Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SixtySixHundred said:
nomercy said:
SixtySixHundred said:
nomercy said:
so how long do you guys think before a fix? days or we talking weeks?

All part of the fun... Potentially you could be waiting forever!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! not forever

I doubt it will be forever, especially for the DSTWO, but some of the other, more outdated carts could never get fixed. You may find buying a new cart is the only solution.

I also wouldn't advise rushing to Shoptemp to buy a new cart as next week, Nintendo could release 1.4.2 and block the remaining carts.

Sorry to sound pessimistic, just being a bit realistic.

well I guess you got a point but I will made a mistake not checking gbatemp in the first place so I won't update anymore
I do not use the DSi shop anyways

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
nomercy said:
SixtySixHundred said:
nomercy said:

well this is bad news for me I can not play pokemon white I pre-ordered it....
wait ohh I forgot the dsi has region lock
frown.gif

If you pre-ordered it, it's a retail cart... What difference does it make? The update blocks flashcarts, not retail games!

QUOTE(nomercy @ Sep 8 2010, 09:47 PM)
well I guess you got a point but I will made a mistake not checking gbatemp in the first place so I won't update anymore
I do not use the DSi shop anyways

You live, you learn. I'm sorry for your temporary loss of DSi flashcartiness.

nomercy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SixtySixHundred said:
nomercy said:
SixtySixHundred said:
nomercy said:

frown.gif

If you pre-ordered it, it's a retail cart... WTF difference does it make? The update blocks flashcarts, not retail games!

well first of all DSi U has region block japanese games do not work on it!

Pazuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SixtySixHundred said:
nomercy said:
SixtySixHundred said:
nomercy said:

frown.gif

If you pre-ordered it, it's a retail cart... WTF difference does it make? The update blocks flashcarts, not retail games!

Pokemon BW are DSi enhanced, so they're region locked if you use a retail cart in your non-Japanese DSi.

This region-locking id DSi-specific and doesn't affect DSes, and by extension DS mode as used by flashcards.

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
nomercy said:
SixtySixHundred said:
nomercy said:
SixtySixHundred said:
nomercy said:

frown.gif

well first of all DSi U has region block japanese games do not work on it!

Err, and?

It would be region locked with or without this update so more fool you for buying a foreign game knowing it wouldn't work...

Irock23

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Coolman3428.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
DarthTheufel said:
Actually the iPlayer is used for GBA emulation mainly.

GBA = piracy.

And the problem is that the iPlayer-Team (obvioulsy connected to Team Supercard) isn't supporting the card anymore. Nobody knows if we'll ever see an update for the iPlayer now. Same with DSTTi.
Though you can't prove the iPlayer Team/SuperCard Team made the emulator as it was supposedly made by someone called "Darkchen," The iPlayer was just made to play movies so you can't really say they did any piracy helping until you prove they made the GBA emulator.

pikachu945

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so guys I got a question for you before I up and buy a EZ-Flash Vi does it have good compatibility and still receive updates?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SixtySixHundred said:
I also wouldn't advise rushing to Shoptemp to buy a new cart as next week, Nintendo could release 1.4.2 and block the remaining carts.

Remember, it only blocks flashcarts if people install the firmware update. Because of the 1.4.1 update blocking flashcarts, I imagine n00bs would be much more cautious about updating to 1.4.2.

Besides, I can't see Nintendo releasing another update while this update still blocks flashcarts. Pokemon Black/ White, Professor Layton are going to be cash cows for them. If most flashcarts are blocked for atleast a week or two after their release, then I imagine Nintendo will be happy. After that their focus will probably shift to the 3DS. You also have many carts which will never get a firmware update and a few other teams who are fairly inactive.

I still think it was a big mistake not to block the EZ-Flash Vi, to me that's a big slip up. You could see a ton of new R4i clones based on the EZ-Flash Vi.

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
I still think it was a big mistake not to block the EZ-Flash Vi, to me that's a big slip up. You could see a ton of new R4i clones based on the EZ-Flash Vi.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking...

Wasn't one of the R4 clones the 1st to get a 1.4 compatible update? R4i Gold or something?

pikachu945

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tk_saturn said:
SixtySixHundred said:

Remember, it only blocks flashcarts if people install the firmware update. Because of the 1.4.1 update blocking flashcarts, I imagine n00bs would be much more cautious about updating to 1.4.2.

Besides, I can't see Nintendo releasing another update will this update still blocks flashcarts. Pokemon Black/ White, Professor Layton are going to be cash cows for them. If most flashcarts are blocked for atleast a week or two after their release, then I imagine Nintendo will be happy. After that their focus will probably shift to the 3DS. You also have many carts which will never get a firmware update and a few other teams who are fairly inactive.

no more clones!!! I think 300+ is enough lol

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Irock23 said:
DarthTheufel said:
Actually the iPlayer is used for GBA emulation mainly.

GBA = piracy.

And the problem is that the iPlayer-Team (obvioulsy connected to Team Supercard) isn't supporting the card anymore. Nobody knows if we'll ever see an update for the iPlayer now. Same with DSTTi.
Though you can't prove the iPlayer Team/SuperCard Team made the emulator as it was supposedly made by someone called "Darkchen," The iPlayer was just made to play movies so you can't really say they did any piracy helping until you prove they made the GBA emulator.
The posts "DarkChen" made here in very broken English showed it was a rouse quite clearly IMHO. It was quite obviously be the SuperCard Team (i.e. iPlayer Team), using the official iPlayer SDK.

dragonjud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The EZ-Flash vi is not a bad card. I own a few cards, and out of them I would rate them as follows as far as speed of updates (best to worse as far as speed of updates):

1. Acekard 2i
2. CycloDS & DSTwo
3. EzVi
4. Itouch 2

The updates do come, but sometimes they miss a few regressions. The skins are nice, and the cheat files are the general ones supported by the other cards as well. You will not see updates for all the little game releases, but they tend to get on the ball with the major releases.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pikachu945 said:
so guys I got a question for you before I up and buy a EZ-Flash Vi does it have good compatibility and still receive updates?

The official team are active and pushing out updates, but I believe there's no 3rd party kernal to fall back on.

Fast did a decent review recently here.

I gather the EZ-Flash Vi isn't the best cart in any specific area, but overall is pretty decent value as it has RTS but isn't much more expensive than the Acekard 2i.

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
tk_saturn said:

I think that this was just an error. Code got lost and forgotten. I can't see any other explanation for this.

Or they're indeed planning another update in three month to kill all EZ-based "R4 Platinum Deluxe"...

@pikachu945: Yes, maybee. It took month to get an update for DSTTi, we didn't even know that the good old DSTTi was able to update! And we don't know who did that last year, maybe that was in fact a DSTT-fan.

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
DarthTheufel said:
tk_saturn said:

I think that this was just an error. Code got lost and forgotten. I can't see any other explanation for this.

Or they're indeed planning another update in three month to kill all EZ-based "R4 Platinum Deluxe"...

And Nintendo are temporarily allowing them to lull us into a false sense of security, then hit everyone with a universal cart block!

That would be quite an expensive message to send to flashcart manufacturers...

MBison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So little confused about this.. I assume it won't auto update unless you tell it to, right? So all previous releases for my Acekard 2i are fine, I just can't update the firmware.

And I assume that future releases are going to require this firmware, so that's the rub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma.