Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo 3DS source code leaked

3ds.png

Two in a row today!

The item of interest, barely four hours after the last major drop, consists of partial source code for the Nintendo 3DS family updated as of October 2014:

• Source code for the 3DS bootroms and kernels, including modules (drivers) for 3DS mode.
  • Precompiled DSi and GBA bootroms (the latter being the NDS variant).
  • Source code for most developer titles, including many not directly released to licensed developers.

The above list is the result of a cursory analysis: it may contain inaccuracies. However, notably, it does not contain any regular system application or applet, meaning the inevitable question about what this means for the 300 icon limit can already be answered.

ctr.7z - SHA1: 67026A413E08577B9F174168A7F02A8751571E87 - info-hash: 6efb571ce3eec59dfa6d6627da6581292a3e6a57

[platform=/platform/3ds]Old Nintendo 3DS[/platform]

Last edited by Ryccardo, , Reason: fixed link

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just curious,
What is "the last major drop" that is mentioned which happened earlier today? Since I can't find a news article on front page

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just curious,
What is "the last major drop" that is mentioned which happened earlier today? Since I can't find a news article on front page
Click "Generation 4" at the bottom of the article ;)

Time to update the HTTPS module to use newer TLS I guess.
Would be an interesting effort, however note that this isn't the 11.13 source code, it dates to probably more than half of the total number of useless updates ago! :D

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Fun stuff (I hope I'm not breaking the rules):
most of the documentation is in Japanese (duh)
there is something called "Nintendo Serendipitous Archive (NSA) " , so yes they were joking about the various surveillance agencies during development;
the dsi probably supports NTRboot, and the combination should be "closed lid (or magnet) +X+START+SELECT"
i should probably do my own research, but if someone knows where the dsi bootroms are located it would be nice to compare them to the available dumps

Followup 2

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Reputable friends of mine have informed me of a fourth release for today, called ctr-etc. I am in the progress of verifying it and will update this post later!

----

ctr-etc.7z (SHA1: 59304A1A23A6FC16D76C0F41F278E0764D138939)
stupidly contains ctr.tar (SHA1: C8BCC8F9217224C383B724BD4B285811CA3EDCBB)
which contains a stupid mix of files:
  • Wii IOS55 (retail and developer) source, apparently including some keys for arcade Wii derivatives
  • 3DS security documentation by BroadOn
  • Very early 3DS SDKs and associated files from the 2000s (note that the 3DS project dates back to 2006 and this material is fundamentally incompatible with the system we have all heard of)
  • DSi cryptography libraries
Interestingly the date on these files (2018-4-16) may be indicative of the original intrusion into Nintendo servers.

Last edited by Ryccardo,

ItsMetaKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How did those Z-move bracelets communicate with Sun and Moon? I'm sure it wasn't bluetooth built into the cart since it worked with digital copies as well. Did you have to be connected via wifi? I was under the impression that you didn't need to be online to make use of the rumble functionality.
They worked by sound.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Education! (Learning how the system works)

you mean an inaccurate HLE?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes after they figure out a way to physically fit a bluetooth card...

I have a modded 3DS I kinda didn't see the point of playing 3DS over the computer lol but I heard it was pretty good but idk if modders can make a better version of the 3DS with the source code.. idk

RivenMain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that's the guy that made freeshop.

Your Talking about TheCruel who got sentenced for 20 yrs. RyanRocks/ Hernandez is only known for editing a cia file for people wanting to hack their 3ds that was still being tested for bricks that would let him traffic all information and gather it off your system.
And now the CP stuff.

I don't think he's ever been beneficial in gbatemp just a nuisance.

Edit: they both are known for cp so understandable to get them confused.. It's not a good image nintendo hackers. Must be the lewd Splatoons xD

Last edited by RivenMain,

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Click "Generation 4" at the bottom of the article ;)

Would be an interesting effort, however note that this isn't the 11.13 source code, it dates to probably more than half of the total number of useless updates ago! :D

Was more of a joke, since looking at this would make it illegal to distribute as far as I know.

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Serves them right. They where dicks in the past and still are.
No, that was Cruel. He's referring to RyanRocks. Unfortunately pedophilia has been a running theme in the Nintendo scene.

I'm glad somebody said it. This is what many were hoping for out of the other previous leaks. Emulator developers stride to not be illegal, and quite honestly, using stolen sources would really impact the spirit of emulation.
No but it can help to understand the system better.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmm a game for kids, that grown men play that are pedophiles, didn't see that coming. :rolleyes:
I fail to see the correlation. With that logic, we're all pedophiles. I think it's more coincidence and the fact that the internet has become so much more vast than it was 10 years ago. RyanRocks was also a 17 year old, and it's more likely that he had nudes of some 15 year old because kids are idiots. Cruel was a true blue pedophile, and actively hosted CP on a server he ran.
No but it can help to understand the system better.
Oh definitely. This is better than reverse engineering and can absolutely be built upon.

Last edited by Joom,

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Two in a row today!

The item of interest, barely four hours after the last major drop, consists of partial source code for the Nintendo 3DS family updated as of October 2014:

• Source code for the 3DS bootroms and kernels, including modules (drivers) for 3DS mode.
  • Precompiled DSi and GBA bootroms (the latter being the NDS variant).
  • Source code for most developer titles, including many not directly released to licensed developers.

The above list is the result of a cursory analysis: it may contain inaccuracies. However, notably, it does not contain any regular system application or applet, meaning the inevitable question about what this means for the 300 icon limit can already be answered.

ctr.7z - SHA1: 67026A413E08577B9F174168A7F02A8751571E87 - info-hash: 6efb571ce3eec59dfa6d6627da6581292a3e6a57

[platform=/platform/3ds]Old Nintendo 3DS[/platform]
FUCK YES
FUCK YES
FUCK YES

RivenMain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fail to see the correlation. With that logic, we're all pedophiles. I think it's more coincidence and the fact that the internet has become so much more vast than it was 10 years ago. RyanRocks was also a 17 year old, and it's more likely that he had nudes of some 15 year old because kids are idiots. Cruel was a true blue pedophile, and actively hosted CP on a server he ran.

But it said he had over 1000 images/ vids of CP Sure when I was 15 chicks sent me pics of themselves, but that's too much for a player to have. He was script writer who stole info from others. So that folder was data from individuals without acknowledgement. At the age of 17 you can be charged as an adult. I don't think the Judge would toss the book at you for having a couple nudes of your girlfriend.

Last edited by RivenMain,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended