Nintendo Direct Round Up (3/3/2016)

07f3f2e1b9.png

A live breakout of todays events
  • Stream opens with Bill Trinen, says he have secrets to reveal! Kicking off with StarFox Zero!
  • Miyamoto talks a bit about StarFox Zero. Plot is similar to Starfox 64 with active twists including teleporters and difficulty.
  • New Stage Fortuna.
  • Alternate paths within the map that can lead to new levels and new levels. Branching paths for adventures.
  • The game can be played in a strange 2 player mode that allows one person to drive the arwing and the pother to use the gamepad to shoot.
  • Fox Amiibo adds a classic arwing to the game.
  • New game StarFox Guard.
  • Use Slippys new security system to ward off enemies in a sort of tower defense game.
  • Play others created levels and create your own.
  • Both games come packed together. Coming April 22nd!
  • Splatoon Updates!
  • Balance update coming to gear and systems.
  • New Splatfest elements
  • Adjustments to weapons and weapon set recommendations.
  • Updates will release in April.
  • Mario and Sonic Rio Olympic Games up now.
  • Features characters from Sonic Lost World, more DK characters, etc.
  • New events featuring Rugby and Rhythmic Gymnastics. Launches June 24th.
  • 3DS version launching March 18th
  • Super Mario Maker time!
  • More than 6.2 million levels created!
  • Thwomps can now become skewers from Mario World.
  • Keys and Key Doors added.
  • Pink Coins added where all must be collected to find a key.
  • Super Expert mode for Mario Maker. More costumes added including a Tetra costume.
  • Updating March 9th
  • SMTXFE! Otherwise known as #FE
  • The game is based in japan, has Japanese audio with english subtitles, and a full soundtrack. Coming June 24th.
  • Lost Reavers free co-op action game from bandai.
  • Paper Mario Wii U!
  • Takes place on an island, focuses on color and restoring color to the world!
  • Paint hammer that splashes paint to restore the world!
  • Paper Mario Color Splash coming this year, no date.
  • Pokken Tournament shown.
  • Early adopters get a shadow mewtwo amiibo card. Launches March 18th. Early Access stream March 18th.
  • Twilight Princess shown for some reason even though it comes out tomorrow...
  • My Nintendo discussed. Playing Apps and buying games earns points. Talks about registration.
  • Mini Mario and Friends free 3DS/WII U game. Amiibo focused. Tap Amiibos to play as various characters. Launches April 28th.
  • New AC Amiibo cards in June.
  • SNES VC for New Nintendo 3DS only (fuck you nitnendo) Coming with Super Mario World, Fzero, and Pilotwings today. Many more coming soon.
  • Horse Jockey 3DS game...? Pocket Card Jockey... launching March.
  • Azure Striker Gunvolt Sequel. Available Summer 2016.
  • Fire Emblem Revelation shown. Releases March 10th. $20 if you have conquest or birthright.
  • Hyrule Warriors legends shown.
  • Hyrule Warrios Legends will have its own season pass, and feature more new content. Purchasing will give you a windwaker Ganon costume, as well as getting a Hyrule Warriors Legends theme for 3DS.
  • Preordering the game at gamestop will get you an artbook.
  • Medli from Wind Waker will be a playable character in the first DLC pack.
  • Disney Art Academy for 3DS. Wee...?
  • Bravley Second Jobs showcased.
  • Upcoming Bravely Second demo.
  • Official Bravely Second Art Book.
  • Game Launches April 15th.
  • Dragon Quest VII showcased.
  • Launches later this year. No date yet
  • Monster Hunter Generations!
  • New Trailer shown
  • Online Co Op with friends!
  • Launching this Summer!
  • Anyone that plays with a MH4 save on the game gets bonus content
  • MH4 on sale for 19.99 today and tomorrow
  • Fire Emblem costumes coming to new Monster Hunter
  • Metroid Prime Federation Force showcased.
  • talking about passion and effort a lot. Trying not to make you any saltier than you already are.
  • Game has been in development since the DSI.
  • The game may be New 3DS exclusive...
  • The game doesnt feature samus at all. Only soldiers from the federation.
  • Random sub weapons given each mission.
  • "Metroid Federation Force is a game that absolutely belongs in the metroid universe." The reach is fucking strong with this game.
  • Story Trailer released. Looks very unimpressive.
  • Releases late spring 2016.
  • Rhythm Heaven Mega Mix for 3DS.
  • Features over 100 new minigames. Launching later this year.
  • New Kirby 3DS Game!
  • Has similarities to Kirby Triple Deluxe
  • MECH SUITS?!?!?!
  • Use robots tech against them and take control of Mech Suits!
  • Team Kirby Clash is a co-op boss mode in the game.
  • Amiibo give abilities in game.
  • New Kirby Amiibo Announced! Kirby, DEDEDE, Metaknight, and WaddleDee!
  • Kirby Planet Robobot coming June 10th.
  • Direct Over.
:arrow: LINK TO STREAM 1
:arrow: LINK TO STREAM 2

