Homebrew Nintendo Badge Arcade: Badges Collection

NGamerCole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think there's a limit to how many you can put on your 3DS at one time?
Attempting to do all of them, but it ended on the black and white Kirby badges and been on "attempting to write extdata" for a bit.
Gonna leave it for awhile and see what happens though, for now at least.
edit: wow nvm I read the thing about max 1000, noted.

Last edited by NGamerCole,

FRITZINATOR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a limit of badges to put on folders? I can only have 3 badges on my folders before it gives me an error?

spongeabc5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a limit of badges to put on folders? I can only have 3 badges on my folders before it gives me an error?
Don't know if this is your problem, but the 3DS home menu has a hard limit of 300 icons (badges count as icons) displayed on the home menu at any given time.

FRITZINATOR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if this is your problem, but the 3DS home menu has a hard limit of 300 icons (badges count as icons) displayed on the home menu at any given time.
does that include whats in the folders as well? I just installed Mario Maker today and nothing happen to the badges and games

metaboss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Special thanks to @Clector for helping us find the remaining badges!
  • 58 Animal Crossing Sanrio Collaboration badges
  • 24 Nikki & Friends 2 badges
  • 68 Pokemon Pixel Hoenn Region badges
  • 5 YO-KAI WATCH Kaimah badges
At this moment in time, all known badges are accounted for.

Here is the updated archive: https://mega.nz/#!URVFTbBA!Lb8zjrVbXVuugZFZqEWiVTVOlmhQZNEH-7Z_pKVDJpM & badges added this update are attached if that's more your style.

piso mojado,
metaboss

Attachments

• AnimalSanrio.7z
    160.7 KB · Views: 355
  • Nikki2.7z
    126.1 KB · Views: 336
  • PokeDot02.7z
    20.1 KB · Views: 362
  • Yokai11.7z
    16.6 KB · Views: 325

TheBroCode

Trophies
XP
Country
These new Zelda crossover ones look great

jcn70WZ.jpg

Axlfox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they just added new Yokai watch badges in the japanese badge center, can someone please get them?

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Yes, there are new badges of the upcoming Youka Watch 3: Sukiyaki andof course there are two free plays every day since the last week until 1/15 of 2017 in Japan too.

metaboss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Merry Christmas,

Here is the latest archive with 539 new badges added. Notably...

* Christmas badges for Wario, Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter, Pokemon Special, etc
* Zelda 30th
* Pokemon Gen 7
* YO-KAI
* Badge Center

The only "new" collection is Zelda 30th, all of the other badges were added to existing collections, so you're best to get the whole archive.

piso mojado,
metaboss

_Shebang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if it's still accurate, but the thread mentions that y'all have 1800 badges collected. I set up SciresM's badge tool and was able to dump the following:
  • 18,620 files for all regions
  • 6,971 files for US
  • 5,324 files for JP
  • 6,505 files for EU
To be perfectly honest, I don't really know much about badges (and what differs between regions), but here's the full dump.
Thankfully the tool seems to organize these badges quite well.

metaboss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest archive I posted has around 8400 combined badges. I took a look at SciresM's tool and it's the same method we've had for a few months to extract all the badges, and adds automation of the download and decryption.

The set produced by Badge Arcade Tool, eg the archive you posted (~7400 badges) is missing the contents of pc.sarc that ship with badge arcade. pc.sarc has badges that are not in the files downloaded by Badge Arcade Tool. For instance, I notice ZelMuju (majora's mask) isn't represented in the dump along with a few others.

Regardless, @SciresM has put together an excellent tool that will make getting the new badges as they're released a bit less of a manual effort.

Reactions: awtgrduzwt5r9

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The set produced by Badge Arcade Tool, eg the archive you posted (~7400 badges) is missing the contents of pc.sarc that ship with badge arcade. pc.sarc has badges that are not in the files downloaded by Badge Arcade Tool. For instance, I notice ZelMuju (majora's mask) isn't represented in the dump along with a few others.

Hm. I bet I could fix that.

Won't get around to trying to do so for a while, though.

Last edited by SciresM,
Reactions: TheBroCode

JuanDDP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this! If i already put badges with GYTB and want to put more i have to just put the new ones in the "badges" folder or it will delete the old ones?

Last edited by JuanDDP,

DJW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I'm not sure where else to ask this.

I'm using GYTB to use custom badges.

Is there any way to completely remove official Nintendo badges (won from Badge Arcade) from my system?

Basically, I only want to see my custom badges in the badge menu.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I'm not sure where else to ask this.

I'm using GYTB to use custom badges.

Is there any way to completely remove official Nintendo badges (won from Badge Arcade) from my system?

Basically, I only want to see my custom badges in the badge menu.

Simply delate the official badge after use GYTB and don't delate the custom one. Remenber if you enter in the BadgeArcade you lose your custom badge and you have to re do the process again.

Last edited by PedroKeitawa,

DJW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Simply delate the official badge after use GYTB and don't delate the custom one. Remenber if you enter in the BadgeArcade you lose your custom badge and you have to re do the process again.

How exactly do I delete the official badge? Sorry if this is a noob question.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
How exactly do I delete the official badge? Sorry if this is a noob question.

After use GYTB for overwright the normal badge, at the same time extract the official badge, you should have in your SD the "badges" folder. The location depends on what method your use. For CFW is in the root of the SD card, for homebrew is in the same folder as the .3dsx file.
At the moment, since you already start GYTB, the folder should contain the official badge and the custom one in png format; simple delate the file for the official one from the SD and leave in the folder only the custom one. After this remenber to remove from the HomeMenu the badges you already have in place, after this re launch GYTB. The app simple re wright the file but this time only with custom badge.

DJW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After use GYTB for overwright the normal badge, at the same time extract the official badge, you should have in your SD the "badges" folder. The location depends on what method your use. For CFW is in the root of the SD card, for homebrew is in the same folder as the .3dsx file.
At the moment, since you already start GYTB, the folder should contain the official badge and the custom one in png format; simple delate the file for the official one from the SD and leave in the folder only the custom one. After this remenber to remove from the HomeMenu the badges you already have in place, after this re launch GYTB. The app simple re wright the file but this time only with custom badge.

Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hmmm it's been a long time since I messed with Retroarch on the PS3 but probably most of the...