Nintendo was doing maintenance on the DSi Shop and Wii Shop

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SixtySixHundred said:
And Nintendo are temporarily allowing them to lull us into a false sense of security, then hit everyone with a universal cart block!

That would be quite an expensive message to send to flashcart manufacturers...
What I would have done if I were Nintendo was release an update which didn't block flashcarts but added some minor feature like customizing the homescreen colours. Sites like this would report that the update was safe. Then a few hours later, release another update which would block flashcarts and people would update to it thinking it was the first update.

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
SixtySixHundred said:
And Nintendo are temporarily allowing them to lull us into a false sense of security, then hit everyone with a universal cart block!

What I would have done if I were Nintendo was release an update which didn't block flashcarts but added some minor feature like customizing the homescreen colours. Sites like this would report that the update was safe. Then a few hours later, release another update which would block flashcarts and people would update to it thinking it was the first update.

Thank f*ck you don't work for Nintendo.... Or do you?

biggrin.gif

pikachu945

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tk_saturn said:
SixtySixHundred said:

I agree that's way the DSi is pointless

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
From what I've heard, Nintendo basically have to do very extensive testing to make absolutely sure that they don't brick any systems.
You know, even though they HAVE bricked wiis through attempts to stop the homebrew scene.

So basically, with their attempts to stop the piracy, they have to be very, very careful so they can't just throw out these updates all the time.

pikachu945

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RupeeClock said:
tk_saturn said:
From what I've heard, Nintendo basically have to do very extensive testing to make absolutely sure that they don't brick any systems.
You know, even though they HAVE bricked wiis through attempts to stop the homebrew scene.

So basically, with their attempts to stop the piracy, they have to be very, very careful so they can't just throw out these updates all the time.

well I guess all of us who updated to 1.4.1 learned today CHECK GBATEMP FIRST!!!!!

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
pikachu945 said:
well I guess all of us who updated to 1.4.1 learned today CHECK GBATEMP FIRST!!!!!

I do anyway. Not for news about updates, but to giggle at all the quick-to-update no0bs who have yet to learn to read up on stuff first...

Other people's misery makes my life seem better!
laugh.gif

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
I hoping the M3 Team is going to right into this problem quickly because they are very slow when they are planning a fix for an update like when they did the 1.4 fix. However, the are really good in what they do so in my opinion I stay with my M3i Zero because it absolutely awesome and they have regular updates so that's great for me.

Loki7777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think that Acekard 2i users hope is in Akaio team (so good that i didn't tested new update
smile.gif
)

Keep fingers crossed
wink.gif
yaynds.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
Is the list of blocked and unblocked flash carts on the first post up-to-date?
I believe it is. Basically all carts expect the EZ-Flash Vi and clones of the EZ-Flash Vi are blocked.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Boy, I was wondering if Nintendo had given up on DSi Flashcart blocking.

Well, if I know Nintendo's half-assed patch-up jobs, there very may well be yet another workaround in sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...