HERE WE GO.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A couple of release date for what we already know was coming and should have had release dates years ago (e.g. SMTxFE)
Not even some talk about Zelda U (weak as hell)
Not even specific release dates for DQs (fucking weak)
Trying to justify Armored Wimps: Federation Force.... didn't work for me, still not liking it.
Snes on N3DS... I got a PSP around a decade ago, you know what, SNES worked there quite well.
ETC: Etc...
Nothing new or unexpected, I'm bored.

Disappoint for the masses.

Randomdude0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
N3ds-only snes vc? Federation force is still a thing and still looks like a ds game?? (Loved prime hunters though, was really good) 3ds amiibo based game?
Not excited at all. This direct was mostly dissappointing, welp... At least they talked about MH generations.

RubyCarbuncle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that really stood out was Monster Hunter. Star Fox was all right, too, but still. I was hoping for Zelda stuff, but I guess it'd make sense for them to show that at a later point. (ie A game conference like E3)

For those that play Splatoon that may have been nice too, idk.

Overall, nothing to appealing. So, about what I expect going into any Direct. Low expectations prevented me from being to disappointed yet again. I await the day I'm actually impressed by one of these things.

Last edited by RubyCarbuncle,

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can't wait for horse sex simulator though. :rofl2:
I suppose @Bimmel will be happy about that, not a Pegasus but somewhat near to it.

PS: Fuck gamestop, put your asses to work and update the game listing, I want to preorder Fire Emblem Fates SuperSpecial Edition Europe.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: Bimmel

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I suppose @Bimmel will be happy about that, not a Pegasus but somewhat near to it.

PS: Fuck gamestop, put your asses to work and update the game listing, I want to preorder Fire Emblem Fates SuperSpecial Edition Europe.
It's only the beginning - sodomy in games is just around the corner. "Pegasi love simulator, petting on a new level".

They did take their time for the Fire Emblem release. It's so late - and we get nothing in return. But maybe we get more things.. censored. ;-)

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No ones going to mention the utterly dissapointing Paper Mario game they showed? I went from hype to dissapointed in about a second when I saw that card system, and the Kersti paint can thing. Nintendo is dying. I've been a fan since I can remember but... it just really isn't the same.

Edit: One person is excited.

Reactions: CathyRina

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Am I one of the few persons actually waiting and exciting for the dragon quest games? No wonder why it's so hard to find in Europe nowadays :(

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I one of the few persons actually waiting and exciting for the dragon quest games? No wonder why it's so hard to find in Europe nowadays :(
7 has been out in japan for ages, so everyone has an idea of what they're getting into. A release date is what was really needed. 8 is looking to be a kind of lackluster port so I can see why some people would look past it.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
7 has been out in japan for ages, so everyone has an idea of what they're getting into. A release date is what was really needed. 8 is looking to be a kind of lackluster port so I can see why some people would look past it.
I would really get both of them whenever they release.
I started 8 on my PS2, but for some reason didn't get too far (life I suppose, I was very busy with college and didn't have time to play), later I moved away, etc., my PS2 is 12000Km away from me now, and whatever. Would be glad to start to play it again on 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think