• Replies 658
  • Likes 4

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll be the odd ball of the bunch and say that I actually like the design. And the reason why they didn't make it a clamshell is because it's cheaper this way.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll be the odd ball of the bunch and say that I actually like the design. And the reason why they didn't make it a clamshell is because it's cheaper this way.
And I'm guessing it won't break as easily if it's dropped.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Reminds me when I was laughed at for posting this in March 2011:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/2d-only-model-of-3ds.285358/

Now if it were clamshell I'd buy it but that design is horrible why make such a drastic change?
Also why not add a second joypad/thumb stick whatever they call it?
Nice work Ninty!

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Smart move, targeting the younger audience. Price tag of $129 which could be £99 with Pokemon x and y available. We are obviously not the target audience, so don't freak out over the design.

This will seriously boost hardware units and Pokemon.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this wouldn't be so bad if they kept the clap shell design. One weird this I noticed is that it has two camera lenses on the back like the 3ds for taking 3d photos. So it can still take 3d photos/movies but not view them or is this required for AR functionality or what?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Now if it were clamshell I'd buy it but that design is horrible why make such a drastic change?
Because that design is cheaper and sturdier, and Reggie said the 2DS was aimed at children ages 5-6, so design took a back seat to sturdiness and drop-resistance.

Reactions: NEP and Arras

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow so they keep all the exclusive limited edition 3DS' for Japan but give us this shit? If you look closer at the picture you see it only has 1 Speaker (shitty sound confirmed).

SHUT+UP+AND+GIVE+ME+YOUR+MONEY.+Give+him+what_cc935c_4087231.jpg

INB4 People realize nintendo did this already when they tried to sell The Gameboy Micro to ppl who didn't like the Gameboy Advance SP. Look how succesful that turned out to be.

8662335133590878.JPG

Acetonide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm... Well, 2DS makes sense in terms of naming.
1. It's only 2D.
2. It still has dual screens.
3. It's kind of the in-between of DS and 3DS, much like how a x.5 of games and manga chapters comes out occasionally to tell what happened in between or something..

My issues.
-It's a portable/handheld device.. It does not look as if it will fit in my pocket. Not in the least. Everything from GameGear to Game Boy to the original DS and PSP have fit in the majority of my pockets but I think if I tried my pockets would give up on life and dump all my [stuff] out on the street.
-Also, as it's lacking in a clam shell design it lost brings out a problem that they fixed when they designed the GBA SP. There isn't anything in the design to protect the screens.
-Lastly, probably not a big deal for most people.. But paranoid people like me prefer a hardware switch to turn off all connectivity. Dx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay