Hacking Discussion Nintendo banning from CDN

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
They come from Switch donors dumps (from dauth banned switches). If they outright revoke all tls-certs for bans, there would be no more donor certs.
So basically from that moment on, all bans will be "superbans" and not regular bans. Yeah i can see them doing that. Still, like i said, wont stop people from getting games in other ways

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically from that moment on, all bans will be "superbans" and not regular bans. Yeah i can see them doing that. Still, like i said, wont stop people from getting games in other ways

Sure, but look at how the 3DS community responded to the 3DS freeshop going down. When you lose "safe" access to Nintendo's network stuff get dicey. And for the Switch the loss of tls-cert means you lose everything else as well.

So from then on you have to sideload everything, and that means you have to deal with constantly having to hunt down updates, firmware patches, and so on.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sure, but look at how the 3DS community responded to the 3DS freeshop going down. When you lose "safe" access to Nintendo's network stuff get dicey. And for the Switch the loss of tls-cert means you lose everything else as well.

So from then on you have to sideload everything, and that means you have to deal with constantly having to hunt down updates, firmware patches, and so on.

Hunting down firmware updates shouldn't be too hard thanks to Raj's method, unless that gets affected too. Hunting down games and updates shouldn't be TOO hard either. Hell i don't use CDNSP myself anymore ever since i found a really damn good repository of games, dlc and updates, all sotred on google play, making them really fast to download. I guess hunting down firmware updates will be the hardest part of the entire ordeal. Except for the people with SXOS since they can use cart updates. I think

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hunting down firmware updates shouldn't be too hard thanks to Raj's method, unless that gets affected too. Hunting down games and updates shouldn't be TOO hard either. Hell i don't use CDNSP myself anymore ever since i found a really damn good repository of games, dlc and updates, all sotred on google play, making them really fast to download. I guess hunting down firmware updates will be the hardest part of the entire ordeal. Except for the people with SXOS since they can use cart updates. I think

Where do you think those files came from?

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't say. Could be CDNSP, could be a different source, i don't know

Almost guaranteed its CDNSP repository. No one's corralling all updates from cart dumps and cart-pulled update dumps. That would be extremely time consuming to parse.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Almost guaranteed its CDNSP repository. No one's corralling all updates from cart dumps and cart-pulled update dumps. That would be extremely time consuming to parse.
You seem quite upset are people donating certs and I am not entirely sure why. Is it just in anticipation of a ban style swap?

As for updates being via more convoluted methods. It has been done for plenty of systems before now. Everybody was happy enough with such things.

Reactions: Albytrozz

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to an awesome app, a still working public cert and a PC dedicated to doing only one Mariotastic thing if they give me another day or 2 they can ban whatever they want, I'll literally have everything :P Much of it I've already bought but couldn't backup until now...

Also, Protip, if the download speeds all of a sudden seem to drop down try switching IPs or VPN locations... it looks like they try to throttle a specific IP if it's connected for too long, at least from what I've seen...

Last edited by Albytrozz,

cujo200231

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question

My switch is on 5.1 and my sx os is the original version it shipped with. I believe 1.3. Anyways, I tried going on the nx shop and got an error from the server when trying to download a game. Also I noticed that dragon ball fighterz wasn’t on the list. Do I need to update my sx pro? I don’t care about playing online, just the games and dlc characters. If worse comes to worse, what can I do to play this game? Buy it and then how to I get the dlc characters? Thanks

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question

My switch is on 5.1 and my sx os is the original version it shipped with. I believe 1.3. Anyways, I tried going on the nx shop and got an error from the server when trying to download a game. Also I noticed that dragon ball fighterz wasn’t on the list. Do I need to update my sx pro? I don’t care about playing online, just the games and dlc characters. If worse comes to worse, what can I do to play this game? Buy it and then how to I get the dlc characters? Thanks
upgrade your sxpro. dont use nxshop. it will guarantee u a ban. cdn download are extreme dangerous. U can't even download now, just few days ago, they added a secure measure so they ban your cert the moment u try to download a game/dlc that u do not purchased, with nxshop/cdnsp etc.

Last edited by Sonansune,

cujo200231

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t care about being banned online from gameplay. If I use nxshop will it prevent me from downloading future games on higher firmware? What is my best option to play this game? Just buying it retail and then downloading the dlc legitimately? Will that work and will I still be able to play my home brew? That is my big thing, keeping my homebrew

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don’t care about being banned online from gameplay. If I use nxshop will it prevent me from downloading future games on higher firmware? What is my best option to play this game? Just buying it retail and then downloading the dlc legitimately? Will that work and will I still be able to play my home brew? That is my big thing, keeping my homebrew
no legitimacy the moment u chose to use sx pro. (u try to purchase dlc? good luck, u will be banned 100% after your purchase... since they can get the tracking info that u used sx os)
u can't use nxshop/cdnsp now!!!! read my previous post!!!

read this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/r-i-p-public-cdnsp-cert-as-nintendo-getting-better.515973/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, u can't even legitmately purchase anymore. since u said nxshop already gives you error.(which means your console cert is banned already) this is superban, u can't even do online system update

just go the full offline pirate route.

and why u use nxshop in the first without knowing the consequences.....

Last edited by Sonansune,

cujo200231

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no legitimacy the moment u chose to use sx pro. (u try to purchase dlc? good luck, u will be banned 100% after your purchase... since they can get the tracking info that u used sx os)
u can't use nxshop/cdnsp now!!!! read my previous post!!!

read this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/r-i-p-public-cdnsp-cert-as-nintendo-getting-better.515973/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, u can't even legitmately purchase anymore. since u said nxshop already gives you error.(which means your console cert is banned already) this is superban, u can't even do online system update

just go the full offline pirate route.

and why u use nxshop in the first without knowing the consequences.....

Fuck. I’m sorry I’m retarded with this, is there a link to go to for the “full offline pirate route”? Also what if I buy a hard copy of the game?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

NXSHOp won't ban you JUST from online gameplay, it will ban you from EVERYTHING. Online gamine, e-shop access, firmware updates, everything. Even the creator of NXSHOP tells everyone NOT to use it

cujo200231

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand. So I am on 5.1 and my sx os is 13.4 I believe (release version) if I buy a physical cartridge can I play it? Will it let me play 6.0 games since it will be the actual cart? Can I do this on the official firmware (not the sx boot) I just am screwed on the dlc right? and is there any way I can still just buy games and play emulators like snes?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand. So I am on 5.1 and my sx os is 13.4 I believe (release version) if I buy a physical cartridge can I play it? Will it let me play 6.0 games since it will be the actual cart? Can I do this on the official firmware (not the sx boot) I just am screwed on the dlc right? and is there any way I can still just buy games and play emulators like snes?
The only thing that bans prevent us from doing is playing online; we can do absolutely everything else offline with hacks including but not limited to updating our firmware, installing updates/DLC, and using homebrew.

cujo200231

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that bans prevent us from doing is playing online; we can do absolutely everything else offline with hacks including but not limited to updating our firmware, installing updates/DLC, and using homebrew.
Is there a guide for this? I’d love to play fighter z and if I can get the dlc characters. Even if I have to buy retail copies

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a guide for this? I’d love to play fighter z and if I can get the dlc characters. Even if I have to buy retail copies
Download the respective updates and DLC in .NSP format then use a title installer such as Rommenu (TX's title installer included in SX OS), DevMenu (copyrighted), or Tinfoil (recommended homebrew title installer). There really is no tutorial for this since its the same process as installing any other .NSP file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: So much drinking from @K3Nv2