Nintendo announces official Adjustable Charging Stand for the Switch

Switch-Charge-Stand_05-09-18.jpg

If you've ever wanted to play your Nintendo Switch in tabletop mode while it charges, but have been held back by the unwieldy charging cable, fear not, as Nintendo will be releasing an official charging dock for the Switch. Called the Adjustable Charging Stand, it'll do as the name suggests, and be a dock for the Switch that can be tilted to different angles, letting players use the Switch in tabletop mode while still connected to the charger. You can plug the USB-C Switch charging cord into the stand, and then place the Switch on top. It'll retail on Nintendo's official online store for $19.99 on July 13.

The angle of the stand can also be adjusted to create the best viewing angle for different environments.

Nintendo Switch can be played in three modes: TV mode, Handheld mode and Tabletop mode. Tabletop mode lets players set up the Nintendo Switch system to play games on the go without the need for a TV. The compact and sturdy stand will work with any flat surface, like a tray table on an airplane or a dorm room desk. While not required, the adjustable charging stand makes playing in Tabletop mode more convenient.

For more information about Nintendo Switch, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox
:arrow: Product Page

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
do you guys still remember when people update using Gateway Flashcard clone and bricked their 3ds?? pretty sure it was Ninty's conspiracy behind all those Switch bricks aimed to slash/kill all 3rd party docks
It is not a conspiracy. Nintendo changed the power delivery so that 3th party docks wouldn't work well atleast they hoped. That is a fact and there is documented proof of that

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No you mixed some things up.
The docking station that is connected to your TV will also charge your Switch.

There is a little kickstand on the back of the Switch so you can play with it on a table for example, but since the charging port is on the bottom, you can't charge while playing like that (called tabletop mode).
This stand is a fix for that issue.

Did that make more sense? :)
Hell yes , lol, i get it now, i never use mine that way , only on the TV or i hold it and play mairo kart in bed with headphone one etc , which is why it never been a problem for me

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It is not a conspiracy. Nintendo changed the power delivery so that 3th party docks wouldn't work well atleast they hoped. That is a fact and there is documented proof of that
Apple did the same thing with the iPones iPads and iPods all the dock makers had to get new parts from apple to make new versions of speaker dock because apple was not getting any $$$ from they , so they changed the dock connector and put a 2 chip system in place ie if the dock did not have the chip to talk to the iPhone etc it would work on that dock, there was and still is a big 3rd party range of products for apple gear , apple as not getting any $$$ from it so they changed the docks etc so they did get $$$ i can see other company's doing this , like ninty

Reactions: kumikochan

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hell yes , lol, i get it now, i never use mine that way , only on the TV or i hold it and play mairo kart in bed with headphone one etc , which is why it never been a problem for me

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Apple did the same thing with the iPones iPads and iPods all the dock makers had to get new parts from apple to make new versions of speaker dock because apple was not getting any $$$ from they , so they changed the dock connector and put a 2 chip system in place ie if the dock did not have the chip to talk to the iPhone etc it would work on that dock, there was and still is a big 3rd party range of products for apple gear , apple as not getting any $$$ from it so they changed the docks etc so they did get $$$ i can see other company's doing this , like ninty
Yeah it is called Anti consumer practices

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch is cheap. People complaining about this thing are way too entitled. Just don't buy it, do ppl really play their switch in table top mode for hours on end? I highly doubt it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I like how Nintendo is fixing their obvious design boo-boo with another brick you have to buy. How's about you add a charge port somewhere sensible on the next revision, hmm? This was a point of contention for me from day 1 and everyone said it wasn't a big deal, now I see the same people clapping for this.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's great they are finally offering an option, over a year after release for charging in tabletop mode. I'm sure most users haven't already purchased their own adaptable stand by now that desired it /s.

I personally can't really stand playing in tabletop mode though. The joycons are too tiny by themselves for my liking but feel great when attached in handheld mode, so I'd rather just play in handheld mode anyway.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The Switch is cheap. People complaining about this thing are way too entitled. Just don't buy it, do ppl really play their switch in table top mode for hours on end? I highly doubt it.
Actually I prefer tabletop mode. Won't be buying this, though. As it lacks the proper options.

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
this is meaningless without an HDMI-out. you can go on aliexpress and find a plastic dock that you just use USB-C cable with to charge the switch, for like $4.

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I prefer tabletop mode. Won't be buying this, though. As it lacks the proper options.
Actually there are some games that require you to detach the joycons (mario oddyssey) and I can easily play three or more hours BOTW on bed.

Yes, I should've chose my words more carefully. I sympathize for your Switch charging woes.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how Nintendo is fixing their obvious design boo-boo with another brick you have to buy. How's about you add a charge port somewhere sensible on the next revision, hmm? This was a point of contention for me from day 1 and everyone said it wasn't a big deal, now I see the same people clapping for this.
That's the nintendo fanbase for ya.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
this is meaningless without an HDMI-out. you can go on aliexpress and find a plastic dock that you just use USB-C cable with to charge the switch, for like $4.
The fact you've said this means you don't know what this is, or even does.

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They gotta make profit off it somehow lol. That's just how capitalism works.

They already took $300 dollars for the switch itself, and an extra $60 per game.

milking the fuck out of it, and then some

...Not complaining though. They deliver. Mostly.

NGT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you've ever wanted to play your Nintendo Switch in tabletop mode while it charges, but have been held back by the unwieldy charging cable, fear not, as Nintendo will be releasing an official charging dock for the Switch. Called the Adjustable Charging Stand, it'll do as the name suggests, and be a dock for the Switch that can be tilted to different angles, letting players use the Switch in tabletop mode while still connected to the charger. You can plug the USB-C Switch charging cord into the stand, and then place the Switch on top. It'll retail on Nintendo's official online store for $19.99 on July 13.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox
:arrow: Product Page
FINNALY! where was this alll year?!?!?

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The user DeslotlCL can be a hater in every post for Nintendo Switch if he can
Yeah bro, considering i have actually defended the switch in a few occasions... sure...

To make things clear, im actually in a gray area about the switch, which means that even if i like the console, i can still see it flaws and criticize nintendo awfull decicions such as the online memebership and... this thing...

Clapping at every decision they make, licking their boots at every shitty move they do just shows how fanboy you can be... You can love nintendo, i do too since i was a kid, but you dont have to love every non consumer friendly practice they do...

Reactions: DarthDub

dogmarch

Potato Warrior - Anti Zombie
Trophies
XP
Country
I bet they left out hdmi so they can still sell the dock for triple the price. Why didnt they design the dock this way to begin with? ;_;

Reactions: DarthDub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol