• Views 70,099
  • Replies 658
  • Likes 4

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty i dont think it looks too bad , with my experiences with the clamshell its always that part that gets loose .
and if it helps the 3DS sales over the coming year it can only be better for all of us.

My issue is that its only £20 cheaper than you can get a new 3DS for here in the UK and considering the lack of 3D and
only 1 speaker etc then i dont think its cheap enough to sell to those parents who were maybe not sure of buying one.

It should have been cheaper then maybe instead of getting a 2nd hand dsi or dsi-xl this would have been an option.

They should have made the 2DS look similar to the WiiU gamepad only a smaller version if they did that I might buy it

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Glad to hear someone corrected you before I got to it.

Well, as far as durability, we'll see how that plays out. That's more of a "yet-to-be-tested" thing, and less of an opinion.

Either way, I'm sure they'll sell boatloads. It's a good idea on their part.

As to why you think Nintendo only has to make things you're interested in, that's beyond me. Though I'm sure there'll be a new 3ds revision eventually, but the 3DSXL hasn't been out nearly long enough for that. I still haven't gotten a 3DSXL yet actually. Here's hoping they have a special 3DSXL themed release for the new zelda or pokemon game.

True, these are all just assumptions.

But in the end it all boils down to this: If you like it, or have real use for this new 2DS, buy it.

Everyone has their reasons.

People if you can't get the clear picture of this new versions

What does the consumer exactly want? I don't understand. People complained about the first 3DS having a small screen and they designed the XL. However, people complaining about a second analog stick which they cannot end up providing in new revisions which would lead to ripping off old consumers plus confusion with developers when making new games. You know developers can just say a big fuck you to Nintendo and just start making games with just one control scheme which will lead to previous 3DS owners who do not want to buy a new device having to buy CCP.

The 3DS will never see a revision with a second analog stick because the device was designed with just one analog in the first place. Designing a 3DS with a second analog stick will lead to developers making games that will only work with 2 analog sticks which will then rip the old consumers who bought the 3DS or the 3DS XL. They have given an alternative control scheme which is through CCP. Yes it's ugly and yes they should've added a second analog stick ever since the launch of the system, but if they wanted to add a second analog stick to a new version of the device, they would've done that a while ago with the 3DS XL. The 3DS no longer needs any improvement unless battery life has improved but other than that, there's nothing to improve unless they make a different design just like they did with the XL.

As for the 2DS once, it is NOT for you if you already own a 3DS meaning there is absolutely no point to complain about this device.

Well, I get your point. However I still don't agree on some points.

And I'd like to add, that if the Nintendo 3DS did not need a second analog stick, or if the consumers didn't demand it, then quite simply, there would be no Circle Pad Pro.

But this is my opinion.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it wasn't for the design I'd actually consider one.

It's dumb as hell but 3D is even dumber so chopping that off (along with like $50 off the price tag) is pretty cool.

The design itself is just really fucking ugly and cumbersome, I get it's designed for kids (not a joke it's designed for the 7 and under crowd) but like I can't put it in any pocket and that screen seems prone to scratching without the clamshell. Although so is the Vita but still the 3DS had its own pseudo-protector with the clamshell.

I'll probably end up with a 3DS XL at some point or another but money is a thing I don't have.

G-Guild has plans to buy the very evil he swore to oppose?!

Where the hell are the trumpets and Horsemen?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G-Guild has plans to buy the very evil he swore to oppose?!

Where the hell are the trumpets and Horsemen?

To be fair the 3DS library has eventually stacked up in terms of quality titles. It has Project X Zone localized at least and, let's be honest here, I'll probably want to play Pokemon.

I'll probably never buy another Nintendo home console again though, seeing as their home consoles are basically just Nintendo Game Players and their consoles are never worth it just for Nintendo games. The 3DS at least has some third party support and some more worthwhile IPs (I'll feel like I'm getting my money's worth with a 100 hr Pokemon game compared to a 12 hour Mario platformer that costs $20 more).

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair the 3DS library has eventually stacked up in terms of quality titles. It has Project X Zone localized at least and, let's be honest here, I'll probably want to play Pokemon.

I'll probably never buy another Nintendo home console again though, seeing as their home consoles are basically just Nintendo Game Players and their consoles are never worth it just for Nintendo games. The 3DS at least has some third party support and some more worthwhile IPs (I'll feel like I'm getting my money's worth with a 100 hr Pokemon game compared to a 12 hour Mario platformer that costs $20 more).

G-Guilds buying a 3DS just for JP titles?! Seriously, how many fucking seals have been broken?!

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G-Guilds buying a 3DS just for JP titles?! Seriously, how many fucking seals have been broken?!

I don't hate Japanese games just bad Japanese games (which is most Japanese games).

Besides the Japanese titles I like aren't very weeb except for Persona 4, most of the good Japanese titles were made with a western audience in mind (Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma) or for a global audience (Pokemon, although it's not really "good" as it is just "meaty")

enigma85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked the idea but I don't like the design.

i AGREE whole-heartedly. 3d on the 3DS sucks!! Make a 2DS XL that looks exactly like the 3ds XL and i'd buy it. My 3d is never on because you just can't play games and keep it completely in front of you and still. Fabulous idea by making a more powerful DS, this is what the 3DS shouldve been to begin with just not so damn ugly!

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh boy, here comes the peeps saying 3D don't work properly.
I'd say your eyes don't work properly.
I watch the 3D on the 3DS even when I move a little bit. Iz your eyes o.o
I have some friends who can't see the 3D, so yeah, stahp complainin.

I couldn't agree more with you, there are some people who can't see the 3D like it is...

mr. fancypants

that´s ´Sir´ for you!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the ds two doesnt even support some games like zelda phantom hourglass at an particular part of the game u have to close and re-open the ds in order to go to the temple.

Proof:

around 24:00 u have to close the ds. . .

trance

Trophies
XP
Country
the ds two doesnt even support some games like zelda phantom hourglass at an particular part of the game u have to close and re-open the ds in order to go to the temple.

You don't know if it won't, so don't say it won't.

http://cdn02.nintendo-europe.com/media/images/projects/flower/3ds/FAMILY_A4_TABLE_UK.pdf
If you had a closer look at the 2DS, there's a slider toggle on the bottom right corner marked "SLEEP", which does the exact same thing as closing the lid of a 3DS

Reactions: TripleSMoon

ßleck

Console Peasant
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay people it has been said many times. Those puzzles where you need to close the DS, you'll just have to use the sleep toggle. Even though it won't make much sense in the game. I remember the puzzle in Phantom Hourglass said something like ''Press the 2 maps together''.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Another code also has some puzzles that need you to close the DS, but yeah I guess you'll just have to press the sleep button, maybe that'll be explained in the instruction manual.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Another code also has some puzzles that need you to close the DS, but yeah I guess you'll just have to press the sleep button, maybe that'll be explained in the instruction manual.
Another code has one puzzle where you need to close the DS at a specific angle to watch the reflection, which is unrelated to sleep mode. That puzzle is impossible to solve normally now. (not trying to bash the 2DS here, just clarifying) And impossible on emulators :P

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Another code has one puzzle where you need to close the DS at a specific angle to watch the reflection, which is unrelated to sleep mode. That puzzle is impossible to solve normally now. (not trying to bash the 2DS here, just clarifying) And impossible on emulators :P

Yes, I remember this one, but there is another one if I remember well which made you use a sort of rubber stamp and you had to open and close the ds several time to make the full picture appear.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1