Nintendo Entertainment System is coming back as Nintendo Classic Mini on 11/11

TB_NintendoClassicMiniNES.jpg

Bring back memories and make brand new ones with Nintendo's ultimate retro gaming experience, launching 11th November!

Relive the 80s when the Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System launches in stores on 11th November. The classic NES is back in a familiar-yet-new form as a mini replica of Nintendo’s original home console. Plugging directly into a high-definition TV using the included HDMI cable, the console comes complete with 30 NES games built-in, including beloved classics like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN and Kirby’s Adventure.

The Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System comes packaged with an HDMI cable, a USB cable for powering the system*, and one Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller. And whether it’s rediscovering an old favourite or experiencing the joy of NES for the first time, the fantastic collection of NES classics included with each and every system should have something for all players.

US Price has been revealed at $59.99 USD, + $10 for a second controller.

:arrow:Source (includes list of games)

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
It looks interesting, but I"m not sure since I already have most of this games for NES and Famicom, and also have some Famiclones that have the complete board and it won"t be much useful for me. I"ll wait to the release to see how it is, but maybe I"ll buy it for the controller since it will be a mostly 1:1 to the original just like the SNES/SFC one from Club Nintendo and it can be connected to a Wiimote to play Wii and Wii U Virtual Console. I hope that they also launch a Famicom one since I"ll like more a Famicom controller version

G3nji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
30 games pre-installed meaning that there's no way we're using old cartridges, man ill probably have to think twice before i buy this, i dont even know what it looks like in the hdtv cuz ive seen a lot of people playing in old retro games in hdtv and they look bad, probably depends of what cable your using though to get around with it so i dont know. know what screw it , Im not an old gamer, never had a chance to play original NES though so i might just buy it out of morbid curiosity just to relate what it feels like playing games in the 80's, also to expand my knowledge about gaming as a whole too. final verdict: the box looks so damn hot

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this will be hacked to play more ROMs like the Retron5 was hacked, despite being "locked".

No point in doing so. Just download an emulator and get on with your day. I mean Nintendo shouldn't be that dumb. Selling a system people can easily with full speed on a crappy o3DS emulate is a stupid idea. Only people who enjoy the actual classics will buy the real deal. Not some knockoff for them to get some money...

K

KingpinSlim

30 games pre-installed meaning that there's no way we're using old cartridges, man ill probably have to think twice before i buy this, i dont even know what it looks like in the hdtv cuz ive seen a lot of people playing in old retro games in hdtv and they look bad, probably depends of what cable your using though to get around with it so i dont know. know what screw it , Im not an old gamer, never had a chance to play original NES though so i might just buy it out of morbid curiosity just to relate what it feels like playing games in the 80's, also to expand my knowledge about gaming as a whole too. final verdict: the box looks so damn hot
The cable has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No point in doing so. Just download an emulator and get on with your day. I mean Nintendo shouldn't be that dumb. Selling a system people can easily with full speed on a crappy o3DS emulate is a stupid idea. Only people who enjoy the actual classics will buy the real deal. Not some knockoff for them to get some money...
You are missing the point. This device is neither for collectors, nor enthusiasts. This is a device for casual gamers and collectors.
Either people who know little of emulation or those who buy it out of love for Nintendo.

Reactions: Deleted User

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Different strokes for different folks. People will want to support Nintendo, I'd rather buy this than some shoddy Famiclone.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Output in HDMI, finally NES games won't look like total garbage on a HD TV.

Well, there is also Virtual Console, but this is too adorable to pass up. I'm gonna sit it right next to its bigger brother.

K

KingpinSlim

No Online Shop = No One Buys That Thing.
You couldn't be more wrong. This will sell like fucking crazy, if i am any judge.
This is marketed towards casual users and people who love everything Nintendo.
It will sell very well to those groups.
Anyone who underestimates the buying power of casuals also said the Wii wouldn't sell.
Where are those people now?

WooHyun

Trophies
XP
Country
You couldn't be more wrong. This will sell like fucking crazy, if i am any judge.
This is marketed towards casual users and people who love everything Nintendo.
It will sell very well to those groups.
Anyone who underestimates the buying power of casuals also said the Wii wouldn't sell.
Where are those people now?
Well as a fan of Nintendo I hope you're right but I don't think casual users would want to pay for almost thirty years old games considering they can easily pirate them so easily nowadays... Download Nestopia, google and download pirated roms, play them on your PC. That easy.

Edit: Yes. Maybe it is pretty good thing for nostalgia. If they launch something like 'Wii Classic Mini' twenty years later I'm gonna buy it. But this can't be for casual gamers. I'm sure because whenever my friends see me playing those NES classic games on my phone, they never understand me.

Last edited by WooHyun,
K

KingpinSlim

Well as a fan of Nintendo I hope you're right but I don't think casual users would want to pay for almost thirty years old games considering they can easily pirate them so easily nowadays... Download Nestopia, google and download pirated roms, play them on your PC. That easy.

Edit: Yes. Maybe it is pretty good thing for nostalgia. If they launch something like 'Wii Classic Mini' twenty years later I'm gonna buy it. But this can't be for casual gamers. I'm sure because whenever my friends see me playing those NES classic games on my phone, they never understand me.
You are aware that most human beings have no clue what the word "emulation" even means in the context of videogames, right?

Also: I hope to god you are not using touch-controls to play video-games.

Last edited by ,

WooHyun

Trophies
XP
Country
You are aware that most human beings have no clue what the word "emulation" even means in the context of videogames, right?
I assume it's true in where you live, but not in where I live. Three years ago, My Boy! and DraStic made a great hit in Korea, and I could see several guys playing Pokemon 3rd gen or Mario Kart DS at school. And though it's not my experience, many of Korean Pokemon oldbies remember playing Pokemon Gold/Silver on their PCs.

And, if people don't know how to use an emulator, they would not care NES games which they would consider crappy. I liked Wii when I was 11, but if I saw 'Final Fantasy I' back then, I wouldn't have considered to pay a cent for the game. Of course, now I know how good game Final Fantasy I is but, as I said, my friends call it 'crappy'.

K

KingpinSlim

I assume it's true in where you live, but not in where I live. Three years ago, My Boy! and DraStic made a great hit in Korea, and I could see several guys playing Pokemon 3rd gen or Mario Kart DS at school. And though it's not my experience, many of Korean Pokemon oldbies remember playing Pokemon Gold/Silver on their PCs.

And, if people don't know how to use an emulator, they would not care NES games which they would consider crappy. I liked Wii when I was 11, but if I saw 'Final Fantasy I' back then, I wouldn't have considered to pay a cent for the game. Of course, now I know how good game Final Fantasy I is but, as I said, my friends call it 'crappy'.
because you are to young. there is no nostalgia for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM