Nintendo Direct Mini announced for later today

Cwgl28g.png

The rumors were real! A Nintendo Direct is on the way, in miniature form. The very first Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase will be airing on July 20th, set to show titles that Nintendo has in the works. It'll focus on "updates on a small group of previously announced Nintendo Switch games", from Nintendo's development and publishing partners, likely standing in for what would have been this year's E3 Direct, just scaled back slightly. The Direct Mini will air at 3pm UK time or at 7am PT. Be sure to catch the broadcast, or if you can't, check back here to see what Nintendo reveals.

On 7/20 we'll debut the first #NintendoDirect Mini: Partner Showcase, a series focused on titles from our development & publishing partners. We'll share a few updates on a small group of previously-announced #NintendoSwitch games. Check out the full video release at 7am PT.

:arrow: Source

HeartfeltDesu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
beyondchristie.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you guys not read the tweet?

This is a "Partners" direct meaning no first-party games. No Mario. No Zelda.

Focusing on something doesn't mean it's exclusively for that thing. There's some minor chance of first-party content.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also if this is from partners, feels more like it'll be second-party content.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Focusing on something doesn't mean it's exclusively for that thing. There's some minor chance of first-party content.
We are talking about Nintendo. When they say, for example, that "no new fighter would be introduced on tomorrow's direct" it's cause no new fighter would be introduced on tomorrow's direct. When they tell us that they are gonna do a Direct for third-party titles, is cause they are gonna do a Direct for third-party. That means no first-party content.
We are gonna have to wait for another update for that.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Did you guys not read the tweet?

This is a "Partners" direct meaning no first-party games. No Mario. No Zelda.
Technically every game I listed is still on the table then, save perhaps New Pokemon Snap if Game Freak isn't considered a "partner."

I still believe Nintendo is keeping everything close to the chest for a little longer. I think they will have a big direct come the fall to help combat the PS5 and XBSX.
I think the only announcement at that point which could possibly take any wind out of Sony's/MS' sails is Switch Pro. Short of that, Nintendo needs games actually releasing for the holiday season, not just game trailers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8