Nintedno files patent for Gameboy classic

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azaroth a few posts above yours said: AFAIK, who started all this minio classic consoles was the atari flashback, folowedf by the at games' genesis

That was my reply. I think I remember that Jakks (the TV games maker) had a deal with Namco and had one of those Pac-Man multi arcade units out first before the Atari 2600 stuff (the pre-flashback stuff as atgames does flashback.)

Reactions: jimmyj

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your joking right? heck they will put the crapiest and cheapest chip they can find since basicaly everything can emulate gb games even the fraking gba could emulate them if you wanted they will just put something under 200mhz cpu gpu on a chip and make it emulate gb lol.

heck nes and snes mini are less powerful than new 3ds by far and snes was way more powerful and with more requirements to emulate than gb games lol.

Uh..You may want to actually look into how the GBA handled GB games... Here's a hint. Not fucking emulation.

D

Deleted User

Uh..You may want to actually look into how the GBA handled GB games... Here's a hint. Not fucking emulation.
Well,yes. The GBA basically had the GB/GBC built into the Hardware. It switched between those modes.

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Uh, no. AFAIK, The 3ds doesn't have GBA hardware and the Wii U Definitely doesn't have a gamecube inside.
The Wii's hardware is an overlocked GC, so yes, it has GC hardware, that's how Nintendont works. And yes, the GBA "VC" ambassador titles run on GBA hardware within the 3DS, using AGB_FIRM.

D

Deleted User

The Wii's hardware is an overlocked GC, so yes, it has GC hardware, that's how Nintendont works. And yes, the GBA "VC" ambassador titles run on GBA hardware within the 3DS, using AGB_FIRM.
The 3DS has ARM Processor inside. They are similar but much more advanced than the one in the DS and GBA. Yeah, they hardcoded a GBA Firmware into the Processor to simulate the GBA.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
they have the same architeture that doesnt make it have the same hardware inside or else every ppc cpu would have a wii,gc and wiiu inside lol, they just use the cpu and such wich is same architeture but faster and make a firware for that console, that doesnt mean a wiiu has a gc inside is far from it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

gomba color is actualy a full fledged gbc emulator homebrewed in incase you didint knew it it uses the gba bios to do gbc emulation, you can even use it to inject on gbc games on wiiu gba injects and i can garantee you nintendo didnt made their gba emulator play gb roms, its a full fledged emulator search for it.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they have the same architeture that doesnt make it have the same hardware inside or else every ppc cpu would have a wii,gc and wiiu inside lol, they just use the cpu and such wich is same architeture but faster and make a firware for that console, that doesnt mean a wiiu has a gc inside is far from it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

gomba color is actualy a full fledged gbc emulator homebrewed in incase you didint knew it it uses the gba bios to do gbc emulation, you can even use it to inject on gbc games on wiiu gba injects and i can garantee you nintendo didnt made their gba emulator play gb roms, its a full fledged emulator search for it.

Maybe you should actually read the thread. He was saying the GBA emulated the GBC.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Maybe you should actually read the thread. He was saying the GBA emulated the GBC.
my point is that the gba hardware is more than enough to emulate a gb game, he thinks nintendo is gonna do a portable mini with like 2 ghz cpu to emulate 10 or 20 gb games when we know nes mini and snes mini hardware weak as it is already can emulate that without any issues lol why would they release a mini more powerful than a new3ds to emulate under 20 gb games? makes no sence.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my point is that the gba hardware is more than enough to emulate a gb game, he thinks nintendo is gonna do a portable mini with like 2 ghz cpu to emulate 10 or 20 gb games when we know nes mini and snes mini hardware weak as it is already can emulate that without any issues lol why would they release a mini more powerful than a new3ds to emulate under 20 gb games? makes no sence.

If a modern computer still has trouble emulating SNES accurately without using "cheats" then no... The GBA cannot emulate the GB. A GBA emulator emulating a GB is NOT the same.

D

Deleted User

True. Goomba Color is a good emulator considering its available resources.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is what I'd want a gameboy classic to be: form factor of the original GBA, with a good backlight, built in wireless linking, and for it to have 30 or so of the best titles spanning the GB, GBC, and GBA. (Seriously they better not start with a standard or color GB classic, and then a year later do a separate GBA classic, that would be unnecessary and frankly, pretty frustrating.)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If a modern computer still has trouble emulating SNES accurately without using "cheats" then no... The GBA cannot emulate the GB. A GBA emulator emulating a GB is NOT the same.
cmon your kidding who? nintendo doesnt make accurate emulators lol just see nes mini and snes mini they arent accurate at all thats why compat is very shoddy specialy on the snes, they dont need a 100% accurate emualtor to play 20 built in games and i can bet with you if you want their gb emulator will be everything but accurate lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: