ROM Hack [Release] [Spider] LeafTools: Animal Crossing New Leaf spiderhax

D

Deleted User

with custom firmware it is possible to download the file to the old browser and installing that file to the 3DS-unit so you can "downgrade" the browser to a lower (exploitable) firmware.
You can dump your save with something like JKSM and edit it that way. There's no point in using LeafTools + the browser.

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that - but perhaps windwakemeupinside wishes to dump other peoples DA's - that would be one reason for a browser downgrade
well thats exactly what i need to do. downgrade my browser. i lost my old town ages ago. due to some data thing and id like to finally get it back. i just found my other town i lost before that. i have the worst luck it seems to keep my powersaver. so thats why i asked him that. i need help on downgrading my browser. im on a9lh btw

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well thats exactly what i need to do. downgrade my browser. i lost my old town ages ago. due to some data thing and id like to finally get it back. i just found my other town i lost before that. i have the worst luck it seems to keep my powersaver. so thats why i asked him that. i need help on downgrading my browser. im on a9lh btw
How to downgrade your browser:
Prerequisites:
-Old 3DS with arm9loaderhax/emuNAND
-CIA installer (aka FBI)
-Downgraded browser
-sysUpdater cia
-SD card
Steps:
  1. Make sure you get all the prerequisites ready. Download everything from the links, and place them in your SD card. For the spider browser, place it in a folder called 'updates' and make sure the folder has nothing inside of it besides the browser cia.
  2. Put your SD card in your 3DS and launch your favorite cia installer (aka FBI) install sysUpdater.cia.
  3. Once it's installed, return to the home menu and then launch sysUpdater.
  4. Press 'Y' to downgrade, and it should only downgrade your browser. If it downgrades anything else, you did not follow step 1 correctly.
  5. Once it's done, it will prompt you to reboot, so reboot and your browser should be downgraded.
  6. Launch any spider exploit like it was supposed to, and make sure you clear cache and cookies before launching.
Enjoy ;) and you'll get the pesky Nintendo update pop up until you update your browser again, so it's best to block Nintendo updates via TubeHax DNS if you do not wish to receive those pop ups.

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prerequisites:
-CIA installer (aka FBI)
-Downgraded browser
-sysUpdater cia
-SD card
Steps:
  1. Make sure you get all the prerequisites ready. Download everything from the links, and place them in your SD card. For the spider browser, place it in a folder called 'updates' and make sure the folder has nothing inside of it besides the browser cia.
  2. Put your SD card in your 3DS and launch your favorite cia installer (aka FBI) install sysUpdater.cia.
  4. Press 'Y' to downgrade, and it should only downgrade your browser. If it downgrades anything else, you did not follow step 1 correctly.
  5. Once it's done, it will prompt you to reboot, so reboot and your browser should be downgraded.
  6. Launch any spider exploit like it was supposed to, and make sure you clear cache and cookies before launching.
Enjoy ;) and you'll get the pesky Nintendo update pop up until you update your browser again, so it's best to block Nintendo updates via TubeHax DNS if you do not wish to receive those pop ups.
tyvm for that info. i had asked noob paradise thread but sadly didnt work out or something. idk but either way i appreciate your help, made my day.

Reactions: RyDog

AKA-Link77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prerequisites:
-CIA installer (aka FBI)
-Downgraded browser
-sysUpdater cia
-SD card
Steps:

Dang, I got all excited about using the Browser for AC Hax again, then i seen "old3DS"...
No New3DS Browser downgrade I presume?

nandu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to install the EUR browser on my old3DS (A9LH/Luma) and I get this:

SpiderV1.7567EUR-0004003000009D02.cia
titleException:
title.cpp:126: Result: 0xD8E08027
Failed to finish CIA installation!

Weird since I managed to downgrade the browser on my 2DS (A9LH) earlier this year

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prerequisites:
-CIA installer (aka FBI)
-Downgraded browser
-sysUpdater cia
-SD card
Steps:
browser version 1.7567 for this downgraded browsers number??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh and how would i use this downgraded browser to dump my towns da??

RyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install the EUR browser on my old3DS (A9LH/Luma) and I get this:

SpiderV1.7567EUR-0004003000009D02.cia
titleException:
title.cpp:126: Result: 0xD8E08027
Failed to finish CIA installation!

Weird since I managed to downgrade the browser on my 2DS (A9LH) earlier this year
Are you installing it with a CIA installer or sysUpdater?
browser version 1.7567 for this downgraded browsers number??
yes.
oh and how would i use this downgraded browser to dump my towns da??
just press home and launch a spider exploit via QR code (found on OP of this thread) or have them ready for bookmark.

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you installing it with a CIA installer or sysUpdater?

yes.

just press home and launch a spider exploit via QR code (found on OP of this thread) or have them ready for bookmark.
so the dream address dump is on this thread?? can you point out the name of it pls??

asically simple instructions would help me on that point and ty if you can or would say so

RyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the dream address dump is on this thread?? can you point out the name of it pls??

asically simple instructions would help me on that point and ty if you can or would say so
You have to dump it yourself.
Basically, just visit the dream address, press home and then scan this QR code:
upload_2016-10-28_0-40-15.png

Click accept to launch URL, let the browser do it's thing and either your bottom screen will flash green and/or the browser will crash. That is normal.
Then, return back to your town, and press home and now scan this QR code:
upload_2016-10-28_0-43-25.png

The same thing will happen from before. Your bottom screen will flash green and/or crash the browser.
When you return to Animal Crossing, the game will act funky for a second and there will be an announcement for a new time change, forcing your game to save, and after it's done saving, your character will come out of his/her house from the town that you just dumped. Furniture, however won't copy over for some strange reason...
Hope this helps :)

Found a video guide that you could try following too. It applies to the QR codes I just sent, so instead of using the bookmarks, just launch the QR codes by pressing L+R to open camera and there should be a QR code option on the bottom screen.

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 67250
Click accept to launch URL, let the browser do it's thing and either your bottom screen will flash green and/or the browser will crash. That is normal.
View attachment 67251
The same thing will happen from before. Your bottom screen will flash green and/or crash the browser.
When you return to Animal Crossing, the game will act funky for a second and there will be an announcement for a new time change, forcing your game to save, and after it's done saving, your character will come out of his/her house from the town that you just dumped. Furniture, however won't copy over for some strange reason...
so i use the first to backup my current town and second to dump?? seems easy enough. tyvm. i been wanting my old town back from back in the day from when i first started and lost the card so this will help. yay happy early bday to me.

oh ya tyvm. i just noticed the video. knew id have to do the dumping myself. lol. but i dont mind. i just reread what ya said i got it clear in my head and ll try it tmoro.

oh and one more thing i got my town backupped via jksm and i was wondering if after i dump and inject the town using these couldnt i just export that to jksm and reimport my save of my other town i had on card already??

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 67250
View attachment 67251

Found a video guide that you could try following too. It applies to the QR codes I just sent, so instead of using the bookmarks, just launch the QR codes by pressing L+R to open camera and there should be a QR code option on the bottom screen.

well i just tried it but it doesnt green flash it does crash. when it loads the net after scanning the qr code itll load but sorta like freeze then crash still no green flash tho. and yeah i am doing with my mayor. browser version is 1.7567 or whatnot like its supposed to be for this so id love to know what im doing wrong

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@itsRyan nvrmnd i figured it out. i just used the one on the front of the thread here. tyvm finally got my town back. if ya ever want to look it up check auryas in search. if it shows 2 both are mine. lol. i had to restart my 3ds ages ago due to error of some sort and it gave me a new fc. idk why it did 2 diff ones but im glad to have one i got bk. tthe one with flowers at the gate ya thats the esp one im talking bout.

nandu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@itsRyan I was using the sysUpdater. FBI and DevMenu won't install it either, FBI gave an error about 'invalid or outdated title version' and DevMenu said "this CIA is invalid". The same .cia worked fine on the 2DS, only difference is that I used the previous, longer method to install A9LH on that one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.