Nintendo had the better show!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Centrix, Jun 5, 2012.

Jun 5, 2012

Nintendo had the better show! by Centrix at 6:19 PM (5,252 Views / 0 Likes) 75 replies

1. Centrix
    OP

Member Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

United States
    I feel Nintendo stole the show this year again but not by much, it was a good show or it started off that way Zombie U was amazing I don't think there is a game on the current gen that looks that good or clean! Sony and Microsoft where let downs with a few trailers that showed some new footage to games I'm looking to get hoping there will be more trailers and info on games that weren't shown and I though we were gonna see 23 titles today at Nintendos E3 showing where were they I saw like 4 maybe 5 lol.

2. heartgold

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Not over yet, still the 3DS software showcase and round table to go. :P

1 person likes this.
  3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    For me it was as ok as the others. There wasn't anything as grating as the Ubisoft shit (really they should just show a video of game footage and leave out presenters) but there was nothing that made me go "wow".

4. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Same here. Good, but "meh". Nothing truly stood out to me to get excited over that I wasn't already interested in.

1 person likes this.
  5. Dingoo-fan 32

Member Dingoo-fan 32 GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    In my opinion it was "meh", like the others =|

6. Etkar.H

Member Etkar.H GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    If they only announced the Kingdom Hearts HD Remix. Now that would be a ''WOOOW!!'' title. ^^

1 person likes this.
  7. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    At least they brought out new stuff for an upcoming console.

IMO Nintendo > Sony > MS

Sony's was awesome with the 1-year PS+ giveaway to the audience (would've been neat to be there) and finally, free games with PS+. 360's was just dull and they seem to have stopped caring about the competition.

8. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Sadly, Nintendo's was just a little better than Microsoft's or Sony's.
    It had a little of what made the others bad, (dragged on too long, shovelware, ect.), but they did show video games, not all of them were good. Still that doesn't change the fact that they showed them. Neither Microsoft nor Sony showed that many games, nor really did anything interesting.

EDIT: Also Nintendo didn't have to resort to swearing to make their games seem "mature," which honestly I like. Swearing doesn't make your games any better or mature, it just means you swore in a video game.

9. mad_gamer_jad

Newcomer mad_gamer_jad Advanced Member

Lebanon
    To be honest I thought their conference was crap just like the others save for Ubisoft and Watch Dogs, but I was never really excited for Wii U and all I wanted was some 3DS news which is why I'm betting on tomorrow's conference. Also, NSMB2 looks like SMB3 on crack which could be a great thing, I loved the new revamped system for paper mario, and fuck yeah Pikmin 3

10. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    For you, it would have meant I needed to drink more.

This conference has put me on the fence about getting a Wii U now. I do admit, NSMB U looks a lot better than I expected, Pikmin 3 looked really cool had some cool ideas...but they needed just one more title, one title that has that Nintendo magic that would have made it a day one purchase rather than "I'd get it in a few months". ZombiU looked good, had some neat ideas and I wished they showed that more...like cut the Arkham City part and show more of ZombieU.

11. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    ZombiU was the only thing that really impressed me as well to be honest. Looked like it had decent atmosphere, and I liked what it did with the pad. I liked the pad usage in Arkham City as well, but it's still just a port of a game that most gamers would already have played.

12. mad_gamer_jad

Newcomer mad_gamer_jad Advanced Member

Lebanon
    Waaait hold the phone, so nintendo JUST announced a launch game from platinum games and a new wario game? Why the hell weren't these in the conference?

13. kaz_abdin

Newcomer kaz_abdin Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I have to disagree. I really think Ubisoft and Sony's press conferences were definitly better than Ninentdo's. We got to see new AC3 game play in both press conferences along with game play for new IPs such as The Last of Us, Sony Battle Royal, Watch Dog (which I think looked awsome) and Beyond. Although ZombiU did look great, really like the use of the WiiU controller as a scanner and sniper feature, nothing else really stood out of the presentation.

IMO Ubisoft / Sony > Nintendo > Microsoft

14. Fyrus

Member Fyrus Artilleur Carmin

France
    There are still games that weren't presented in that conference though. Hoping for them tomorrow.

15. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Honestly? Other than Tekken Tag Tournament 2, ZombiU and Scribblenauts Unlimited, Nintendo's show failed to impress me.

This was a rather lame E3, for me, the unexpected yet crowned winner of this year's expo so-far is... Ubisoft. They had a great, thrilling show.

16. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I'm hoping for something new tomorrow...

The conference was average. Better than the other ones (besides Ubisoft). Most people just had high hopes for it.

Honestly, there wasn't any news we didn't know about already. We knew Pikmin 3, we pretty much knew about multiple WiiU gamepads on one console, and the 3DS titles. The only new information was some of the third party WiiU titles like Mass Effect which we didn't even get footage of.

17. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    That's another thing - only two WiiU pads per console is a downer for me. It's not like Split-Screen would be an issue - you have screens *on the controller*, what's the issue?

The controller works with a lower resolution than the main game already, so you wouldn't really need to use low-details mode to render more scenes.

18. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    Personally Nintendo did have a better show - but that Nintendo Land bullshit made it go down to 6/10 for me.

I really hope there is SOMETHING DECENT like MH3G, Fire Emblem, SMT etc. tomorrow and not the same games as today (Scribblenauts, LEGO) or even announced games like Castlevania MoF and Kingdom Hearts DDD.

19. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    4 individual 480p streams with the controller plus a 720p/1080p display on the television would be demanding.

Not to mention issues with the wireless bandwidth.

20. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Have you ever done 5 monitor eyefinity on your computer
    Even at standard definition, it would be a nightmare. not to mention the probable bandwidth limitations on their streaming technology. Stop grumbling about the impossible