Nintendo Didn’t Expect 3DS Sales to Drop Like This

Makar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember that thread that said we were the reason for high prices? Saying that we would buy their hardware even if the price is high? I guess we proved them wrong....

I mean, I haven't got a 3DS yet because I'm waiting for a price drop.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
What?

An overpriced handheld with a shoddy build quality that feels half finished had a tremendous drop in sales? Who would have thought it?
[/sarcasm]

D

Deleted User

Warrior522 said:
WiiBricker said:
The only actuall game that is a must-buy in my opinion is Street Figher IV 3D. Then again, it's not from Nintendo though Nintendo is the publisher of this game in europe.

It is a truly sad day when you rely on CAPCOM to sell your shit... Nice work, Nintendo...
This.
Also after playing SFIV I really don't think the 3DS is up to the task. Quality wise the 3DS seems a little cheap to me. I'm afraid I'll break it doing some of the charge moves.

Kaimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Why they think it's slow sales for 3DS? It's quite good for the weak launching titles and considering the fact that it happens about the same time with iPad2 in US and Europe. I think it's not overpriced. People still buy iPad for 500US$ and don't say it is overpriced. Why wouldn't they get Nintendo 3DS for 250US$?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lies. They knew this would happen if they didn't release a good first-party game on launch day. I hope they never do this again, especially with the Wii 2.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Kaimu said:
Why they think it's slow sales for 3DS? It's quite good for the weak launching titles and considering the fact that it happens about the same time with iPad2 in US and Europe. I think it's not overpriced. People still buy iPad for 500US$ and don't say it is overpriced. Why wouldn't they get Nintendo 3DS for 250US$?

The iPad offers extensive, improved content. For half the price, you can get a system with one game that actually has replayability and only about 1/4th of its promised features.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warrior522 said:
WiiBricker said:
The only actuall game that is a must-buy in my opinion is Street Figher IV 3D. Then again, it's not from Nintendo though Nintendo is the publisher of this game in europe.

It is a truly sad day when you rely on CAPCOM to sell your shit... Nice work, Nintendo...
What's wrong with CAPCOM? They made Phoenix Wright and Megaman so I have no complaints...

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Rydian said:
MAYBE IF THEY RELEASED IT WITH GAMES PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANTED, PEOPLE WOULD BUY IT!

srsly Nintendo. Don't pull a Sony on us.

Didn't you know? It's obvious that Nintendo's main goal to release a paperweight capable of glasses free 3D. Playing games is only a secondary feature.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well the reason for 3DS sales going down is because the most hype is during launch, hardly any games...
The sales will go rise again when the 3DS gets the big update and OoT. Paper Mario and all that

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless of if we had a huge launch title like OoT, there would still be a drop in sales after the initial hype wears down. I'm sure Nintendo expected the drop but just maybe not such a drastic one. They also know that sales will go up with the release of the big name games and the launch of the eshop as well.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makar said:
Remember that thread that said we were the reason for high prices? Saying that we would buy their hardware even if the price is high? I guess we proved them wrong....

um... they didn't say that, someone over exaggerated what they was saying.

Nathan Drake said:
QUOTE(Kaimu @ Apr 26 2011, 07:12 PM) Why they think it's slow sales for 3DS? It's quite good for the weak launching titles and considering the fact that it happens about the same time with iPad2 in US and Europe. I think it's not overpriced. People still buy iPad for 500US$ and don't say it is overpriced. Why wouldn't they get Nintendo 3DS for 250US$?

The iPad offers extensive, improved content. For half the price, you can get a system with one game that actually has replayability and only about 1/4th of its promised features.
3DS just came out and there like only one month. Stop being such a drama queen.

rofl.gif

They could pull a Sony. HD graphics/screen, hi-res cameras and what not(price completely jack up) , but then that still would be complain on.
laugh.gif

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
Makar said:

Nathan Drake said:
QUOTE(Kaimu @ Apr 26 2011, 07:12 PM) Why they think it's slow sales for 3DS? It's quite good for the weak launching titles and considering the fact that it happens about the same time with iPad2 in US and Europe. I think it's not overpriced. People still buy iPad for 500US$ and don't say it is overpriced. Why wouldn't they get Nintendo 3DS for 250US$?

rofl.gif

Nothing has been proved except that the 3DS came out too early. It came out before all of it's final features were ready and with what I feel to be an even more abysmal launch line up than what was on the Original DS. The point made was that the iPad 2 actually boasts a large list of features to justify the price, where as the 3DS has yet to justify the $250 price tag.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
KingVamp said:
Makar said:

Nathan Drake said:

rofl.gif

Nothing has been proved except that the 3DS came out too early. It came out before all of it's final features were ready and with what I feel to be an even more abysmal launch line up than what was on the Original DS. The point made was that the iPad 2 actually boasts a large list of features to justify the price, where as the 3DS has yet to justify the $250 price tag.

Isn't the iPad 2 basically like the iPad, except it is faster, has more memory, 2 cameras, a gyroscope, and is thinner and lighter? Much of the improvements I see is basically what I see the 3DS has over the DS/DSi as well. Not exact, but still.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
KingVamp said:
Makar said:

Nathan Drake said:

rofl.gif

Actually that hasn't been proven.

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Makar said:

They said because of the high interest of the 3DS at E3 and so on, they decided to put it at that price. So that means the public decided how much the 3DS cost and why the 3DS cost this much right now.

So for the next Nintendo console, remember, put your poker face on so it can cost a dollar.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna admit it, I didn't buy a 3DS yet because of the launch titles, I'm sure there are a lot more people who
have the same reason as I do. I do attend to buy once once E3 rolls around.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Rydian said:
MAYBE IF THEY RELEASED IT WITH GAMES PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANTED, PEOPLE WOULD BUY IT!

srsly Nintendo. Don't pull a Sony on us.
This. IMO, there are no really decent release titles. When the big N starts releasing better first-party titles like Pokemon, Mario and Zelda (That people actually want), sales will pick up. Sales will rise too if the price is dropped. But seeing as it was only just released, I don't see the price being dropped anytime soon. Plus, shipping costs are high because of the cost of gas and diesel. So the price may rise, if not staying the same to compensate for shipping costs. But I severely doubt that will happen.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feels Good Man said:
Makar said:

They said because of the high interest of the 3DS at E3 and so on, they decided to put it at that price. So that means the public decided how much the 3DS cost and why the 3DS cost this much right now.

So for the next Nintendo console, remember, put your poker face on so it can cost a dollar.

They didn't, someone over exaggerated what they said.

Do you really think they pulled a Apple and said "Look at the reactions... $250 it is!"? No they price it within reason.

Nathan Drake said:
QUOTE(machomuu @ Apr 26 2011, 07:56 PM)
Actually that hasn't been proven.

The system proved that itself. A overall shoddy build quality with many features missing perfectly indicates a release that was too early.
Your really calling it shoddy because of one design flaw? Really?

There some people who actually like some of the games and like messing with their 3DS without having to wait any longer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30