Gaming Nintendo Confirms Wii U Has Flopped, Slashes Sales Forecast By ~70%

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
but Nintendo has the rights, they should tell him to fuck off. Do you think Sony or MS will allow someone to stop them making money?
well thats the difference between sony/ms and Nintendo.
Nintendo respects their Staff and cause of this the staff tends to make better game.

TheLostSabre

Naberius the Nauseous
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In response to your second question, probably not.

And true, I do agree that Nintendo has rights to the series but they are dealing with a highly respectable writer and chose to respect his wishes to not continue the series. And I don't know about you but I certainly do not want to have a game when the author isn't motivated, much less inspired, to continue the series. MGS4 taught me well enough that when an author don't have the inspiration to write, you leave him well alone.

Neither do place my trust on anyone else who can't tell a simple, yet compelling story centered on modern theme depicted previously in the 3 Mother titles that isn't held back by meaningless fetishes that has nothing to add to the story.

Believe me, I love to see another Mother title as much as you but only if the quality can stand with the rest of the series.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo respects their Staff and cause of this the staff tends to make better game.

MS has some fairly legendary "you finished the project, be on this jumbo jet on Tuesday" type arrangements, granted most of the ones you hear about are for their non game divisions. Also they led Bungie stop making Halo and do something else.

I do not know about Sony but general it is far from unheard of for big companies staffed with people with skills will to like that happen.

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reality to Iwata:

the.architect.wii.u.sales.jpg

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
News for the Wii U on the latest Nintendo Direct.

2 new games.

Shovel Knight.

wii-u-shovel-knight-yacht-club-games-jpg.6394

1001 Spikes

wii-u-1001-spikes-nicalis-jpg.6395

/Ouch

I see Shovel Knight was Kickstarter funded and is also coming out for 3DS (as it should).
So it isn't even a Wii U exclusive.
OUCH.

shovel.knight.kickstarter.jpg

[More]

And 1001 spikes is coming out for 3DS as well.

So 2-2 = 0 new games for the Wii U.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So if the PSbone amounts to cut down PC it seems the Wii U is cut down indie games for the PC.

I do not know where I am going to find one around midnight but I will have to try.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
News for the Wii U on the latest Nintendo Direct.

2 new games.

Shovel Knight.

1001 Spikes

/Ouch

I see Shovel Knight was Kickstarter funded and is also coming out for 3DS (as it should).
So it isn't even a Wii U exclusive.
OUCH.

View attachment 6396

And 1001 spikes is coming out for 3DS as well.

So 2-2 = 0 new games for the Wii U.

Hahaha! Wowee!

Please hear me out. I really don't wanna sound mean, but that is one very obvious attempt to twist things around to make the Wii U seem more bleak than they are.

I mean, yeah, the Wii U isn't doing so hot (by any stretch of the imagination), but it seems like you worded things the way you did in order to give the impression that there's nothing coming to Wii U at all. Come now, that's very underhanded, and just silly! :P

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
I am talking about the latest Nintendo Direct.
There was a boat load of new 3DS games announced.

Nintendo announced 2 new titles for the Wii U.
But failed to mention they are also coming out for the 3DS.
That's what is silly.

Do you see the words 3DS on this image ?

I gotcha, and I understand that the Wii U could definitely benefit from more exclusives. But heck, would you rather the games not be available for Wii U at all? Even if the games are also available for 3DS, having them on Wii U it certainly doesn't hurt. :P\

Also, the bone I was picking had more to do with the fact that you were making it seem like the Wii U had absolutely nothing in the pipeline. "Zero new games," you said, when Mario Kart 8 is releasing in May (the end of May, elbeit :'D), and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is releasing in a little over a week :P To say nothing of Smash Bros.' release date sometime(?!) this year.

Don't get me wrong, the Wii U's future releases are spread very, very thin, but to say that it has "zero new games" is very... well, "sensationalist", I guess you could say. :P

Essentially, "cheer up" is what I'm saying. :P The Wii U is definitely bleak, but let's not make the situation seem even worse! Take it easy!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lolnope.

This whole "Nintendo makes better games though" argument doesn't hold up because A) they don't and B) it doesn't even matter.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That argument might works with Valve, but Nintendo? Nope.

Nintendo produce a lot of good games thanks to Shigeru Miyamoto. Which begs the question, just how they'll manage when he retires? Shigeru Miyamoto did announce that he is planning for his retirement.

And while Nintendo produces good first party game, its sales has been declining each year. This is a trend; it shows that these games are losing appeals to mass market.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, No idea, Wish.com is dead.