VVVVVV PSP?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by TyBlood13, Sep 2, 2012.

Sep 2, 2012

VVVVVV PSP? by TyBlood13 at 1:27 AM (2,396 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. TyBlood13
    OP

Member TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

United States
    I truly enjoyed playing Cave Story on my psp go. I also really enjoyed VVVVVV on my PC. Cave Story is a "simple" PC game, right? so is VVVVVV, right? Would it be possible to make a homebrew port for psp? t'was a thought...
    I don't know much about programming or anything of the sort, but I would learn to make this for the Homebrew scene. any help would be welcome.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Ports of compiled programs require the source. In the case of Cave Story the person who ported it got the source from the author.

Somebody will have to contact the guy that made VVVVVV and get the source from him in order to port it, but I don't think that's going to happen as it's a paid game.

3. TyBlood13
    OP

Member TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

United States
    Damn, good idea put up, and shot down. But I see that reasoning and oh well. btw how is it still legal to download the psp version along with the original pc version, because now there is the + version on steam and Wii, DSi, and 3DS ports/remakes?

4. Gnargle

Member Gnargle The day I set a profile picture is the day I die

United Kingdom
    Because Pixel decides exactly what rights each user has, and if he wants to make the PC version and PSP version freely available while an outside publisher sells 3D/+ versions, he can. It's his IP, so he has control over it.

2 people like this.
  5. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    In addition to all the above problems, VVVVVV has a smaller fanbase than Cave Story.

6. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    Just buy the 3DS version, it's really great.

7. Mario92

Member Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Finland
    VVVVVV has been on Humble Bundle at least two times already with steam keys and OST which also applies to Cave Story+ so I personally think it's kinda pointless to port it to PSP as you could have had them cheaply and played them even on older computer running any OS and controller.
    PSP is already last generation of mobile gaming and doesn't have much power to run more modern games. Like it or not most of indie developers has chosen Android and Humble Bundle had Android 3 bundle not long ago. Bigger companies has chosen iOS which latest addition was TWEWY -single mix- which makes me angry as Android user.

8. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Eh, VVVVVV's pretty light. Simplistic physics engine (physics mostly applied to the players with no complex rebound interactions) and the only special effects used seem to be forms of palette changes or full-screen flashes.

9. MadHouse38

Member MadHouse38 GBAtemp Regular

Yugoslavia
    I agree with this.