Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not F-Zero Wii, Kid Icarus, Mole Mania 2 (yeah I dream too much) nor is it StarFox...its Wii Party.

Oh GTFO

QUOTE said:
Wii Sports led to Wii Play. Wii Play brought us to Wii Fit, then Wii Music. The next major Wii-branded game from Nintendo is also a Mario Party successor. Ready for Wii Party?

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata revealed the new game in a presentation to investors this week as part of a show of confidence about Nintendo's upcoming game line-up. The user-made avatars for the Wii, your Miis, will be the stars of this party game.

"As you know, 'Wii something' are the titles that we use only with software that Nintendo has developed exclusively for Wii with the aim to make them marquee titles for Wii," Iwata said. "We are developing this game with the aim to make it a marquee party game for Wii.

"The developers are spending significant time for this title so that they can include elements that are must-haves in a party game as well as making sure that adequate volume of game play are available. We are developing it with the intent that every Wii player will be able to find a game that can be enjoyed. In a game play mode called 'Living Party,' there are unique game play only available with the Wii Remote."

Iwata boasted that some 160-million Miis have been created by Wii owners in the U.S., Japan and parts of Europe, making it "a natural move for your Miis and your friends' and family members' Miis to show up in a Wii party games."

Iwata referred to Wii Party as the company's first "marquee party game" since 2007's Mario Party 8. He said the game will be out during Nintendo's current financial year, which ends on March 31, 2010. We're checking with Nintendo of America to see if the game will be coming to the U.S.

Translation of the above Wii Party menu by Kotaku:
Red bar: "Standard Party For 1-4 Players"
Red bar images: Sugoroku, "International Vacation Game", "Mii-jyan", Roulette, Bingo
Orange bar: "Pair Game Recommended for 2 players"
Orange bar images: Compatibility Check, Balance Ship, Match Mii
Green box: "Living Party"
Bottom row of icons: "Ask for a recommendation", "See the records/high scores", "Play mini-games"

500x_wiipartyboat.jpg

500x_wiiparty.jpg

Alright well the two Wii Sports titles were pretty excellent but Wii Fit (first one), Wii Music & Wii Play were dreadful. I could hope that this is more of the quality of Wii Sports.

Reposting Kotaku Is What Real Men Do

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
This? THIS WAS THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT?! God damn it, Nintendo. I should punch you in the nuts for this. Where's my ****ing Starfox game? Where the hell's F-Zero? New 2D DS Metroid? Why the hell is this bollocks such a high priority for you? God ****ing damn it.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What concerns me is that putting "Wii" in front of it to them means it'll make more money then putting "Mario" in front of it.

Coming soon: Super Wii Galaxy! All the character from the Mario games GONE so you can play as your generic Mii character.

A bit of a overreaction I'm sure but this move to me sounds like something from a lesser publishing company then "The Big N".

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gaydrian said:
What concerns me is that putting "Wii" in front of it to them means it'll make more money then putting "Mario" in front of it.

Coming soon: Super Wii Galaxy! All the character from the Mario games GONE so you can play as your generic Mii character.

A bit of a overreaction I'm sure but this move to me sounds like something from a lesser publishing company then "The Big N".

That's because it looks mainstream and then the casual gamer will buy it quicker. So yeah, profit. It's sad.. That's why I'd actually bought my Xbox360 in the first place.

"What about the hardcore gamers Ninty?"
unsure.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sanderino said:
unsure.gif
Metroid Other M
Mario Galaxy 2
Sin & Punishment 2
Xenoblade
The Last Story
New Zelda
New Pikmin

More than what most publishers have done but still I want more then them.
wink.gif

I suspect that a lot of teams are working hard on 3DS titles but it does seem like a bigger push this year from Nintendo on the "hardcore" front though to me "hardcore" is a somewhat retarded name for them, games are games end of.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sanderino said:
unsure.gif

There are very few "hardcore gamers" (stupid term) playing games anymore. A "hardcore gamer" loves GAMES, and isn't a fanboy/fangirl. The hardware merely exists as a means to play those games, and a "hardcore gamer" tries to own them all so they can play anything that interests them. The Wii would be of great interest to a "hardcore gamer", as the difference in control scheme makes for games that they can't (yet, anyway) play on another platform. They also can't play games made by Nintendo anywhere else either.

At the end of the day, Nintendo is still successfully catering to many different markets. The same company brings you the Nintendo magic with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M, brings you bizarre games like Sin & Punishment 2, and games for everyone like Wii Party. So what? E3 is still happening in June, and Nintendo is likely to stick out their cock with a big helping of Zelda or some other major franchise to keep the faithful salivating. They always do.

The term "hardcore gamer" really makes me barf. Playing an Xbox and crapping on Wii doesn't make you "hardcore" -- it makes you an idiot.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
naglaro00 said:
I'm sick of this "Wii Crap" series... Wii Music isn't even that fun.
Wii Play and Wii Sports Resort are pretty good in my opinion.
And again, this doesn't mean this game is the "big" story on ONM or NP.

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
lilsypha said:
The term "hardcore gamer" really makes me barf. Playing an Xbox and crapping on Wii doesn't make you "hardcore" -- it makes you an idiot.

I don't like the term either. But it's used by a lot to refer a gamer you described. ]

You mean me? I don't crap on the Wii. I just prefer Xbox over Wii now. Because in my opinion I saw to many casual games. Does that make me an idiot? Because that's my opinion.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Sanderino said:
unsure.gif

Hardcore gamers are just people who play their games night and day, it is totally irrelevant as you can play wii sports the whole day too.

So I don't know what you are talking about.

And Nintendo isn't really giving up on their old "less-casual" gamers base, if they did, every game would allow you to play as your Mii and use gimmicky controls while reusing the same content over and over again. Sounds familiar? Shovelware.

And they wouldn't even look for innovation in controls, making their games with control pad will still sell and need less development than accelerometers(not to mention an already wide library of games to "base on")

People expect more from Ninty since they set the bar extremely high in the past, when they produce less of their big titles people start to over-react. It's not wrong to become corporate minded, that's why it's a corporate you know? The more it expands, the more shareholders and more pressure to gain profit.

At least ninty still churns out many great games, along with decent ones(not all of these titles are bad, or so I heard).

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I´m thinking, after 3 years owning a Wii, maybe, just maybe I should spend a couple more Euros and buy a PS3 or an X360...

Nintendo, damn you!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sanderino said:
Because in my opinion I saw to many casual games. Does that make me an idiot? Because that's my opinion.
you might not like these games but it's these games that sell the most these days peeps are getting very tired of shooters (i know I am). that's why both sony and m$ are making motion controls to try and tap into nintendos casual market. a console cannot survive alone on just hardcore games sony and m$ have finally figured this out and are desperatly trying to get into the casual market. but it's too late now this gen is coming to an end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.