• Nintendo DS Jargon Dictionary (As is)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DS Acronym Dictionary

• DS Basics

• DS Info Dictionary

• Frequently Used NDS Terminology: From Universal Standards to Proprietary Jargon.

• DS Terms Dictionary

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Touch DIC (Lolwut?)

• DS Quick Reference Guide

• Terms-All-In-One DS (TAIO)

• Total voters

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys, its coming along nicely
smile.gif

If anyone has any knowledge of the PSP console, go to my Psp Jargon Dictionary and post information.
tongue.gif

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
does anyone have the definition of "scene"? (not the site) i think it has to do with release groups and stuff, since there are "pre-scene" roms (it's all confusing, hopefully someone knows)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shinigami357 said:
does anyone have the definition of "scene"? (not the site) i think it has to do with release groups and stuff, since there are "pre-scene" roms (it's all confusing, hopefully someone knows)

...pre-scene = before its available/popular? scene = easily available? Iono, that'd be my guess. I'm just taking a stab in the dark.

pichon64

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
Maybe: pre-scene are the dumps before the game is available for sale or maybe before the major and known dump groups get into action.

Scene dumps are the ones made by the major and known dump groups. Maybe.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Doesn't look like you have soft-reset. Soft reset is an option available in many new flashcarts where the user can reboot straight to the menu by pressing a set key combination in-game, as opposed to a "hard-reset" (rebooting your DS).

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
IIRC trimming is just getting rid of the padding in the file. AFAIK there's no such thing as unnecessary files in a rom, and I don't see padding as a file.

More region codes:
(H) Netherlands
(G) Germany
(F) France
(S) Spain
(I) Italy

EDIT: You might also wanna add realtime menus and realtime save functions
wink.gif

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Evo.lve said:
Doesn't look like you have soft-reset. Soft reset is an option available in many new flashcarts where the user can reboot straight to the menu by pressing a set key combination in-game, as opposed to a "hard-reset" (rebooting your DS).

Thanks Evo.lve, your input has really helped.
yaynds.gif

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is probably more advanced, but I do believe that there are a lot of homebrew reset options, whatever that is, I just saw it in my AKAIO menu one day. Um... IRQ Hook, SRW Hook or something like that, and a lot more... anyone know what this is?

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
EDIT: You might also wanna add realtime menus and realtime save functions
RTS, or RealTimeSave, is a function in flashcarts that allows the user to save where he/she might not normally be able to save. Is especially useful in games where you must reach a save point.

RealTimeMenu is a function of the SCDS2 and I think something else, can't remember. Allows for access to RTS, RealTimeCheats, Cheat Searching (whatever that does), soft-reset, etc.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cheat searching lets you turn on cheats in the middle of the game, and not having to restart for them to be activated. They can also be turned off.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For those who are new to the scene, you MAY like to add the fact that the R4 is now illegal in Australia, the US, the UK and a few other major countries... so... um... yeah... don't buy one...

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Evo.lve said:
RealTimeMenu is a function of the SCDS2 and I think something else, can't remember. Allows for access to RTS, RealTimeCheats, Cheat Searching (whatever that does), soft-reset, etc.
Cyclo,SCDS1,M3,and EZFlash+iSmart Premium also have this

Add iSmart as another flashcart and iPlayer as the first flashcart with an in-built cpu that features drag and drop video playing,though no roms.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Evo.lve said:
For those who are new to the scene, you MAY like to add the fact that the R4 is now illegal in Australia, the US, the UK and a few other major countries... so... um... yeah... don't buy one...

I think it's more than safe to buy one, as most sites ship them in a box/envelope. And I don't think customs opens the package. And a lot of sites don't say "R4" or anything, it mostly says "gift" or something like that. The only reason why not to buy one.. is just let the R4 die lol.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
Evo.lve said:

I think it's more than safe to buy one, as most sites ship them in a box/envelope. And I don't think customs opens the package. And a lot of sites don't say "R4" or anything, it mostly says "gift" or something like that. The only reason why not to buy one.. is just let the R4 die lol.

Hear, Hear. I'd rather let outdated flashcarts die than buy one for 6 bucks. seriously.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: