Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo 3DS source code leaked

3ds.png

Two in a row today!

The item of interest, barely four hours after the last major drop, consists of partial source code for the Nintendo 3DS family updated as of October 2014:

• Source code for the 3DS bootroms and kernels, including modules (drivers) for 3DS mode.
  • Precompiled DSi and GBA bootroms (the latter being the NDS variant).
  • Source code for most developer titles, including many not directly released to licensed developers.

The above list is the result of a cursory analysis: it may contain inaccuracies. However, notably, it does not contain any regular system application or applet, meaning the inevitable question about what this means for the 300 icon limit can already be answered.

ctr.7z - SHA1: 67026A413E08577B9F174168A7F02A8751571E87 - info-hash: 6efb571ce3eec59dfa6d6627da6581292a3e6a57

[platform=/platform/3ds]Old Nintendo 3DS[/platform]

Last edited by Ryccardo, , Reason: fixed link

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I fail to see the correlation. With that logic, we're all pedophiles. I think it's more coincidence and the fact that the internet has become so much more vast than it was 10 years ago. RyanRocks was also a 17 year old, and it's more likely that he had nudes of some 15 year old because kids are idiots. Cruel was a true blue pedophile, and actively hosted CP on a server he ran.

I don't know man you said this

Unfortunately pedophilia has been a running theme in the Nintendo scene.

I'm just connecting the dots you provided. You are just sprinkling dots everywhere.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So much leaks, wtf is happening?
I'm not even surprised if the switch source code leak anytime soon.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only skimmed through for the first page. What haven't been mentioned.

With source code, those bootlegs makers can make bootleg console based on modified source code. They can build hardware rather than relying on emulation on existing hardware. Me imagine a 3DS that look like NVidia Shield that can use SSD as storage! :ph34r:

Last edited by tivu100,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the dsi probably supports NTRboot, and the combination should be "closed lid (or magnet) +X+START+SELECT"
That might be neat – but hasn't the DSi bootrom been dumped already? If there were secrets like that, they would probably be known by now.

Finally, I'll be able to witness the most stable code in the world.
Ooh, I bet it's like True Level.

Reactions: DSoryu

qweasdgo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kind of sad to think this leak (since this + everything else are supposedly part of the same thing, just being publicly released in a drip feed) is forever tainted somewhat, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t it generally assumed the dude that hacked into Nintendo’s servers a few years back where after being identified the police came to confiscate/search his computer only to find out he also had CP on it was behind this?
wrong guy

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd think Ninty would have known better from the recent orig. Xbox leak earlier this week in addition to their prior shortcomings with their Wii era source code leak, but I guess they'll never learn.

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
People keep saying YEY! Emulation is gonna be more accurate and all that shit.

BUT, while emulation itself is not Illegal, it cant use proprietary code. or can (in secret?)
It will be like Fight Club: You don't talk about?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah, they wont include the code in their emulators, but they can very much look at documentation, take out all the guesswork and improve the thing that way.

grey72

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The 3DS is recent enough that we might get something out of this from china. IDK what though, Flashcart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-