Nintendo DS Titles Coming To Wii U Virtual Console

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really I don't see it as "forced rebuying" of your games. Stop being so dramatic people. You can still buy a DS or a 3DS to play your DS games, it's just another option. I don't see N64 owners crying about rebuying Super Mario 64 or hell I don't see any of you people crying about paying $60 for a "HD remake" of Wind Waker that is basically just Wind Waker with minor adjustments. And you paid $60 for it.

I just think it's kinda a bland idea compared to just offering digitally distributed DS games on the 3DS or Gamecube games on the Wii U. This is neat at most, unexciting at worst.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
the VC system is nice, so new people can play, the classic games, that they never had a chance to play

there are many game on DS (and other systems), that can are classic games, that cost over $60, used, and be hard to find, for a real copy of that game
and the VC system let you get the game for $10 or less right for the eshop

it not a bad thing

also
maybe Nintendo will see how will the DS game sell on the WiiU, and might bring top seller to the 3ds at some point

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the VC system is nice, so new people can play, the classic games, that they never had a chance to play

there are many game on DS (and other systems), that can are classic games, that cost over $60, used, and be hard to find, for a real copy of that game
and the VC system let you get the game for $10 or less right for the eshop

it not a bad thing

also
maybe Nintendo will see how will the DS game sell on the WiiU, and might bring top seller to the 3ds at some point
The problem is knowing Nintendo's track record one game will be released every 6 months.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Interesting, I didn't expect this. Since the 3DS already plays DS games one would think this would take away some potential profit.
Those who already have a DS/3DS probably won't get the Wii U just to play their DS games on it, while those who already have a Wii U will now be less inclined to get a DS/3DS.

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
Interesting, I didn't expect this. Since the 3DS already plays DS games one would think this would take away some potential profit.
Those who already have a DS/3DS probably won't get the Wii U just to play their DS games on it, while those who already have a Wii U will now be less inclined to get a DS/3DS.

What about those that have all 3 :P

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For the average gamefaqs user, by the time you bought 4 games on vc, you couldve probably gotten a used lite+flashcard anyways. Expecting a just a 10 $ price point is kinda extremely optimistic, isnt it?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you must be using the wrong tv they look stunning on my panasonic VIErA TH-P65VT20A 65" but than again everything does on this baby :creep:

Student budgets ruin everything :rofl2: One of these days I'm getting a new TV with the money I make from my old-ish college-budget TV:P Snes games look pretty good on the VC....never mind

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Student budgets ruin everything :rofl2: One of these days I'm getting a new TV with the money I make from my old-ish college-budget TV:P Snes games look pretty good on the VC....never mind
You could just force Wii U on 480p and use XRGB-Mini. Doesn't require new TV and this upscaler beats pretty much all TV's upscaling capability.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
0.jpg

Give me this one and I'm good.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could just force Wii U on 480p and use XRGB-Mini. Doesn't require new TV and this upscaler beats pretty much all TV's upscaling capability.

Don't have money for those, need a job before I can buy such a device. And besides, 480p on the Wii U seems kinda strange to me when I have it on HDMI :P I'd use my Wii if I wanted 480p ;)

iceypathx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is good, a really good idea from Nintendo. Just a joke; what's next? The next Wii console emulating 3DS games! HAHAAHA - ok not funny

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Yeah, they were going for that.