Status
Not open for further replies.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK, I have been off the boards for a while so it’s a good topic to come back on. Basically I have purchased loads form the DSI shop and until the make it that I can run legit purchased games from the internal SD card I am not going to upgrade the firmware again or probably buy any more from the shop. I have more sitting on the SD card than in memory on the DS, playing at swapping files is a pain in the ass, that is something they should be addressing up front, it’s long overdue.

On the subject of the update being patched, I doubt it will take as long this time, most cards were patched quite quickly last time, there just seemed to be a reluctance to provide the fix as they had to use a legit game icon and they were worried in some cases that there would get repercussions, if they use a legit game icon this time there shouldn’t be the same waiting game to release the patch, so that hurdle should be well and truly jumped.

On the subject of the DSLite not having this issue and the DSi is just a DSLite with a camera and no GBA slot, the DSi is more powerful in the processor department than previous DS’s, the sad thing is they don’t seemed to have used that in making any games, personally if you have a DSLite good for you, but a single post saying “I’m glad I have a DSLite” serves no purpose here other than to wind people up.

There will be a fix soon, there always is, is just a big game of can n mouse….

Oh and welcome back me !

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
I have a query: The flash carts which AREN'T blocked; on a regular DS/DSLite, what icon do they show? I know some of the blocked carts definitely show their "real" icon on the older consoles, and only spoof retail games on DSi, and I was wondering if perhaps Ninty re-jigged the code to get the header of the card, so that now it is the same as it was on DS/DSLite, meaning it'd show the unsigned header. If this is the case, then its simply a case of abandoning that workaround for showing the unofficial header on older consoles, and just make it show the spoofed retail header always.

However, this is just a theory. If anyone can confirm/prove that Action Replay DSi is not blocked, my theory is incorrect. (No offence to the person who posted that it does, but they're a nobody, I'd like to see some proof or hear from a respected member of the DS scene).

That won't work. My DSTwo shows the Fish Tycoon logo even on the DS Lite (don't have a DSi, though I might get a XL once the price drops) so it isn't the unofficial logo they are detecting as the DSTwo doesn't have one.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quote"On the subject of the DSLite not having this issue and the DSi is just a DSLite with a camera and no GBA slot, the DSi is more powerful in the processor department than previous DS’s, the sad thing is they don’t seemed to have used that in making any games, personally if you have a DSLite good for you, but a single post saying “I’m glad I have a DSLite” serves no purpose here other than to wind people up."

please.. please..please... shoot yourself in the head and light yourself on fire if you still own a ds lite and think your cool.. give me your address and ill shut you the fuck up.. dont ever post that shit again omfg gonna kill the next person i see that has a ds lite.

will not be updating untill i can play straight from the sd like that guy said..

(not yellin at funem)

buffer_overflow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Acekard 2i which shows up as "Danny Phantom: Urban Jungle" sometimes showed up or even flashed as the original Acekard 2i, so I guess there IS a way to read the true header.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nl255 said:
SifJar said:
I have a query: The flash carts which AREN'T blocked; on a regular DS/DSLite, what icon do they show? I know some of the blocked carts definitely show their "real" icon on the older consoles, and only spoof retail games on DSi, and I was wondering if perhaps Ninty re-jigged the code to get the header of the card, so that now it is the same as it was on DS/DSLite, meaning it'd show the unsigned header. If this is the case, then its simply a case of abandoning that workaround for showing the unofficial header on older consoles, and just make it show the spoofed retail header always.

However, this is just a theory. If anyone can confirm/prove that Action Replay DSi is not blocked, my theory is incorrect. (No offence to the person who posted that it does, but they're a nobody, I'd like to see some proof or hear from a respected member of the DS scene).

That won't work. My DSTwo shows the Fish Tycoon logo even on the DS Lite (don't have a DSi, though I might get a XL once the price drops) so it isn't the unofficial logo they are detecting as the DSTwo doesn't have one.
OK thanks. Figured it was probably a long shot, but you never know with Ninty.

c_house

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now Acekard has to get a flash out for the card to work on 1.4.1. At least we won't need a DS Lite to flash it anymore.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Where there's a 1.4.1 there's a 1.5. They've obviously figured out how to block the Flashcards again. It's only a matter of time before the others are blocked.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
c_house said:
Now Acekard has to get a flash out for the card to work on 1.4.1. At least we won't need a DS Lite to flash it anymore.

It's exactly the same situation as with the Firmware 1.4 update. If your DSi is on FW 1.4.1, then you will need to use a DS Lite or a DSi with an earlier firmware.

Don't go thinking Acekard will rush a firmware update out, when was the last time they did a real update of their kernal or updated their loaders? I'd be surprised if there was an update patch before Pokemon Black/ White is released, which is probably what Nintendo is aiming for as it will be a big seller.

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This Is Why I Sold My DSi and went back to a DS Lite
frown.gif

but I'm happy I did it
smile.gif

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
tk_saturn said:
It's exactly the same situation as with the Firmware 1.4 update. If your DSi is on FW 1.4.1, then you will need to use a DS Lite or a DSi with an earlier firmware.

I'm not so sure about that. The iEdge is updatable in the DSi as well - as far as I know (I don't have one).

Let's send good vibrations too those guys who made the last AK2i-Update. Very good thoughts.
mthrnitesmiley.gif

@XXLANCEXX: Please read posting #186 by Demonstryde. Loud.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know if it block r4irts&sdhc from r4rts.com? i dont want to try cus im afraid it will, but i dont know

Greatforce

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
digipokemaster said:
does anyone know if it block r4irts&sdhc from r4rts.com? i dont want to try cus im afraid it will, but i dont know

As far as i know, the only thing changed in this new DS firmware is the block on Flashcards.

There shouldnt be ANY reason to update, and it wont update unless you allow it. ( Thats what i learned in this 14 page thread )

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tl:dr

Are we required to update the firmware to 1.4.1 if we want to purchase DSiware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/7sqwbGI-ZcM?si=73M_qQxgKt3zoifl +2