Homebrew NinjHax 2.0 is out

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
CitrAGB fails because libkhax fails on 2.0, just as an FYI. I posted an interpreter only .3dsx which works fine.

Ok. I just find it odd that smealum included the libkhax version into his 2.0 starter pack. Now I just need to figure out why ftBRONY and general wireless communication screws up most of the time.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Well, I am grateful for all the work Smealum has done (and those involved) for releasing v2.0, but unfortunately, being one that's running firmware 9.2 on an o3DS, I'd be losing out on so many things by going with v2.0, like CitrAGB with dynarec, stable wireless connectivity (imo, since v2.0 seems hit-or-miss for me), and various other things that I haven't touched that I've thought about trying. If I were running with an n3DS or were at 9.3+, it would be one thing, but I'm in a position that going forward would be a disadvantage. Maybe once it's fleshed out more and can do more things, but not right now for me.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tested yet
Does anyone got any error(s) during install or using?
The major issue I've had is occasionally it will stall during a launch from Cubic Ninja and not make it to the homebrew menu. Happens at least 1 out of 4 attempts. I haven't tried a lot of apps yet, just theme installation and blargSNES (both are fine).

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still stuck on "homemenu ropbin" message, then crashes.
you need wifi turned on, had the same thing

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

blargsnes seems to run a little smoother, DKC feels awesome, and really no slowdown, only thing is some layers don't show up, if you turn off hardware in settings, all layers are there but it's really laggy. This is the only game I tested. Also PKY works flawlessly, I like how you can change to full screen now. FTP works great, mind you I'm using Filezilla on a ubuntu platform. Does anyone know if the portal clone only works on the n3ds' ?

Reactions: OctopusRift

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
is the source closed for ninjhax 2.0?

can seem to find it on git hub, just gonna take look if it's even possible to compile it for OOT3dhax like regionfour
It might work (doubt it). You first need to decrypt the payload.bin's with blowfish.py and blowfish_processed.bin (google).
In blowfish.py you need to change:
https://github.com/smealum/ninjhax/blob/master/scripts/blowfish.py#L58
ret=cipher(S,P,l,r,0) --> ret=cipher(S,P,l,r,1)

Then you just hope save00.bin actually loads the payload and works. (lol)

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: OctopusRift

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I know. I meant Smealum seems to not own SKY3DS, so ninjhax 2.0's only tested on

I have question: How do homebrew develop find firm keys? Do they spend time decrypt everything?
They find it in the SDK, they decrypt the firm, they know an insider etc.

Reactions: NeoSlyde

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
you need wifi turned on, had the same thing

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

blargsnes seems to run a little smoother, DKC feels awesome, and really no slowdown, only thing is some layers don't show up, if you turn off hardware in settings, all layers are there but it's really laggy. This is the only game I tested. Also PKY works flawlessly, I like how you can change to full screen now. FTP works great, mind you I'm using Filezilla on a ubuntu platform. Does anyone know if the portal clone only works on the n3ds' ?

With blargSNES and DKC, it's a problem with the 3DS's lack of certain texture features that results in what you saw. I did implement Color 0 changes per scanline (background color) into the blargSNES repository a while ago to partially fix this problem, but you'd need to compile/build that yourself in order to see the results.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof