http://nintendoeverything.com/90312/wii-u-console-specs/

Good night everyone.

bart148

Trophies
Some hybrid between Hyrule and Cerulean City
XP
Country
United States
I have to admit that both Nintendo and Sony had the better conferences, but that didn't make them great. Not enough new games for Wii U, Just a little Information about Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion. And too much PS Move shovelware from Sony even though the Demo of The Last of Us was pretty cool.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
ZombiU was the only thing that made me want a WiiU. I love those zombie situations :lol:
Pikmin 3 interested me slightly though I don't think I would appreciate it as much as the people who've played the originals.

Everything else was stuff that I've seen or did not care about.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Just in case anyone is interested:

http://nintendoevery...-console-specs/

Good night everyone.
That's too vague to be of any use.
I dunno. It's really vague. Multicore CPU... HD graphics? Really vague.

I just read about Nintendo Land and personally I change my opinion about it. It's actually not bad because instead of selling these titles individually they consolidated 15 into one. Not to mention that Animal Crossing is inside.
I know they are mini games but yeah, 15 into 1 is actually quite a lot. It is meant to showcase the Wii U features anyway (Nintendo said so themselves). So no complaint. However I won't be buying this.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's another thing - only two WiiU pads per console is a downer for me. It's not like Split-Screen would be an issue - you have screens *on the controller*, what's the issue?

The controller works with a lower resolution than the main game already, so you wouldn't really need to use low-details mode to render more scenes.
4 individual 480p streams with the controller plus a 720p/1080p display on the television would be demanding.

Not to mention issues with the wireless bandwidth.
As far as I'm concerned, the TV can display a game map for all I care. I just want more than 1 on 1 gameplay. If the N64 could do it, the Dreamcast could do it, the NGC could do it and the Wii could do it then sorry but so can the WiiU. I can live even with lower details, but gimme proper 4-player support.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
That's another thing - only two WiiU pads per console is a downer for me. It's not like Split-Screen would be an issue - you have screens *on the controller*, what's the issue?

The controller works with a lower resolution than the main game already, so you wouldn't really need to use low-details mode to render more scenes.
4 individual 480p streams with the controller plus a 720p/1080p display on the television would be demanding.

Not to mention issues with the wireless bandwidth.

Let's not forget that for each screen, TV or controller, the WiiU has to render each of them. Simple layouts like an inventory screen aren't too much of a problem, as the bottleneck would be the compression and sending of the video/audio, as the WiiU doesn't have to do much else apart from game logic. Same goes with split-screen. Now, if each person were to have something unique, like looking at a different part of a 3D scene, then the bottleneck would be the actual WiiU itself, because it isn't just rendering the polygons, but it has to go through many different stages like culling, shading, etc, and this is done for each screen.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Let's not forget that for each screen, TV or controller, the WiiU has to render each of them. Simple layouts like an inventory screen aren't too much of a problem, as the bottleneck would be the compression and sending of the video/audio, as the WiiU doesn't have to do much else apart from game logic. Same goes with split-screen. Now, if each person were to have something unique, like looking at a different part of a 3D scene, then the bottleneck would be the actual WiiU itself, because it isn't just rendering the polygons, but it has to go through many different stages like culling, shading, etc, and this is done for each screen.
Convinient excuse, except we've already seen 4 player split-screen throughout the last few generations, nullifying the point.

The issue here is the transfer between controllers, which probably sucks bandwidth-wise.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Convinient excuse, except we've already seen 4 player split-screen throughout the last few generations, nullifying the point.

The issue here is the transfer between controllers, which probably sucks bandwidth-wise.

Past games/consoles did not have to deal with compressing video on-the-fly, especially when in this case, the WiiU has to compress an individual raw 24-bit 480p video, which at 30fps is ~37MB/s. Multiply that by 4 for so-called 4-player, and you've got a lot of data that has to be dealt with alongside the actual processing of the game.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country

Watch out guys, because professional electrical engineer, Foxi4 is here. Not only does he understand electronics better than anyone else in his field, but he has some of the most original ideas ever.

Really, Nintendo should snap this guy up. Noone in Nintendo would be able to come up with the idea of being able to use 4 controllers at once, or splitscreen gameplay. That unique and original idea belongs to genius mastermind, Foxi4.

