Nintendo 3DS Official USB Charger coming this September!

Froster

Your Music Producer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The popular e-commerce site MightyApe New Zealand has entered in advance of its next catalog a charger with a USB cable directly produced by Nintendo for the Nintendo 3DS console family.

The charger consists of a wall outlet and a separate wire, connected to the USB socket at one end and the Nintendo 3DS at the other end. Unfortunately there aren't any available official images yet.

The date of release of the new charger, according to the site MightyApe, is the 30th of September and it will be available at a price of $13.99 ( €12.35 ca. ).
Source

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nintendo charging $13.99 for a USB charger when you can just get one for $3.82 from amazon right now.
Not sure I would trust a $3.82 USB charger, cheap chargers tend to have some very sketchy internals (devoid of most or all safety components, lacking proper separation between AC and DC that could in a worst case scenario short and cause your 3DS and/or charger to catch on fire)

loco365

Trophies
XP
Not sure I would trust a $3.82 USB charger, cheap chargers tend to have some very sketchy internals (devoid of most or all safety components, lacking proper separation between AC and DC that could in a worst case scenario short and cause your 3DS and/or charger to catch on fire)
+1. I'd rather get a first party charger and make sure it works rather than get one that might have a few bypasses in it that could put not only my device but my home at risk, especially if it catches fire.

Reactions: migles

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new mini NES must use the same cord as the 3DS. That's good!

Now let's hope all their products start using one unified cord...

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The new mini NES must use the same cord as the 3DS. That's good!

Now let's hope all their products start using one unified cord...
Nintendo have teach us to have hope.. their new slogan should be ''Nintendo will nake you dream.. we give you hope!"

But in all seriousness, indeed it would be nice if they start using the same cable for all to come.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got a .79 cents cable for my 3ds that bought on ebay, and using a 2amp av adapter, got almost 2 years with it, 0 issues.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

It only took Nintendo five years to finally release a USB charging cable. Wow.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I overpaid for my Energizer branded DSLite/3DS dual-head USB charger, but it's a wall charger that converts to a car charger, which is pretty badass, and there's quality to it. I feel those features are justified in the price I paid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021