols without a problem.
I see, I see. How... odd. I was not aware that you can randomly copyright a widely-accepted symbol used on hospitals. (Yes, I now know the organization in question was the Red Cross)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Unless I'm just that good? But I honestly can't believe that for an instant