[Release] Badge Arcade Tool

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by SciresM, Jan 8, 2017.

1. SciresM
    OP

SciresM GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2014
    United States
    example pic

This is a tool that, when run, will download and decrypt and extract the PNGs for every badge in Nintendo's Badge Arcade.

Note: Decryption requires you to be running a copy of my crypto server on a 3ds on your local network, and for you to edit the TryDecryptBOSS function in NetworkUtils.cs to point at that 3ds. Decryption cannot avoid networking through a 3DS without the BOSS key from bootrom, which has not been publically dumped.

The first time this is run, it will generate a ~3 MB log file as it extracts every badge ever added to the arcade.

On future runs, it will only download/decrypt if there are new badges you haven't already downloaded, and will only log the new ones.

Source is available on my github.

Note: This tool has a lot of setup requirements, and as such it's only really reasonable to expect devs to be able to make use of it.

Last edited by SciresM, Jan 8, 2017
  2. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    Does anyone know if a full set of badges have been dumped, and made public?

Not asking for links (I'm pretty sure it couldn't be shared here), just confirmation and a point in the general direction.

3. thisisallowed

thisisallowed 中国御宅族

Oct 8, 2015
    China
    Jinan, Shandong
    Alright, so there is a new fork of this which is easy to use and doesn't need the crypto server.
    You just extract this zip to a folder with boot9.bin and it will download all the badges

Attached Files:

Ailuros27 likes this.
  4. Committee

Committee Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    Ailuros27 likes this.
  5. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    Awesome, thank you!

Oh! I didn't realise that thread was alive. I figured it would have been deleted by mods long ago.

6. Committee

Committee Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    Just got buried, but I think the thread has the most up to date collection of badges.