Homebrew Ninjhax 2.0 is coming out VERY soon!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 106,548
  • Replies 1,198
  • Likes 6
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain the logic behind the claim of "disrespect" of releasing this software? Should I also withhold selling Nintendo products or using their web services? Heaven forbid I put any stress on Nintendo's delicate company due to a man who barely and tangentially even cared about ninjhax.

Do you guys also think you get seven years of bad luck after breaking a mirror? Christ...

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain the logic behind the claim of "disrespect" of releasing this software? Should I also withhold selling Nintendo products or using their web services? Heaven forbid I put any stress on Nintendo's delicate company due to a man who barely and tangentially even cared about ninjhax.

Do you guys also think you get seven years of bad luck after breaking a mirror? Christ...
He want to pay respects instead of disrupting this time of grieving. The head of his favorite company died on his damn birthday. He wants to wait a bit and let it sink in before he redirects any attention from him.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

It's ok if you're not emotionally affected by Iwata's passing, but a lot of others are. Smea just took the pulse of the community and thought it was in the better interest of the community to have a short delay. Releasing this when most people are in a downtrodden mood would have a detrimental impact on the reception of NH 2.0, and smea wisely identified that risk.

Two days man, you'll live.

Reactions: goober and Psi-hate

WateredFire19

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's ok if you're not emotionally affected by Iwata's passing, but a lot of others are. Smea just took the pulse of the community and thought it was in the better interest of the community to have a short delay. Releasing this when most people are in a downtrodden mood would have a detrimental impact on the reception of NH 2.0, and smea wisely identified that risk.

Two days man, you'll live.
Yeah, like seriously TheCruel. Smea did the right thing. Im dissapointed to. Very. But it was out of respect what smea did.

And oh boy two days, such a long wait :rolleyes:

And maybe even before two days.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, a few more days isn't gonna kill anyone. Either way, that'll give him more time to look at bugs, since I know he was under serious crunch time because of something that he discovered sort of last second. Might be for the better this way...also that being said, I think he's insane for ever having set a release date on it in the first place. Programming and hardware hacking as a hobby should never have set deadlines.

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just dont understand why it needs to be delayed two days. why not just one.
Honestly he sounded kind of rushed the last couple of days. It was probably for his benefit as well as ours.
Why did he delayed ninjhax? Iwata died the 11 of July not the 12
For Iwata's family it was yesterday, for the rest of the world it was today.

WateredFire19

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly he sounded kind of rushed the last couple of days. It was probably for his benefit as well as ours.

For Iwata's family it was yesterday, for the rest of the world it was today.

I just hope we get it either today (monday for me) or tommorow (tuesday for me).

Reactions: zoogie

goober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless multiple people are paying him $250 an hour they can just stfu and chill out. It's crap like this that make dedicated and super talented people in these scenes burn out and quit or just don't communicate anything at all.

Yes he doesn't owe us anything, yes we should figuratively worship the ground he walks on and the shits he takes as long as we use and enjoy his work. More importantly we should respect the time he does put into this HOBBY and move along with our lives while we wait to have some fun...

Reactions: WulfyStylez

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I'll just drop the n3ds version of playcoinsetter for 9.8 right here then. :P

Here's a little appetizer for NH 2.0.
It's mrCheez's playcoinsetter ported to the regionfour base (what NH 2.0 is based on).

It should work on new3ds 9.8 US/EUR although only tested on US 9.8. Just scan qr with cubic ninja with internet connection on. After pressing A, the app will crash to home menu and reset -- that's normal. It writes nothing to the CN save.

After NH 2.0 is released proper, I'll just delete it since a more proper coinsetter app will be available as a .3dsx.

US/EUR only
New 3ds 9.8/9.9 only (click to embiggen)
N3DS_WEST_19456.png
New 3ds 9.8/9.9 only (click to embiggen)

old3ds 9.8 version

Last edited by zoogie,

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well, to help along the healing process, I'll just now drop the n3ds version of playcoinsetter for 9.8 right here.
It's "The Day After" where I am anyway. :P

New 3ds 9.8 only (click to embiggen)
View attachment 21462
New 3ds 9.8 only (click to embiggen)

old3ds 9.8 version

I think it is just for US?9.8 Jp cubic ninja forced closed and showed error

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it is just for US?9.8 Jp cubic ninja forced closed and showed error
That's correct, just US/EUR.
Just wait a couple of days, then all 3 regions and 9.x firms can run playcoinsetter as a proper .3dsx app.
This is just an homebrew appetizer before the main course :P

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
A bad day.I'll miss Iwata.He makes fun for us.
He is a hardworking man.Now he can rest in peace finally

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I just dont understand why it needs to be delayed two days. why not just one.

I don't understand why all you impatient people need to have a whinge when someone doesn't release something NOW, just because you want it NOW.... stiff shit, it'll come out when smealum says it comes out, simple as that. He can delay it for months for all i care if he wants to and there's nothing all the whining in the world can do about it.
/endminirant...

Reactions: Ace001 and SLiV3R
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro