• Likes 4

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yuck!

The lack of 3D, meh whatever, the lack of clamshell, though.... sheesh, screen scratch magnet city.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Son has a 3DS and quite often is urging me to buy another just so I can play games with him. I don't really need or want a 3DS but if this is as cheap as F then I might consider it just for that purpose.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No surprise (but the design is fucking ugly). Parents are most concerned with the 3D feature and some don't know of the 3D lock in parental controls (read the fucking instruction book for the sake of the gods).

tbgtbg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So new circle pad pro design incoming?

Did the one for the XL ever even get released (in America, I mean)?

I just wish with all that added space, they would add a second control pad.

Screw that, with all that extra space they should've put back the GBA slot! :wacko:

Jerret Douglass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are forgetting the whole point of this system. This is not intended to be bought by older gamers who already have a 3DS system. This is intended to be bought for younger kids. It is safer for younger kids not to use the 3D function (point of no 3D) and the design was made this way and not clam shell because they needed something sturdy that could be tossed around because young kids are careless. I can't count how many DS/3DS I have seen that young kids broke the top screen on and with this new design kids will actually have to try to break it. Not to mention this comes out the same day as the new Pokemon games and that is a brilliant business move. I can't count the number of people that have said "I am getting a 3DS just for Pokemon.'. Now they can save $40-$70 depending on what model of 3DS they were going to get and pick up Pokemon X or Y on the same day and save a nice chunk of money. You do need to remember the kid department of DS/3DS is much bigger than the older market (teen to adult) and this is a safe and sturdier way to present this console to kids. Parents will love it because it won't break and it is safe for them to use. Good move.

RedCoreZero

Creativity is Power
Banned
Trophies
Website
Google.com
XP
Country
United States
Wait!! There is another problem with this thing, not only is it ugly as hell and doesn't it make any sense to remove the 3d functionallity with the 3ds...

The huge problem is, will developpers be motivated to keep creating awesome 3d graphics? Zelda OoT looked beautiful in 3D but when this 2DS sells good I'm afraid developers will be like, "why create 3d graphics? Half of the people CANT use them and most of the others don't"

All they really need to do is add two cameras not that hard

Jerret Douglass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All they really need to do is add two cameras not that hard

That won't happen. If you bothered watching any of the video for the 2DS you would know this was aimed at for younger kids. The 3D function of the 3DS can be dangerous to young kids so they took it out and made a sturdier design kids can't easily break.

tbgtbg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are forgetting the whole point of this system. This is not intended to be bought by older gamers who already have a 3DS system. This is intended to be bought for younger kids. It is safer for younger kids not to use the 3D function (point of no 3D) and the design was made this way and not clam shell because they needed something sturdy that could be tossed around because young kids are careless. I can't count how many DS/3DS I have seen that young kids broke the top screen on and with this new design kids will actually have to try to break it. Not to mention this comes out the same day as the new Pokemon games and that is a brilliant business move. I can't count the number of people that have said "I am getting a 3DS just for Pokemon.'. Now they can save $40-$70 depending on what model of 3DS they were going to get and pick up Pokemon X or Y on the same day and save a nice chunk of money. You do need to remember the kid department of DS/3DS is much bigger than the older market (teen to adult) and this is a safe and sturdier way to present this console to kids. Parents will love it because it won't break and it is safe for them to use. Good move.

So instead of breaking the hinge they can just scratch the screens to hell. In either event goodbye handheld.

ninditsu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would you even need a second circle pad for? Hardly no games use it except for maybe like Monster Hunter, but even that game is very much playable without it.
That's debatable.

For me, after getting the Circle Pad Pro, I can't play MH3 without it.
Although, I won't need a 2DS anytime soon.

Aqua1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can see what they're trying to do with this handheld, and I don't blame them. It looks pretty cool in my opinion, and that price cut on the wii u. Oh man, I'm tempted to pick that baby up :P.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Initially I was surprised by this but I am now thinking it is kind of brilliant.

3DS is doing very well and I think this will help it. I only have one 3DS right now and I am really thinking about getting one of these for my kids so that they will leave my XL alone. Ditching the 3D feature to lower the manufacturing cost and getting a cheaper entry level device out there is a smart move. There are may 3DS games and this price point may convince many people to get one who have stayed away. Handhelds really sell a ton to parents who buy them for their kids and being able to play the latest and greatest games with the lower price point.....this could be the nail in the coffin for the DS models.

From what I read this does have the 2 cameras and can shoot 3d photos and video, the screen just can't display it. You can transfer them to a 3DS and see them in 3D....seems kind of pointless but I guess the manufacturing cost of the second camera was pretty cheap.

Super Mario 3D land may be the only game that misses anthing important on this model.

It does make me sad that this is likley a sign we won't be getting 3D wii U games. It is going to suck for me not being able to play SUper Mario 3d world in 3D.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am gonna pre-order 2 for my little bros :)
Was gonna get them used 3DS so might aswell get them brand new 2DS with Pokemon Y and Y :D Cuz I am getting X :P

Lol, hold on there. Let them choose. If I was a little kid I would rather the used 3DS. Nowadays little kids are cruel, you wouldn't want them to get teased now would you? Ask them first and try not so make it sound so cool lol.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I can only add the same thing to the 12 pages that are already there...

WHAT THE HELL KIND OF JOKE IS THIS???

-terrible name: check (so a 2DS is a 3DS without 3D that plays 3DS cartridges and DS ones? Right. Gotcha. Here's another question: didn't anyone tell you how fucking CONFUSING this gets?).
-harder to carry around in your pocket: check
-remove the 3DS effect: check

I can't wait for the follow-up: the 1DS. It will play 3DS, 2DS and DS games, will have the shape of an hedgehog and will display in black and white for no reason whatsoever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc