Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
bazamuffin said:
Who's the bigger remtard here? iSneeze, or everyone taking the bait? I mean, the guy can't even spell NINTENDO in this topic's title. Top and short, the Wii WASN'T released to compete with 360 and PS3. It was released as an AFFORDABLE, simple to use console that was accessible to all ages. One of their main aims was to bridge the gap between parents and kids to try and get them playing toegther, rather than sitting in their rooms whispering sweet nothings in friends ears via a headset

If you want a valid argument, start a PS3 vs 360 debate. Those were released to compete with each other

I like what you said
laugh.gif

Except the first 2 sentences
wacko.gif

D

Deleted User

You have a point Isneeze but the Wii is all about family gaming so no one really cares about HD. I hated the DSI and DSIXL so you have a solid point there.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
For me personally the Nintendo Wii turned out to be a Guilty Pleasure. I think all of it's novelty has worn off, there are a lot of games that are very fun, but ALWAYS to certain extent. I only have a DS and a Wii at home, but I must admit that I miss games like GTA IV on it. I miss games that totally suck you in. I mean a game like No More Heroes has a great visual style, but it's always limited, not because the developer likes to experiment with a visual style, but just because they have to experiment to bypass the limitations of the Wii. I used to appreciate what developers did to make things interesting for Wii standards, but I'm kinda fed up with the fact that games have to be constantly Wii-tweaked in order to be playable. Take games like Shaun White, Need for Speed and lots of others. I mean games like Guitar Hero or the Lego games, to name a few, fare well on the Wii but it just kinda sucks that you constantly know for sure that the Wii version of certain games is always a "downgraded" or "specially-designed-for" game.
Even Nintendo games do the same. I think the one and only reason for the Galaxy-concept in Super Mario Galaxy is because of the hardware limitations. Nintendo knew that if they wanted to make a smooth game with beautiful textures, lighting, animation and a constant framerate they had to omit all the unnecessary background stuff. So I'm sure that's why they put Mario in a big, but very empty galaxy, so they only had to focus on the little planetlike-platforms.
The same is being done on the DS. Nintendo distracts the audience with novelties like touch screen, motion controls and soon 3D in order to hide the very weak hardware capabilities. Believe me, I'm a sucker for novelty, gadgets and new things in general, but when looking at the Wii and DS now I can only see some very outdated and quite overrated pieces of hardware.

iSneeze

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
berlinka said:
For me personally the Nintendo Wii turned out to be a Guilty Pleasure. I think all of it's novelty has worn off, there are a lot of games that are very fun, but ALWAYS to certain extent. I only have a DS and a Wii at home, but I must admit that I miss games like GTA IV on it. I miss games that totally suck you in. I mean a game like No More Heroes has a great visual style, but it's always limited, not because the developer likes to experiment with a visual style, but just because they have to experiment to bypass the limitations of the Wii. I used to appreciate what developers did to make things interesting for Wii standards, but I'm kinda fed up with the fact that games have to be constantly Wii-tweaked in order to be playable. Take games like Shaun White, Need for Speed and lots of others. I mean games like Guitar Hero or the Lego games, to name a few, fare well on the Wii but it just kinda sucks that you constantly know for sure that the Wii version of certain games is always a "downgraded" or "specially-designed-for" game.
Even Nintendo games do the same. I think the one and only reason for the Galaxy-concept in Super Mario Galaxy is because of the hardware limitations. Nintendo knew that if they wanted to make a smooth game with beautiful textures, lighting, animation and a constant framerate they had to omit all the unnecessary background stuff. So I'm sure that's why they put Mario in a big, but very empty galaxy, so they only had to focus on the little planetlike-platforms.
The same is being done on the DS. Nintendo distracts the audience with novelties like touch screen, motion controls and soon 3D in order to hide the very weak hardware capabilities. Believe me, I'm a sucker for novelty, gadgets and new things in general, but when looking at the Wii and DS now I can only see some very outdated and quite overrated pieces of hardware.

This guy is a legend.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
Who's the bigger retard here? iSneeze, or everyone taking the bait? I mean, the guy can't even spell NINTENDO in this topic's title.

Quoted For Absolute Truth.

I only read the first post...but it made me facepalm...

"Besides, Super Smash Bros, and Mario..." ....comma whore....

iSneeze

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
monkat said:
bazamuffin said:
Who's the bigger retard here? iSneeze, or everyone taking the bait? I mean, the guy can't even spell NINTENDO in this topic's title.

Quoted For Absolute Truth.

I only read the first post...but it made me facepalm...

"Besides, Super Smash Bros, and Mario..." ....comma whore....

Criticizing my punctuation? Have you seen yours?

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
iSneeze said:
Mario Party 8
LoZ: TP
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart Wii
Pokemon: Battle Revolution
Wii Sports
Wii Fit

And a few other fail games I can't remember
He called Twilight Princess and Galaxy fail...
biggrin.gif

I rest my case.

iSneeze

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Master Mo said:
iSneeze said:
Mario Party 8
LoZ: TP
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart Wii
Pokemon: Battle Revolution
Wii Sports
Wii Fit

And a few other fail games I can't remember
He called Twilight Princess and Galaxy fail...
biggrin.gif

I rest my case.

Those are the games I own..

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Lemme try replying in an unbiased point of view.

DSi XL: Pixelated, Oversized mess.

PSP Go: Undersized, Overpriced mess.

So we can put those two out of the way.

Nintendo and Sony/Microsoft obviously have very different target audiences. Nintendo is more for causal gamers, families, and kids. Try giving an XBOX 360 to a 5 year old boy and making him play Halo. On the other hand, try giving a Wii to a 18 year old hardcore gamer and making him play Pokepark. Both negative reactions. Then switch them around. You will get a positive reaction. It's quite stupid to compare consoles with different kinds of games. Obviously, your sister likes your Wii because the games appeal to her. If it doesn't appeal to you, then fine, but she likes it.

Graphics matter to different kinds of people. Do you think a 40 year old housewife would actually need HD graphics to play when she only plays for 30 minutes a day with her babies? She would care more about games that she can enjoy with her kids as a family and she doesn't need Halo. On the other hand, a hardcore gamer that plays games for hours at a time would want to look at something nice while he's playing, so he wouldn't want a Wii and would rather have a PS3 and play Black Ops.

Nintendo isn't a shame, they are quite smart actually. The reason why their sales have a huge margin over their competitors is because they cater the needs of the largest portion of gamers, casual gamers. Housewives and 8 year old girls would rather buy a Wii and play Mario rather than get a PS3 and play Black Ops. If you think about it, a very small minority of gamers are hardcore gamers, but those are the ones that buy PSP's and XBOXes.

No one really cares if Nintendo innovated or not. What they care about is the fact that the games available on the console cater to their needs. It does what it was supposed to do. Hardcore gamers should look to Sony or Microsoft instead.

iSneeze

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
KingdomBlade said:

Nintendo and Sony/Microsoft obviously have very different target audiences. Nintendo is more for causal gamers, families, and kids. Try giving an XBOX 360 to a 5 year old boy and making him play Halo. On the other hand, try giving a Wii to a 18 year old hardcore gamer and making him play Pokepark. Both negative reactions. Then switch them around. You will get a positive reaction. It's quite stupid to compare consoles with different kinds of games. Obviously, your sister likes your Wii because the games appeal to her. If it doesn't appeal to you, then fine, but she likes it.

Graphics matter to different kinds of people. Do you think a 40 year old housewife would actually need HD graphics to play when she only plays for 30 minutes a day with her babies? She would care more about games that she can enjoy with her kids as a family and she doesn't need Halo. On the other hand, a hardcore gamer that plays games for hours at a time would want to look at something nice while he's playing, so he wouldn't want a Wii and would rather have a PS3 and play Black Ops.

Nintendo isn't a shame, they are quite smart actually. The reason why their sales have a huge margin over their competitors is because they cater the needs of the largest portion of gamers, casual gamers. Housewives and 8 year old girls would rather buy a Wii and play Mario rather than get a PS3 and play Black Ops. If you think about it, a very small minority of gamers are hardcore gamers, but those are the ones that buy PSP's and XBOXes.

No one really cares if Nintendo innovated or not. What they care about is the fact that the games available on the console cater to their needs. It does what it was supposed to do. Hardcore gamers should look to Sony or Microsoft instead.

I'm not going to lie, you have a point. But even the Xbox and PS3 DO have and continue to develop games for all audiences (Kinectimals for the Kinect on the 360 for example). Also, I noticed that the majority of the people here on gbatemp are above 16 years old yet play Wii and still spend hours a day playing games intended for 8 year old girls and housewives? Now please explain. Also just because the Wii targets kids and house wives it doesn't necessarily mean that the graphics are to be blocky and pixelated. Quality not quantity.

Trollology

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
KingdomBlade said:

You're a lord cause of this.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
iSneeze said:
I'm not going to lie, you have a point. But even the Xbox and PS3 DO have and continue to develop games for all audiences (Kinectimals for the Kinect on the 360 for example). Also, I noticed that the majority of the people here on gbatemp are above 16 years old yet play Wii and still spend hours a day playing games intended for 8 year old girls and housewives? Now please explain. Also just because the Wii targets kids and house wives it doesn't necessarily mean that the graphics are to be blocky and pixelated. Quality not quantity.

The specs of the Wii are low since they aim to make their prices low. Lower specs means lower possible graphics, but lower prices mean that the house wives will be more likely to buy it rather than their competitors consoles, thus better for the needs of a family.

The XBOX and PS3 do have games for kids (I love Littlebigplanet) but a limited selection at that. Casual gamers wouldn't want to buy a console with very few games that they can play when they can buy a cheaper console that provides them with more games.

The people at Temp are huge Ninty fanboys to be truthful. They love Ninty since they grew up with the NES and the GBA and the Wii and DS provide the games that they grew up with. (Mario and Zelda are the most prominent) It's their taste.

QUOTE(davidnlta @ Dec 22 2010, 06:22 PM) wow 6 pages im surprised it got this far just leave the little 16 year old alone he obviously knows nothing about gaming. I enjoyed growing up in the golden ages of gaming im glad my mind isnt filled with graphics are everything crap i see kids spouting nowadays *hugs his snes*

The post below me just proves my point.

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow 6 pages im surprised it got this far just leave the little 16 year old alone he obviously knows nothing about gaming. I enjoyed growing up in the golden ages of gaming im glad my mind isnt filled with graphics are everything crap i see kids spouting nowadays *hugs his snes*

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
davidnlta said:
wow 6 pages im surprised it got this far just leave the little 16 year old alone he obviously knows nothing about gaming. I enjoyed growing up in the golden ages of gaming im glad my mind isnt filled with graphics are everything crap i see kids spouting nowadays *hugs his snes*
SNES is awesome, I still play earthbound and lots of other games. too bad my original SNES broke down and I have to emulate now
frown.gif

I'm not exactly a very old gamer, however, I did start at the RETRO consoles. you learn to appreciate games that way
smile.gif

iSneeze said:
QUOTE(Hielkenator @ Dec 22 2010, 12:47 PM) I mean your MUST BUY games on your beloved HD systems. Btw are you visually impaired?

Soz,
CoD - FPS
Burnout - Race
Forza- Race
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed I & II - Starwars
Halo - FPS
(These are all must have series of games)
now find me the original games between these.

now if you will excuse me, I'm gonna play my low-graphic super mario world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1