Ninendo's a shame.

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by iSneeze, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Dec 22, 2010

Ninendo's a shame. by iSneeze at 7:07 AM (7,228 Views / 0 Likes) 132 replies

1. iSneeze
    OP

Banned iSneeze Banned

United Arab Emirates
    Don't ask me how I ended up on this website, but I just wanted to see if anyone else on this website agrees with me.

The Wii is generally a crappy console :/, It came out after the 360 did (around the same time the ps3 did). So comparing to the time it came out in, it should have at least had HD capabilities? I mean even though the Wii ISN'T capable of HD gaming, the visual experience even in standard definition remains blocky and plain. Also the games on the Wii are quite terrible, probably the worst for any console. Besides, Super Smash, and the Mario series that have been going on for generations of Nintendo releases, the games out there for the Wii are utterly useless. I mean you walk in the market and you find games like "Fishing Master" for the Wii and what not. Seriously? Fishing master?

And let's not forget about the NDS, The NDSi XL (released in november, 2009) is an exact copy of its ancestor just stretched into a more pixelated console offering NO new capabilities what so ever. How in their right minds could they possibly release a console in late 2009 with graphics far more drastic than a PS one and capable of only 256 pixels wide and 192 pixels tall. While they may have added a crappy 0.3 MP camera, The DSi XL is pretty much an oversized copy of the original NDS.

Hopefully the next generation of Nintendo's consoles won't be such a disappointment to the majority regarding game exclusives/broadness in genre, and regarding their capabilities (judging from the previews of the 3DS gaming my sister's been showing me recently and ofcourse the 3D gaming without eye strain).

[​IMG]

Hate replies coming in 3.. 2.. 1.. GO!

2. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Lazy troll is lazy.

Look the wii was a half assed attemp to throw in motion controls. they could have been better but you have to realizes the the nintendo Wii isnt a console for its main target audience. it is for everyone NOT 15 to 27 years old. This kind of marketing is poor for us but great for them.

Point 1 there are tons more people age 30 to 99 than there are in the 25 to 30 category.
    point 2 no one in that category cares a rats A about graphics, hence the 480i.
    point 3, Americans are fat and lazy and people like to think about exercising more than actually doing it. So selling a wii packaged with a "sports game" will make people think they will use it, have fun, and lose weight. By the time the lazy A american figures this out, nintendo has already my $50 pure profit off of you, and thats if you only bought the console alone.

The problem isnt that the console is bad (well it is for us) but it was never designed for the audience the GC, N64, SNES, and the NES were made for. Us the hardcore gamers. It was made for old people. And children with sticky fingers.

3. Err0rist

Newcomer Err0rist Member

United States
    You play RuneScape.

4. Eighteen

Member Eighteen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Hmmm, Eighteen doesn't really care about that the wii doesn't have HD n all.. ( don't get me wrong, me love HD...me just don't care if it is not there)
    Aaand, about the games off the wii... yes they suck.. well not all of them of course, but it's not really a gamers console.. me mean.. wiifit? [​IMG].......yeah.

it's kinda annoying that they are so far behind on graphix, on for ex. wii.. hmm though we all know nintendo is all about fun gaming, not about graphix (yeah yeah leave the 3DS out of it, graphix are awesome, Eighteen knows that!! [​IMG])

Leave smash alone, it's awsome !! [​IMG]..
    as for the mario games.. yeah they spawn faster then naruto games but, to be honest.. [​IMG] Eighteen likes 2D mario games better then 3D's..
    (Thoouuugghh me played mario 64 a LOOOOT and mario galaxy was good too me guess...)

about the DS games.. the 3D games look like poop most of the time.. kingdom hearts looks good though and final fantasy 12 too... but things like final fanasy 4 .. the characters look really annoying, me rather have sprites like final fantasy 8 you know? (Don't get me wrong, final fantasy 4 is a super cool game [​IMG])

..hmm anyhoo in overall.. nintendo doesnt suck... just the wii ... ugh..and me didn't even spoke about the motion controls n stuff like that..
    Me like to just lay in my bed, controls under the blanket, playing games... [​IMG] try doing that while playing Okami or something [​IMG]....Booooo!!!

p.s. if there's any weird text in eighteens message, it's cus Eighteen is drinking beeeer [​IMG]

5. BORTZ

United States
    lolwat

6. Ryukouki

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    Fuck runescape bitch. I play Trollscape. Get out of this forum. Fail reasoning is fail.

7. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Its ok, there are people like this everwhere, you dont like the wii then get a Ps3 or 360, I use the Wii because it has my favorite franchises and better gameplay then 360 and PS3

8. BORTZ

United States
    Eighteen, get off the internet if your drinking. you can be arrested for that crap. [​IMG]

9. Eighteen

Member Eighteen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    HAAhHAah [​IMG] omg you made Eighteen laugh so hard lol, ''I play Trollscape'' xD
    (It's probably not funny but you know... [​IMG].................[​IMG])

10. FireGrey

Member FireGrey Undercover Admin

Australia
    The Wii has no HD, BUT it's like half the price of the HD systems.
    The graphics look amazing without HD so why do you need it?
    Anyway the DSiXL's purpose is to have a bigger screen for those that want it...
    Do you even have a Wii, don't think so [​IMG]

11. iSneeze
    OP

Banned iSneeze Banned

United Arab Emirates
    I'm not trolling [​IMG] or anything. I'm just letting my honest opinion out. And you said it yourself! The Wii is a scam. Released not to entertain, but to trick lazy fat Americans into thinking they can lose weight with Wii sports and Wii fit but buy the time they realize the Wii is crap, it's too late. Also Wii motion didn't really introduce much. I mean what instead of pressing a button you nudge the nunchuck? Noone gives a flying fuck if you had to nudge the nunchuk, or press a button. All it added was less reliability since it doesn't always respond to motion commands. And no it wasn't designed for kids because kids most certainly will NOT understand how not to wreck the house while playing "Mario".

12. testatura

Member testatura GBAtemp Regular

Croatia
    I beg your pardon young man !

[​IMG]

13. iSneeze
    OP

Banned iSneeze Banned

United Arab Emirates
    @Eighteen is fucking weird ._.

14. ShinyLatios

Member ShinyLatios Local "That Guy"

Netherlands
    ok... not to be a fanboy or anything... but what? is it time for the HD flood again?
    jeez, i really don't want to keep telling people HD ISN'T THAT GREAT! Honestly, I don't see the difference between HD and normal graphics. maybe it's because you don't need a GIANT OVERSIZED TV!
    honestly, my tv isn't even 2 times the sive of my sensor bar, and it's great. graphics are totally awesome! also, you say the DSIXL stretches things. well oversized tvs do so when not used with HD.
    there are 2 options here if you want less blurry graphics.

1. Be in the HD flood, throw your wii out of the window, and go play the thousands of racing games for the PS3(coming to that later)
    2. buy A DAMN SMALLER TV!

And now to get to the point of too many sports, fishing games. Nintendo isn't the producer of most of these games. in fact, theirs are pretty fun to play(even though they get boring sometimes), however, there NEVER EVER seems to be complaining about the overload of racing and FP-shooting games for the PS3. I have fallout 3, motorstorm 2, burnout paradise... honestly, the only original game I have is Littlebigplanet. and yet, people never seem to complain about that.

I think it's time for people to find something different to attack the wii with, other then the overload of sports games and no HD.

15. Mantis41

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I have a Wii and and a 360. My 6 year old still spends far more time playing the Wii than he does the 360. As someone else has already said the wii is made for young kids and families, and the DS for old people and kids. My boy loves the games on the DS, there is not the same range for him on the PSP.

As for myself the DS is well suited to games like Wordjong, scrabble and Brain training. I gain nothing from a PSP apart from loosing the touch screen which would be missed.

16. iSneeze
    OP

Banned iSneeze Banned

United Arab Emirates

Dude, it's almost 2011, if I wanted to play on a small screen I would have hooked up my N64. When you live at a time like this, why NOT enjoy Black Ops on a huge HDTV with motion flow and stereoscopic 3D (if you can afford it, but that's not the point here).

The Wii (for it's generation) is an underdeveloped beta released out of eagerness to show the world how you can make "link" spin around by nudging the nun chuck.

17. ShinyLatios

Member ShinyLatios Local "That Guy"

Netherlands
    then stop playing twilight princess [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. iSneeze
    OP

Banned iSneeze Banned

United Arab Emirates
    It was an example [​IMG]

19. Err0rist

Newcomer Err0rist Member

United States
    RuneScape and Black Ops, what a guy.

20. FireGrey

Member FireGrey Undercover Admin

Australia
    Agree, anyway the PS3 has heaps of sport games, and who would even want to play a sports game by just using buttons o.o
    The rancing games, the only racing game i like is mario kart, i HATE all others.
    Oh and what is up with the FPS on the PS3, basically the only hardcore games are FPS somehow.
    Nintendo is Hardcore, but people need to look through all the shovelware to notice.
    Just play Mario Kart, Brawl, Pokemon (battles get very competetive) and Nintendo actually have Call of Duty, i played it and it's fun but people need it to be HD and all that crap.
    Call of Duty looks better on the Wii because they don't do the Darkening and Gloom crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.