Nintendo Direct Aug. 8 - Roundup - Simon Belmont and King K. Rool join the fight

The next Nintendo Direct is almost here. This time, the focus will purely be on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, to the excitement or dismay of many. A major character reveal will be a likely announcement, and after an accidental video upload earlier today, Castlevania's Simon Belmont might be making an appearance. Isabelle from Animal Crossing and a Gen 7 Pokemon are also heavily rumored to be roster choices who will be announced today, as well. The only way to see if these rumors are true are to stay tuned! The direct starts at 10 am ET, and GBAtemp will be covering the event live. All announcements and trailers will be noted and summarized below.

:arrow: Watch on Twitch
:arrow: Watch on Nintendo's official site

Live Updates

• Simon Belmont confirmed.
  • Richter Belmont as well as an Echo.
  • Slow, but has a long reaching whip. Has the axe, cross, and holy water.
  • Grand cross Final Smash.
  • Dracula's Castle stage. Has monsters from the series as stage hazards.
  • 34 Castlevania tracks will be available.
  • Alucard is an assist trophy.
  • Chrom as an echo of Marth.
  • Dark Samus as an echo of Samus.
  • You'll be able to minimize echo characters appearances on the character select, or expand them.
  • Pokemon Stadium, Flat Zone, Garden of Hope, Brinstar Depths, Summit, Unova League, Magicant, Gamer stages all shown off.
  • New Donk City Hall is a new stage.
  • SSBU will have 103 stages total.
  • You don't have to unlock them.
  • You can turn off stage hazards without playing the Omega Form.
  • New feature will let you change stages mid-battle
  • Over 800 tracks.
  • You can turn on an option for mini final smashes that are built up by a super gauge.
  • Squad Strike Mode. 3v3 or 5v5, where you use 3/5 different characters to fight.
  • Tournament mode for up to 32.
  • Smash Down mode, which removes the roster as you select them, until there's no characters left to choose.
  • Practice mode shows your trajectory of attacks to show you how far you can launch enemies.
  • Classic Mode is back.
  • New items. Banana-gun. Killing edge. Bomber.Ramblin Mushroom. Rage Blaster.
  • Abra, Lunala, Mimikyu, Pyukmuku, Vulpix, Marshadow, Ditto as new Pokemon
  • Assist trophies: Zero, Knuckles, Krystal, Klaptrap, Kapp'n, Gray Fox, Nikki, Shovel Knight
  • Rathalos stage boss or assist trophy.
  • Mysterious mode that can't be announced yet...
7sCUIs5.png

Final reveal is...

King K. Rool!

A limited edition version of the game will also be available.

uU1v252.png

wbFyg2k.png QTueXSx.jpg

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its like buying a mario game and saying you only like gombas lol, heck i would never buy i gave that i only like 3% of the stuff in it :P
if they enjoy the gameplay and have fun playing through it then it shouldn't matter whether they like the characters or not lol

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
if they enjoy the gameplay and have fun playing through it then it shouldn't matter whether they like the characters or not lol
i dont think anyone could enjoy a game where you dislike the characters imo, gameplay alone is just part of a game, its very hard to enjoy a game where you think every character is unlikable imo.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think anyone could enjoy a game where you dislike the characters imo, gameplay alone is just part of a game, its very hard to enjoy a game where you think every character is unlikable imo.
There's a reason why said imo, because not everyone shares your opinion lol. Like I said, it really doesn't matter if someone enjoys the gameplay but not the characters, if they have fun doing that then let just let them enjoy the gameplay, and if that really bothers you that some people can enjoy the gameplay but not the characters then you really need to get your priorities straight lol

Last edited by Eddypikachu,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There's a reason why said imo, because not everyone shares your opinion lol. Like I said, it really doesn't matter if someone enjoys the gameplay but not the characters, if they have fun doing that then let just let them enjoy the gameplay, and if that really bothers you that some people can enjoy the gameplay but not the characters then you really need to get your priorities straight lol
i also said imo incase you didnt read lol.

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When SSBU was first revealed you had tons of people calling it a port, even the original topic here had several people within a few pages stating that opinion.

Now however most of those people are either hyped themselves or just gone silent because they know that they were wrong and are too stubborn to admit it.

Absolutely hilarious by the way.

Can't wait to see what that mystery mode is however.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

AT-LOWDeSu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol what fighters do you wanted to get?

i dont know if he is a roy echo, i mean he seems to have all ikes specials really what does he have that is roys?

Normals. His Neutral Air's the same, his Fair's the same, his side B is the same.. pretty much everything else.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like a lot of people will like the "Smash Meter" over the Smash ball.

Glad there weren't any real new FE characters *whew*
We have some time before release, let alone after, for a new FE character to come.

if they continue the villain trend, I'd actually like to see Captain Syrup added.
Wouldn't mind Doctor Eggman.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Normals. His Neutral Air's the same, his Fair's the same, his side B is the same.. pretty much everything else.
acording to smash website chrom is officialy roys echo, so echos can be mixed like he has ike up special and FS and maybe something else too.

AT-LOWDeSu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we get another Fire Emblem character, I just ask for Alm/Celica or a character from Fire Emblem Three Houses.

But i'd gladly take a different sword/magic user, like someone from Tokyo Mirage Sessions or Shin Megami Tensei ;)))

(I mean, both are basically nintendo exclusives!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?