Hacking Discussion Nintendo banning from CDN

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The European stuff (unlocking phones, unlocking routers, the demise of proprietary charge cables or at least voltages) tends mostly to come from the electronic waste/environmental aspect rather than a technological one. Similarly a technological one would be hard pressed to keep viable as there are always incremental improvements to be made. I can't then see an environmental argument for them.
Refunds and resale were different but different to what was mentioned here.

Reactions: cearp
D

Deleted User

So yeah Im already banned from eshop and online play and my account is but i can use freeshop and I have been no superban yet and Im not sweating it I predict someone will let us enable firmware installing offline at some point either sx or a coder/dev

vgplayer54

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Clear answer:No. The only way you get a level 3 "superban" is if you use CDNSP with your own console's cert file. The cert that you're currently using for CDNSP is the one that will eventually get a superban, not you. The most that can happen is you get a level 2 ban(Online and e-shop ban)
Thank you so much for such a clear answer. But you say that the public cert will get level 3 ban eventually, would that mean all consoles using that cert would be level 3 banned at that point?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you so much for such a clear answer. But you say that the public cert will get level 3 ban eventually, would that mean all consoles using that cert would be level 3 banned at that point?

Each console has their own cert. The cert you are using probably comes from someone who donated their cert or maybe it's a public cert leaked from Nintendo, i don't know. But the bottom line is your console is safe from a CDN ban since you aren't using your OWN cert

Colton48

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a little confused by people saying using their own certificates and are getting banned.
Are we referring to dumping our own games and dumping those certificates and then using those certificates which is causing a ban?

Or are we referring to something else?

I've been using SX 1.3 and dumping my games using a home brew app to backup to the SD card and I also dump the game certificate at that time.

Last edited by Colton48,

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am a little confused by everyone saying using their own certificates.
Are we referring to dumping our own games and dumping those certificates and then using those certificates is causing the ban?

Or are we referring to something else?

Certs are specific to each CONSOLE, not each GAME. When you access the CDN server to download games via the e-shop, the console sends it's specific certificate token to verify that it's a legit request, then the download starts

Reactions: Colton48

Colton48

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Certs are specific to each CONSOLE, not each GAME. When you access the CDN server to download games via the e-shop, the console sends it's specific certificate token to verify that it's a legit request, then the download starts
I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Dr.doom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont use your cert to download nothing from them if your going to ☠ pirate do it the old fashioned way at least you'll be able to update your system later .

The0919

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you only get CDN ban if you use applications that use your CDN, or can a CDN ban come along with a ban for something like installing NSPs?

TheGreaKhali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Question does superban even matter for people who don't care about playing online.

You can still download game patches and DLC using CDNSP then install using SX pro even if you are banned.

And you can update firmware using a homebrew method instead of going online through Nintendo.

Are there any bans where you are fully unable to play game backups and update firmware through a homebrew method.

So even if you get supervan there are no worries we can still play Metroid Prime 4 by downloading from CDNSP when that eventually releases as well as updating a Switch using a homebrew app correct?

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question does superban even matter for people who don't care about playing online.

You can still download game patches and DLC using CDNSP then install using SX pro even if you are banned.

And you can update firmware using a homebrew method instead of going online through Nintendo.

Are there any bans where you are fully unable to play game backups and update firmware through a homebrew method.

So even if you get supervan there are no worries we can still play Metroid Prime 4 by downloading from CDNSP when that eventually releases as well as updating a Switch using a homebrew app correct?

Only if you think they're not going to fix the thing they're obviously fixing. They're even fixing it on the 3DS.

Nintendo fixes exploits in the Switch, why would this be any different?

TheGreaKhali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only if you think they're not going to fix the thing they're obviously fixing. They're even fixing it on the 3DS.

Nintendo fixes exploits in the Switch, why would this be any different?

I'm talking about current Switch owners. I though Nintendo can't fix this with a firmware update as it's a hardware issue?

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking about current Switch owners. I though Nintendo can't fix this with a firmware update as it's a hardware issue?

I'm talking about CDNSP. If you get superbanned and (when not if) they fix CDNSP you're basically SOL and have to resort to hunting down everything through dark downloads or torrents.

leda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Agree. The RCM USB inject exploit in "unpatched" Switches allows hackers to do anything with the Switch software, so Nintendo can't fix the exploit by a software update.

I don't care if I get an online playing ban, but I don't want a CDN ban. With a CDN ban, I can't update my firmware/games safely and easily. Homebrew update method is available but requires finding and downloading update files myself. Those files would be harder to get if immediate CDN bans are applied or pirate files sharing become harder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1