And not only this, but he knows how easy it would be to implement it. While the whole of Nintendo's team faff around with NFC and geomagnetic sensors, this guy knows the best way to stream data to controllers.

It's a real shame Foxi4 hasn't met with Iwata, because there's noone else in the whole company who could come up with the idea of four controllers without him, or come up with an engineering solution for it as well as him.

Reactions: 8 people

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
It was a good conference and I'll definitely be getting that console and some of the games they showed... but I'm mostly looking forward to the 3DS conference. There's a certain title I really, really want localized...

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
The thing is.. they didnt really... y'know... announce anything.

There was nothing shown off that we did either know was coming(B:AC), or couldve really easily worked out (NSMBU). And it was obvious that they would do a mini-game thing. (The singing/dancing games dont count, because they arent games, and shouldnt exist.)

The only real surprise was the Port of ME3.. but theres no point to that, as you cant carry progress over from the 1st 2.

Fibrizo

Not Valwin
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly? Other than Tekken Tag Tournament 2, ZombiU and Scribblenauts Unlimited, Nintendo's show failed to impress me.

This was a rather lame E3, for me, the unexpected yet crowned winner of this year's expo so-far is... Ubisoft. They had a great, thrilling show.

yea Ubisoft have one game wow too bad th rest we have seen it already

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Too much focus on third parties, E3 is one of the worlds biggest gaming events and in order to make third parties comfortable on the new system they've got to have some publicity.
The bad thing about this is that it's the same third party games we've known for months already, this E3 almost completely lacked the element of surprise you usually would get from a normal E3 conference.
Even more so with Nintendo since they're exceptionally good at keeping secrets, one of the main reasons why people expected so much from their presentation.
We obviously knew that more first party games were on the way, Miyamoto's new IP's, Retros unannounced game, and we have many indications of bigger projects in the making, they've frequently been hiring people both in Japan and in the US, they've expanded the company by building new offices/dev houses etc.
We know that these games are still in the making and what we wanted from their conference was a just a glimpse of what to come.

Sadly what Nintendo did was shifting all that focus towards third parties instead, they were afraid that their own projects would overshadow other titles right away like with so many of their E3 presentations before.

Nintendo are almost doing the same thing with the Wii U as with the 3DS, they'll focus on the third parties, except that this time around they also expect much better sales thanks to better pricing and key franchises like pikmin right out of the gate.

Previous Nintendo presentations were always all about first party titles and this time it was the complete opposite.

The reason why this sucks so much is that we already knew all about what third parties were developing and there was next to no new information that we didn't already get at Sony's, MS or Ubis conferences, it was the same third party repeat show.

What I'm expecting Nintendo to do next is at later dates announce their own Wii U exclusives at smaller conferences/presentations like Nintendo Direct, Tokyo Game Show or GDC.
Remember, Nintendo gets huge sales no matter when or where they announce their titles, so announcing Retros confirmed yet secret Wii U title for example could happen any day of the week through magazines, interviews or smaller game conferences.
They've already gotten the Wii U console and the third party devs out of the way so I'm expecting big things a few months from now.

Anyway I must say that I'm very interested in this supposedly very deep and strategic new Pikmin experience.

Crimson Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
In my opinion, they saw how bad the other conferences were and held back... A LOT. When they start falling back (announcement of 720/PS4), they'll show Zelda Wii U / 3DS, a new 3D Mario, F-Zero, Animal Crossing, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Super Smash Bros. etc.

There was no need for them to show any of them this year, if you think about it. Even though we would have loved to see any of them.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
E3 is nice to see upcoming releases, but I plan on getting the WiiU console from day one, no matter what the launch titles are. Seeing the WiiU finally has been awesome and the reveal of older games being released, like Mass Effect 3, has me excited for the launch. I just hope they don't have as many party or casual titles on the WiiU and go back to the gamer oriented focus they've had before.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
In my opinion, they saw how bad the other conferences were and held back... A LOT. When they start falling back (announcement of 720/PS4), they'll show Zelda Wii U / 3DS, a new 3D Mario, F-Zero, Animal Crossing, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Super Smash Bros. etc.

There was no need for them to show any of them this year, if you think about it. Even though we would have loved to see any of them.

Yeah, no reason at all. Except uh.. oh wait, the fact that they're releasing a new console and they need people to buy it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"