Hacking Nintendo Has Released v7.0.0-200 - PLEASE DO NOT UPDATE!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it will not update automatically?

It shouldn't. I'd disable the auto-update option in settings though (I don't know if this option applies to system updates, but its better to be safe :P)
FYI Auto-updates only refer to downloading game updates automatically. The system is designed to download firmware updates automatically but not install them automatically. The only way to block system updates is with a DNS server.

Reactions: ZachyCatGames

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo is learning how to troll like a GBATemp'er :D

Screenshot_2019-01-30 motezazer on Twitter.png

C and D as in Cease and Desist!

Would really be funny if the 'random fake keys' decoded hash-wise as 'readable text':

Like for 'gotcha' / 'stop trying' / 'don't pirate' / 'we know whom you are?'

If i was working for Nintendo i would do that! :D

(Just Saying!)

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is learning how to troll like a GBATemp'er :D

View attachment 156604

C and D as in Cease and Desist!

Would really be funny if the 'random fake keys' decoded hash-wise as 'readable text':

Like for 'gotcha' / 'stop trying' / 'don't pirate' / 'we know whom you are?'

If i was working for Nintendo i would do that! :D

(Just Saying!)

It means more difficult to run CFW in 7.0?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Look around in his tweets and replies, he never specifically said that it works on 5.0.0+ as far as I can tell. But he did say some things that heavily imply it
Here are some of his replies to some questions of Deja Vu on various system version:
https://twitter.com/hexkyz/status/1052535483308236800
https://twitter.com/hexkyz/status/1055175718324191232
https://twitter.com/hexkyz/status/1062368550944333824

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wrong. The exploit chain is currently usable on all systems on <=6.0.1

Just to provide a bit more context and hopefully clear some doubts:
- The déjà-vu exploit chain goes browserhax > nvhax > gmmuhax > nspwn > [undisclosed] > warmboothax;

I know it's not much yet, but this will grant those with ipatched units the ability to explore the system further and look for even more vulnerabilities on a higher privilege level.
For general users (with ipatched units), the benefits will depend on the firmware version you are on:
- 4.1.0: vulnerable to the entire déjà-vu chain so it can go up to nspwn right away (full userland takeover and therefore, homebrew);
- 5.0.0 to 5.1.0: nspwn was patched in this version, but workarounds are possible by abusing gmmuhax;
- 6.0.0 to 6.0.1: many changes made exploitation really hard to achieve, but there are still workarounds.

6.1.0 patched the browser exploit that will be released (others are already being worked on) and 6.2.0 patched "nvhax" (closing down the current exploit chain).

It means more difficult to run CFW in 7.0?
If it's a fusee exploitable console then you just need to wait for stuff to be updated.

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Does anyone know if 90dns prevents from the update nag?

I mean, does having 90dns in the internet settings allow me to connect to internet without popping the update?

I screwed it up once for not having dns set on 6.2 and I had to wait til atmosphere worked (luckily, just a few days)

Last edited by Manurocker95,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does anyone know if 90dns prevents from the update nag?

I mean, does having 90dns in the internet settings allow me to connect to internet without popping the update?

I screwed it up once for not having dns set on 6.2 and I had to wait til atmosphere worked (luckily, just a few days)

I mean it should block connection to all ninty servers.... I just tried to update on mine with 90 set on it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...