Gaming Nintendo Handheld Screen Larger than Before Or No?

ponygals

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nataliezworld.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you think Nintendo will ever make a handheld device with a large screen like this with these features? Something I came up with haha.

303gsv5.jpg

Reactions: yuyuyup

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Wouldn't then the name be Nintendo 3DS XXL (Or in Japan LLL or 3L, lol, Nintendo 3DS 3L)

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two problems. First, the screens are drastically different in size. It's bad enough that the 3DS has different sizes for both screens but this is taking it even farther. Logically if one of the screens should be larger it should be the one with touch capability, not the other way around.

Second, putting speakers on the sides is probably not an ideal position. I don't see why you wouldn't put them near the bottom at least, under the buttons.
Having said that, the top screen was an excellent place to put the speakers, there was no need to move them. It is probably possible to make the 3DS XL top screen slightly bigger (just not as big as yours) without having to change where the speakers are. So the question becomes why not just do that (make it slightly bigger) instead of making it so big that you have to move where everything is.

Also I realized another thing wrong. This would make the top screen even heavier.

ZoMbiERD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I think, it would be perfect if Nintendo just will make a handheld with a high screen resolution. At least for the upper screen. Cause 3DS XL's screens are big enough to play and watch videos without any discomfort. On the other hand, system is already hardly fits in your pocket and a bit heavy (especially for the little kids, but who cares about them ^__^' ).
IF they'll make even bigger screens in they next console, it would completely looks like gaming notebook.)

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh dear god I hope not. 3DS XL already has the worst speakers ever on a DS device and the keep getting shittier each iteration. To put the speakers on the back would be madness.

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the system will become top heavy if you use buttons/dpad

clamshell is dead now that the slider has been introduced. If Nintendo is smart they'll figure out that everyone's phones make it so portability is no longer wanted. Then again they invented the XL models so I think they were onto it all along.

Clamshell is not so much for portability anymore as it is to protect/childproof the screens. What Nintendo could do is introduce something like an IPad Smart Cover for their next handheld. In other words it would be a clamshell like overlay for the system that could be made of rubber or fabric and when you want to play you just flip it up and behind the system and then it would double as a grip. But aside from that the system would be shaped like a 2DS, Vita, or WiiU.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the system will become top heavy if you use buttons/dpad

clamshell is dead now that the slider has been introduced. If Nintendo is smart they'll figure out that everyone's phones make it so portability is no longer wanted. Then again they invented the XL models so I think they were onto it all along.

Clamshell is not so much for portability anymore as it is to protect/childproof the screens. What Nintendo could do is introduce something like an IPad Smart Cover for their next handheld. In other words it would be a clamshell like overlay for the system that could be made of rubber or fabric and when you want to play you just flip it up and behind the system and then it would double as a grip. But aside from that the system would be shaped like a 2DS, Vita, or WiiU.
imo the slider is weaker than the clamshell we use today.

the handhelds are not built as smartphones, instead they are more bulky to withstand falls and being tossed away from time to time.

also speakers on the sides or the back are not a smart idea as they wont be sending the sound to the right direction.

at the bottom of the console also is not a good a idea because the hands will block some of the sound (not counting the analogs that take up a big space inside the console)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello