• Views 69,947
  • Replies 658
  • Likes 4

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This is clearly an attempt to have parents feel easier about buying their kid a device to play pokemon on. Should have called the new device the Nintendo pokemon console. just wait for the market bundling to start.

people are already freaking out how they will be able to play pokemon the cheapest. Nintendo saw an opportunity to capitalize and took it

Pure and simple.

Meanwhile the "real" consumer demands and wants, get left behind. Sad.

This 2DS is another version, not an improvement. Just like the 3DS XL, which is just another version of the 3DS. If you don't want to buy it nobody is forcing you to.

Precisely.

I never said I would buy it.

The day Nintendo provides a decent and improved revision of the 3DS, with a second analog stick and other added features, I will be the first one in the store.

Reactions: SSG Vegeta

rharesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
This 2DS is another version, not an improvement. Just like the 3DS XL, which is just another version of the 3DS. If you don't want to buy it nobody is forcing you to.
Well I think 3DSXL is not just another version it's improved version with more battery life, less pain to eyes on using 3d... I love 3DSXL... But why 2DS now wtf? We're they smoking.... :eek:

Reactions: SSG Vegeta

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well I think 3DSXL is not just another version it's improved version with more battery life, less pain to eyes on using 3d... I love 3DSXL... But why 2DS now wtf? We're they smoking.... :eek:

They've created a new device that parents will buy for kids
(no 3d, no hinge, though screens can be scratched and can be cracked. also, it's a portable device that is so bulky, kids will not bring it out and lose it).
Perfect date to release it, as the kiddos will be begging their mother and father for a device that plays X & Y.

Also, no WiFi hardware switch, so it'll definitely download new firmware updates if connected.
All you need is a kid to press it by mistake.
Stock firmware will most definitely be above 4.5, so goodbye GW3DS (until you ever get past the 4.5 block)

Plus, I'm wondering what hardware and software changes they made,
to make a device that originally broadcasts to two screens, show the same information on one screen heheheh.

At any rate, Already gotten myself a 3DS, 3DS XL (which both works perfectly with my GW),
so I'll rather wait for the next generation handheld console from them: the Nintendo 3Dtablet! (which will then be released as 3DT XL, and then 2DT /sarcasm)

Raehik

Trophies
XP
Country
Still waiting for the 3DS Lite, then. Both versions of the 3DS have quite major issues, and I still believe they should add another circle pad (so that PS2 ports would be more possible - see MGS3).

So, if this is another version of the 3DS, then Nintendo should really get working now on the 'improvement' side, like most handhelds have experienced.

tronic307

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'know, I'd call this the Wii mini of handhelds, because it's absolutely nerfed into oblivion, but the 3DS wasn't exactly kid-friendly, or portable IMO... until now. I never took my 3DS anywhere, for fear of damage, and despite the more rugged appearance of the 3DS XL, I hardly ever take that anywhere, either.

The 2DS is for the crowd that made the DS more popular than the 3DS, probably because the DS had that nice, simple appeal, which I think is the point.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed my post long before you pointed out the backward incompatibility error.

As for the rest, I completely disagree.

I am a Nintendo consumer. I would like different and other improvements on a new 3DS revision, instead of them adding more money to their pockets with a crappy version of a 3DS.

But I guess everyone has their opinions.

To me, its ridiculous.

Glad to hear someone corrected you before I got to it.

Well, as far as durability, we'll see how that plays out. That's more of a "yet-to-be-tested" thing, and less of an opinion.

Either way, I'm sure they'll sell boatloads. It's a good idea on their part.

As to why you think Nintendo only has to make things you're interested in, that's beyond me. Though I'm sure there'll be a new 3ds revision eventually, but the 3DSXL hasn't been out nearly long enough for that. I still haven't gotten a 3DSXL yet actually. Here's hoping they have a special 3DSXL themed release for the new zelda or pokemon game.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The Game Boy Micro is gorgeous! My all time favorite handheld :)

As for the 2DS, sounds like a late april fools joke oO
I certainly prefer to use my backlit SP for everyday gameplay, but I absolutely love the Micro's size. It's my go-to handheld for break time at work (fits easily in my spare front pocket without any trouble) unless I really want to play a GB/C or 3/DS game instead.

Plus the Micro's light is superior to either version of the SP.

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way the 2DS is designed leads me to believe the successor to the 3DS will look more like the WiiU gamepad.Hopefully the successor will look much better than the 2DS.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is an interesting move, but I also don't believe that they are doing this just to cater to the younger audience. I mean the 3DS does that well enough with out any help, no what I think Nintendo is doing is correcting there mistake, since the 3D gimmick flopped on them.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I think this is an interesting move, but I also don't believe that they are doing this just to cater to the younger audience. I mean the 3DS does that well enough with out any help, no what I think Nintendo is doing is correcting there mistake, since the 3D gimmick flopped on them.
If that were true, they would have just released another clamshell revision, and not made an obviously cheaper and kiddie-looking budget model without the clamshell. Why would they "correct" a mistake that was never made? Looking at the sales, 3D and other factors worked out great for the 3DS.

Good grief, it's only been a couple days and the "lol, Nintendo is admitting 3D was a mistake" BS is already getting really old.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Did you read? Is just ONE screen

screens display images, digitalizers do the touch capable job. 2 different devices.
why do you think a cellphone screen can be shattered and leave the touch useless but still display images perfectly clear??

~ Normally the touchscreen is separate from the display part of the screen ~
that's exactly what I mean

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People if you can't get the clear picture of this new versions
Pure and simple.

Meanwhile the "real" consumer demands and wants, get left behind. Sad.

Precisely.

I never said I would buy it.

The day Nintendo provides a decent and improved revision of the 3DS, with a second analog stick and other added features, I will be the first one in the store.

What does the consumer exactly want? I don't understand. People complained about the first 3DS having a small screen and they designed the XL. However, people complaining about a second analog stick which they cannot end up providing in new revisions which would lead to ripping off old consumers plus confusion with developers when making new games. You know developers can just say a big fuck you to Nintendo and just start making games with just one control scheme which will lead to previous 3DS owners who do not want to buy a new device having to buy CCP.

The 3DS will never see a revision with a second analog stick because the device was designed with just one analog in the first place. Designing a 3DS with a second analog stick will lead to developers making games that will only work with 2 analog sticks which will then rip the old consumers who bought the 3DS or the 3DS XL. They have given an alternative control scheme which is through CCP. Yes it's ugly and yes they should've added a second analog stick ever since the launch of the system, but if they wanted to add a second analog stick to a new version of the device, they would've done that a while ago with the 3DS XL. The 3DS no longer needs any improvement unless battery life has improved but other than that, there's nothing to improve unless they make a different design just like they did with the XL.

As for the 2DS once, it is NOT for you if you already own a 3DS meaning there is absolutely no point to complain about this device.

machmandp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In all honesty i dont think it looks too bad , with my experiences with the clamshell its always that part that gets loose .
and if it helps the 3DS sales over the coming year it can only be better for all of us.

My issue is that its only £20 cheaper than you can get a new 3DS for here in the UK and considering the lack of 3D and
only 1 speaker etc then i dont think its cheap enough to sell to those parents who were maybe not sure of buying one.

It should have been cheaper then maybe instead of getting a 2nd hand dsi or dsi-xl this would have been an option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol