Nintendo Entertainment System is coming back as Nintendo Classic Mini on 11/11

TB_NintendoClassicMiniNES.jpg

Bring back memories and make brand new ones with Nintendo's ultimate retro gaming experience, launching 11th November!

Relive the 80s when the Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System launches in stores on 11th November. The classic NES is back in a familiar-yet-new form as a mini replica of Nintendo’s original home console. Plugging directly into a high-definition TV using the included HDMI cable, the console comes complete with 30 NES games built-in, including beloved classics like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN and Kirby’s Adventure.

The Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System comes packaged with an HDMI cable, a USB cable for powering the system*, and one Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller. And whether it’s rediscovering an old favourite or experiencing the joy of NES for the first time, the fantastic collection of NES classics included with each and every system should have something for all players.

US Price has been revealed at $59.99 USD, + $10 for a second controller.

:arrow:Source (includes list of games)

D

Deleted User

I'm very excited for the Mini NES and will definitely buy it! I just hope that it has the ability to savestates.

It's the only way to get a new NES that doesn't cost a fortune.

Good thing they're including a controller (would be a no-brainer!) because I don't have a CCP Wii controller.
Ok so...
you can run official nes on wii with vc, and also more other games, and it costs less

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Ok so...
you can run official nes on wii with vc, and also more other games, and it costs less
But it's authentic, it looks nice next to a TV (or other Ninty consoles), and you get an awesome Wiimote Accessory controller! :P
And if no one can hack this thing, or I'm too afraid to brick it, I still can play emulators with said controller on mah vWii. :)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
@Pikm And again, if you don't want to hardmod it, it will have to have an SD/USB slot.
Why? Do you realize how easy it would be to just solder in a ROM chip with the games? NES games are tiny and it wouldn't cost much. That's how it's usually done with mini-TV consoles anyway.
I don't see Nintendo adding an sd slot for this thing given its $60 impulse price point. If they want to sell more games, they'll just release a new unit (prob snes or GB) next year.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: KingpinSlim
D

Deleted User

Cool. I'm going to get it. It would be neat to have and it's a steal based on the price of those games on e-shop

K

KingpinSlim

Why? Do you realize how easy it would be to just solder in a ROM chip with the games? NES games are tiny and it wouldn't cost much. That's how it's usually done with mini-TV consoles anyway.
I don't see Nintendo adding an sd slot for this thing given its $60 impulse price point. If they want to sell more games, they'll just release a new unit (prob snes or GB) next year.
Oh my God... a re-release of the GameBoy with a backlit screen? Maybe even GameBoy Color?

I would pre-order that with NO need for a review. Maybe even three or four, since thats such an amazing Christmas-gift.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah $10 for one of those controllers, which probably works on a Wiimote, that's even more interesting than the console itself! I'll be getting both anyway - not gonna whinge about what's not on it, there's plenty that is!

Wonder if us PAL users will be getting PAL versions though....ugh, hook me up with a US machine if we are (hopefully not!)

D

Deleted User

If the system is $60, and includes 30 NES games, each NES game on the system would be $60 / 30 = $2 for each NES game.

I'm just curious as to whether this mini-NES will include backwards compatibility with original NES cartridges. I mean, if SEGA can create a modern Mega Drive that has both built-in games and can read the original cartridges, why can't Nintendo?

K

KingpinSlim

Yeah $10 for one of those controllers, which probably works on a Wiimote, that's even more interesting than the console itself! I'll be getting both anyway - not gonna whinge about what's not on it, there's plenty that is!

Wonder if us PAL users will be getting PAL versions though....ugh, hook me up with a US machine if we are (hopefully not!)

HDMI is digital, so what would be the point of using two different SKUs?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If the system is $60, and includes 30 NES games, each NES game on the system would be $60 / 30 = $2 for each NES game.

I'm just curious as to whether this mini-NES will include backwards compatibility with original NES cartridges. I mean, if SEGA can create a modern Mega Drive that has both built-in games and can read the original cartridges, why can't Nintendo?
SEGA isn't manufacturing anything. Sega isn't the company who actually makes these things. Sega only sells licenses.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Ok so...

I know that, but this is for nostalgia and it looks really cool. It's a Mini NES! :)

But it's authentic, it looks nice next to a TV (or other Ninty consoles), and you get an awesome Wiimote Accessory controller! :P
And if no one can hack this thing, or I'm too afraid to brick it, I still can play emulators with said controller on mah vWii. :)
Exactly.

I can buy pstv instead of this!
I've two PSTVs (1x with 64GB, 1x with 16GB) but I couldn't pass up on owning a Mini NES and have it on pre-order already. :)

Reactions: smileyhead

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Preordered on Amazon UK for £49.99. A few hours later, the price has risen to £59.99. Either Amazon goofed on the price or they realised there's an overwhelming demand so jacked up the price.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Preordered on Amazon UK for £49.99. A few hours later, the price has risen to £59.99. Either Amazon goofed on the price or they realised there's an overwhelming demand so jacked up the price.
The RRP is £49.99 but Amazon must have realised this is something people want.

Still, other retailers have it for £49.99:

Zavvi - http://www.zavvi.com/elysium.search?search=mini+nes (Console £49.99 / Controller £7.99)
GameSeek - http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoG...do-Classic-Mini-Nintendo-Entertainment-System (Console £49.94)
The Game Collection - http://www.thegamecollection.net/nintendo-classic-mini-nes.html (Console £49.95)

I've seen pictures of the Mini NES on the palm of a hand and that's not "Mini" it's tiny. Like PSTV. Regardless, I'm very excited for it. :)

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Everybody seems so excited, but I'm not sure if I understand why.

You get a little console with a limited number of games on it. Not to mention that the company is trying to make you buy the same games for the 4th time.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

You get a little console with a limited number of games on it. Not to mention that the company is trying to make you buy the same games for the 4th time.
I've refused to buy VC games because I feel they're overpriced. So this would be the second time at most.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I have a hobby of buying and fixing Gameboys. I like them but definately not enough to play it every day (thank you GBA SP 101). I found that at the right price, they just instantly sell out which helped fuel me buying more and also using the money to buy more game for my retro collection.

I think geek culture is helping fueling the whole, "YAY RETRO" and even with phones being able to run emulators and PSPs running emulators, I still scratch my head as to why people still buy them but not enough to complain.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1. The controller looks great, but you can buy it separate so the controller doesn't argue for buying the console.
2. The games will be emulated with whatever the vc uses to run NES games.
3. If it will run NES cartridges it would be awesome. I'm hoping that hand on the picture is the world's largest hand, since that might mean it's a possibility...
4. I swear to God that if the USB cable is a micro type (like smart phones), I will laugh my ass off from just thinking that I can plug my phone charger into a NES. Of course, I know it's perfectly possible.

K

KingpinSlim

Look at
1. The controller looks great, but you can buy it separate so the controller doesn't argue for buying the console.
2. The games will be emulated with whatever the vc uses to run NES games.
3. If it will run NES cartridges it would be awesome. I'm hoping that hand on the picture is the world's largest hand, since that might mean it's a possibility...
4. I swear to God that if the USB cable is a micro type (like smart phones), I will laugh my ass off from just thinking that I can plug my phone charger into a NES. Of course, I know it's perfectly possible.
Look at the pictures more closely. The flap on the front does not open. It is simply an indentation in the casing, not actually a moving part.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: