Nintendo Direct Aug. 8 - Roundup - Simon Belmont and King K. Rool join the fight

The next Nintendo Direct is almost here. This time, the focus will purely be on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, to the excitement or dismay of many. A major character reveal will be a likely announcement, and after an accidental video upload earlier today, Castlevania's Simon Belmont might be making an appearance. Isabelle from Animal Crossing and a Gen 7 Pokemon are also heavily rumored to be roster choices who will be announced today, as well. The only way to see if these rumors are true are to stay tuned! The direct starts at 10 am ET, and GBAtemp will be covering the event live. All announcements and trailers will be noted and summarized below.

:arrow: Watch on Twitch
:arrow: Watch on Nintendo's official site

Live Updates

• Simon Belmont confirmed.
  • Richter Belmont as well as an Echo.
  • Slow, but has a long reaching whip. Has the axe, cross, and holy water.
  • Grand cross Final Smash.
  • Dracula's Castle stage. Has monsters from the series as stage hazards.
  • 34 Castlevania tracks will be available.
  • Alucard is an assist trophy.
  • Chrom as an echo of Marth.
  • Dark Samus as an echo of Samus.
  • You'll be able to minimize echo characters appearances on the character select, or expand them.
  • Pokemon Stadium, Flat Zone, Garden of Hope, Brinstar Depths, Summit, Unova League, Magicant, Gamer stages all shown off.
  • New Donk City Hall is a new stage.
  • SSBU will have 103 stages total.
  • You don't have to unlock them.
  • You can turn off stage hazards without playing the Omega Form.
  • New feature will let you change stages mid-battle
  • Over 800 tracks.
  • You can turn on an option for mini final smashes that are built up by a super gauge.
  • Squad Strike Mode. 3v3 or 5v5, where you use 3/5 different characters to fight.
  • Tournament mode for up to 32.
  • Smash Down mode, which removes the roster as you select them, until there's no characters left to choose.
  • Practice mode shows your trajectory of attacks to show you how far you can launch enemies.
  • Classic Mode is back.
  • New items. Banana-gun. Killing edge. Bomber.Ramblin Mushroom. Rage Blaster.
  • Abra, Lunala, Mimikyu, Pyukmuku, Vulpix, Marshadow, Ditto as new Pokemon
  • Assist trophies: Zero, Knuckles, Krystal, Klaptrap, Kapp'n, Gray Fox, Nikki, Shovel Knight
  • Rathalos stage boss or assist trophy.
  • Mysterious mode that can't be announced yet...
7sCUIs5.png

Final reveal is...

King K. Rool!

A limited edition version of the game will also be available.

uU1v252.png

wbFyg2k.png QTueXSx.jpg

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shadow still not showing up anywhere. Totally expecting echo fighter haha.
And Isabella.

Great Direct, better than E3's actually. And we basically have some confirmation that there's gonna be a single player mode, we just don't know how big yet. I feel that with many "non actual footage" videos from the belmont a Subspace Emissary sort of story mode is more likely too. Same with Zero Suit Samus showing up at the end of Ridley's trailer.

Questions that remain: Smash Run? Break the Targets?

Last edited by deinonychus71,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shadow still not showing up anywhere. Totally expecting echo fighter haha.
And Isabella.

Great Direct, better than E3's actually. And we basically have some confirmation that there's gonna be a single player mode, we just don't know how big yet.

Questions that remain: Smash Run? Break the Targets?
So that's what that censored icon was, maybe.

I thought it was 34 Castlevania tracks? Either way, that was very cool.

It is, might want to let Chary know.

@Chary, it's indeed 34 tracks, just a correction

Reactions: Windaga

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wished people would stop obsessing over Waluigi, he's overrated AF. Asshole trolls were spamming Sakurai and begging him for Waluigi, he's anathema.
He would complete the duality that is him and Wario, though. Plus his... Unique body type would make for a rather interesting moveset

Honestly I'm only interested in him for the meme of it, but I know some people would would be genuinely excited to have him playable

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poke floats? :( Also, yey Fountain of Dreams is back! It's one of my fav stages. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I hope we just get a crap ton of echo fighters as DLC. I could totally see Ken over Ryu, Zack over Cloud, Ms. Pacman over Pacman, etc.
Miss Pac Man sounds like she could just be an alt costume of Pac Man, like Captain Olimar.

Reactions: Windaga

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He would complete the duality that is him and Wario, though. Plus his... Unique body type would make for a rather interesting moveset

Honestly I'm only interested in him for the meme of it, but I know some people would would be genuinely excited to have him playable

I'm just sick of the people literally losing their minds and spamming Sakurai's Twitter over this ad infinitum. I personally couldn't care less about his inclusion TBH.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: