untitled1.png

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS will do very well for itself, of that I'm sure. But I still maintain that I will not bother with a 3DS until a 100% compatible flashcart is developed for it. I'm done buying video games that ultimately disappoint me. If a flashcart never happens on the 3DS, then I'll never get one. Simple as that.

I also didn't care for that talk of "always on" WiFi. I NEVER use the WiFi on my current DS other than very rare web browser use.

Then there's that deal for me where unless I hit the lottery or something, I'll never be able to afford the operation to put an artificial lens and iris in my bad eye (car battery explosion in 1991) to restore my sight in that eye, so I'll never see the 3D effect is has anyway. I'll have to take a pic of myself someday so you guys can see my bad eye.

As far as the 3DS games.......that didn't look "near the power of an PS3 or 360 to me", that was obviously BS. It's Gamecube or Wii graphics at best. That's good enough for a handheld device though. Sadly, I didn't see any shmups being mentioned other than them showing a Starfox ship floating by.

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't usually get suckered into all the hype around stuff like this but I gotta say I'm excited about it! It looks like a sexy little device and I like the idea of it periodically searching for other 3DS', I assume an alert of some sort will sound if it finds one.

Motion Sensor and Gyro is a nice addition, as is the analogue stick plus the top-heavy design looks different, but in a good way! I would like some more information on the CPU clock speed/Architecture and amount of RAM inside it but the main thing for me is battery life, how long between charges? And how long 'til I need a new battery completely? I suppose those questions will be answered in time...

I'm not going to order one yet, I'm going to wait until the 3DSLite!
laugh.gif

EDIT: Holy Sh*t! Lot's of posting going on while I was posting...

Opium said:

Hurrah, QVGA and WPA2! Splendid! Shame about the VGA camera(s) though...

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cant believe they wouldnt show any 3ds gameplay on TV (I mean an actually game playing on the 3ds, not game videos)

supervenice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Holy crap, just had another orgasm. It looks awesome and just saw the Kid Icarus trailer...can't believe we're getting such nice graphics.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill