Gaming Nintendo Direct 3DS 17th April

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well there is one thing that i dont like about this zelda. it looks way too much like harvest moon.

i mean really, look at it. the cut trees look just like HM. (not to mention that for some reason, all hacked trees are only half as big in diameter as the unhacked trees seem to be. if you want the wood, wouldnt you go for the big ones?)

also, i feel like the camera is way too much zoomed into link. i mean, now we've got a large screen, and we still can only see about 6 squares to the left or to the right of link. why am i not seeing more of the surroundings now? on a bigger screen with better resolution?

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well there is one thing that i dont like about this zelda. it looks way too much like harvest moon.

i mean really, look at it. the cut trees look just like HM. (not to mention that for some reason, all hacked trees are only half as big in diameter as the unhacked trees seem to be. if you want the wood, wouldnt you go for the big ones?)

also, i feel like the camera is way too much zoomed into link. i mean, now we've got a large screen, and we still can only see about 6 squares to the left or to the right of link. why am i not seeing more of the surroundings now? on a bigger screen with better resolution?
The screens resolution is still pretty crap, maybe there's adjustable camera views..

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hmmm, I don't know about that Zelda game... I might skip this one.

I think Top-Down Zelda games ought to be an eShop game, rather than a full-fledged title. Additionally, I was hoping for an original Zelda that wouldn't use 3D as a gimmick, rather to add visual depth instead of the literal, 3D kind.

Ah well, at least we still have Ocarina on 3DS and maybe Majora in the future.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, I don't know about that Zelda game... I might skip this one.

I think Top-Down Zelda games ought to be an eShop game, rather than a full-fledged title. Additionally, I was hoping for an original Zelda that wouldn't use 3D as a gimmick, rather to add visual depth instead of the literal, 3D kind.
Why should top down automatically get eShop status? It not like they took the old game and made
it a 3d classic. It's a whole new game.

I'm pretty sure it has both depth and 3d.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a 2 min demo of the game, we have yet to even experience the levels of depth and awesomeness of the game.
I still can't fathom how just because its a top down game, it deserves eshop status.
You want it from the eshop, you can buy it. At retail >:3

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Mario & Luigi title: kinda wary, after not being able to stomach most of Bowsers Inside Story (HAW HAW HAW GET IT?)
DKCR3D, I played the Wii version, but theres enough content and my own will to replay the game, ill get it again.
Yoshi's Island, instabuy.
New Zelda in the LTTP universe? My pants are suddenly like 5 sizes too small for the amount of boner i have.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why should top down automatically get eShop status? It not like they took the old game and made
it a 3d classic. It's a whole new game.

I'm pretty sure it has both depth and 3d.

Yeah, I know it's an original game. So's Pushmo/Pullblox, Dillon's Rolling Western, etc. In its current state, this Zelda looks like any standard eShop game.

Top-Down Zeldas are great games, sure, but they tend to be on a smaller scale than games like Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. I'm not saying that this game is a bad idea (so nobody flame me alright?), but I'd rather this one be more of a side project such as an eShop title, especially when we know what the 3DS could handle much more.

It's not the Zelda I was expecting for 3DS, that's all. So for now, I'm just going to wait for the next one.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Yoshi's Island announcement blind sided me completely. After the DS title, I went back to the original (well the GBA one) and played till i got EVERYTHING. Im so pumped about a new one.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
There's actually an interview somewhere that explained SJ was going to be a numbered title (IV) but they changed it because it wasn't based in Japan like all of the rest.
Just an interesting fact. :P
Didn't Iwata mentioned that IV was going to have a europe setting?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm so excited about the new Zelda. I wasn't expecting them to announce anything involving that franchise <3
So am I! And I just finished my first playthrough ever of A Link to the Past a couple months ago (it's already in my top three favorite Zeldas), so this is just perfect!

Now, I just need to play the "Game Boy Trilogy" (Link's Awakening and the Oracle games) before this comes out!

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's still Japan, but the areas feel like european settings. There are samurai and such. I'm not too sure though. I can't imagine a mainline SMT game outside of Japan...
Most of the gameplay footage seem to take place in Japanese rural areas, looked it up and seems like it begins in a medieval Europe type of setting at least.
You're the sensei so you're probably right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi