CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
No big news sites reported anything until now.. I'm calling it fake.

VC games are quite profitable for Nintendo, they are very cheap to produce and the sales are not bad last I've heard. In fact, I bought 2 N64 games on VC.. and they were both more expensive than most of my WiiWare games
tongue.gif

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This makes no sense due to lots of good games such as earthbound,smash bros,ect not released yet and besides it's not like it takes much work to make a vc game. And thats a big fat lie about wiiware games being way more sucsessful than vc

Fakie!

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Even though this may be false news, I'm really pissed off because of the decisions Nintendo has and is taking in the last years. Every move they make seems to be the complete opposite of what the fans (I don't mean fanboys) want.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vidboy10 said:
dinofan01 said:
You do realize this is most likely fake. You honestly expect some random Nintendo rep to first of all know that info and secondly tell it to some random person who asked? Don't say Nintendo is closing the doors on the VC. Its incredibly misleading since the "original quote" doesn't even say that. It said steer in the direction of Wiiware not stop updating the VC.

Do you have the original source? If thats it, theres not a chance in hell this being true.
If a site like IGN or Kotaku pops up on this ill change it.
Also Sephi Reported this so don't blame me.

@the person that said "ORANGECHiCKEN has already made VC injects for for GB Games": Can we also inject GBA games as well?

EDIT: @dinofan1: Sephi is a trusted guy! And he's a GBATemp IRC staff member, I think he wouldn't post some fake stuff in the IRC.
Sephi can also be a complete tard on IRC so I dunno. I wouldn't buy this crap for a minute, Nintendo would piss off a lot of fans if they ditched the Virtual Console seeing as how there are loads of great games to still be released that people would want to play. I can understand if they are changing gears to focus on providing some DSi Virtual Console games with old Gameboy titles for a little while, but the notion that they are completely abandoning the Wii VC is foolish. I would personally like to see NES, Genesis and SNES games on the DSi VC as well as the Wii and being able to purchase them once on your Wii would allow DSi owners to download the game off the console without having to pay for a game twice.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RockmanForte said:
I am not sad. I am happy because VC games are a waste time. They should reversion those games with improvement graphic and new addition that was never released in previously versions. Now, they are focus on wiiware which is a wise things to do.
WTB complete grammar overhaul pl0x
lecture.gif

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You guys seem to be missing the fact that it never said that Nintendo would abandon the VC, but rather, that they would focus more on WiiWare. Abandoning and shifting focus are two entirely different things.

Knarf

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Pull the plug on VC? No. But I do think instead of releasing random NES/SNES/Genesis games Nintendo should get smart with the games they release. Nintendo needs to release more N64 games, such as Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Donkey kong 64, and more. The reason sales are going down, is because the quality of games released is going down. Just my own personal preference.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why do they think they don't get the VC games sold -.-V

When i first buyed the Wii it was only because of VC and because there were several rumors about some Free VC games, but when i had my wii and no free VC i was like omg -.-V well ok than i will just buy the good ones and done, than i saw "1000 wii points hmm .... 1€? would be cheap ... .... 10€ wtf ! are they insane or something?" and with this the topic VC games was done for me.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lol as would anybody here really pay for it and honestly everywhere i look only complaining about that shit and then other shit.
Just sell you wii´s and you all will be fine

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I saw on the news last night that Nintendo recorded a net loss of 61% for the quarter because sales of the Wii have pretty much just dropped off now that everyone knows it's a fad and waste of time. Can't say I don't blame people for not wanting to buy it, the amount of games for it that aren't shovelware is slim pickings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-