1. luigismentor

luigismentor Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    What, no Dragon Quest/Warrior games? For shame, Nintendo! At least offer a way to get more games in it in the near future!

Zense likes this.
  2. bitjacker

bitjacker GBAtemp Disorderly

United States
    or get an everdrive

Saiyan Lusitano, zfreeman and cvskid like this.
  3. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

United States
    So, who is gonna be the first to buy this and open it up to see what can be done with it?

4. regnad

regnad Button Masher

Sure. And to be honest, I have a hacked Wii, and I can just use RetroArch.

The controller definitely interests me, although I'd prefer an SNES controller.

I wish there were a way to play N64 with HDMI more than anything, though.

Wii/WiiU have somewhat limited N64 compatibility. The most recent emulator by Extrems is a big step in the right direction, but Banjo Tooie and DK64 are still unplayable.

Last edited by regnad, Jul 15, 2016
  5. XDel

XDel Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex

United States
    Please tell me that the NX will be using the same game ports.

Also please tell me that the front lid opens and accepts carts that feature other combo packs if not new titles.
    Last but not least, please tell me that the Nx has that cartridge slot also. :)

EDIT: They also need to bring back the NES advantage.

Last edited by XDel, Jul 15, 2016
  6. steveroo

steveroo GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    scanlines?

7. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

United States
  8. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    well considering i have 10 nes consoles including a top loade, r 3 ROBs, and over 430 carts i guess i dont need this. HDMI only is fail. For the best experience you need a crt. There are good hdmi to a/v converters tho.
    Is still a cool all in 1 man if it had a cart slot tho... There is good games included and they are worth way more then the $59 price. Arent those controller ports the same as on the wii mote?

9. KingpinSlim

KingpinSlim Newbie

Indeed, they are.

10. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai GBAtemp Psycho!

Antarctica
    Have you ever tried playing NES games on an HD TV using composite? It looks disgustingly blurry.

11. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.

United States
    Sooo.... 30 games? What are the specs? It's got 2 USB ports, does that mean it can hold more games? How does it work? Emulation? ROMs? How do you add games? If that's even possible?

12. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

United States
    Now do one of Super Nintendo and make sure Square-Enix is on that list too.

13. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Last edited by the_randomizer, Jul 15, 2016
    cvskid likes this.
  14. zerofalcon

zerofalcon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nope, no usb support, neither internet connection. Just the 30 games pre installed and that's all. For collection purposes it's a nice addition.
    http://kotaku.com/the-mini-nes-wont-open-cant-connect-to-the-internet-1783693116

15. YayMii

YayMii hi

Canada
    No, it won't have any method of expansion. Just the 30 games, and that's it. And no, those aren't USB ports, those are Wiimote expansion ports (as in, you can plug those NES controllers into a Wiimote for use with a Wii/WiiU/Bluetooth device). It does have a microUSB port on the back, but its sole purpose is to provide AC power to the unit (USB-to-wallplug adapter not included in PAL regions). It will run on emulation, and will have a few Virtual Console features as a result (like multi suspend points).
    I think that covers everything

This is meant to be a standalone novelty item, nothing more. As I mentioned before, I only consider the controller to be noteworthy, as there's not really anything about the console itself that'd be fascinating to the average Nintendo enthusiast.

16. sneef

sneef GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yep... considering the fact that good old NTSC analog crt TVs have 480 effective vertical lines (horizontal isn't a fixed value for analog tv in NTSC or PAL) and many non-HD sources like VHS, betamax, video game hardware, etc. operate at 320x240, it's a perfect match and doesn't look blurry.

put that signal on a full-HD LCD panel, via HDMI/DVI-D, and you've got one ugly, scaled image, displaying on a pixel count that isn't perfectly divisible by the source pixels, which means not only scaled, but interpolated and blurry.

i remember when HD projectors and screens started becoming more affordable. I was constantly having to explain to angry facility managers or other 'boss types' at locations I was on contract with, why their sources looked WORSE on an HD display. I always tried to explain this beforehand, but nobody listened! UPgrade your sources too, don't get an HD video switcher and Projector, or just an HD projector, and still run your SD material through it... this was before the advent of good scaling hardware that uses "smart" algorithms to upscale the images in a much more pleasing way.

but i digress...

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  17. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    you guys realize that's what this is it's VC in a box it will be the exact same roms as on the VC.

and $60 + $10 per controller for a nes? KEEP IT vwii working just fine :P

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Jul 15, 2016
  18. dronesplitter

dronesplitter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Believe it or not there will be some people that haven't played some of these amazing games in the last 20 years who will get hours of fun out of this thing. They're called casuals and this product, I hope, will be a sensation and might even finds its way into the hands of some really young players who will give it a try and find they enjoy what a real game plays like vs. flappy bird.

19. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    30 games for .50 cents each, vs 5 dollars for one VC game, just sayin, and most of us has Wii/Classic Controllers already. NES emulation on Wii U is pretty bad lol.

Tomato Hentai and dronesplitter like this.
  20. CeeDee

CeeDee Oh, fishsticks. I'm nauseous...

United States
    Unconfirmed,
    No (deconfirmed)
    Unconfirmed (we know nothing about NX)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Entertainment, Nintendo, Nintendo