Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
Kajdan said:
ok... not to be a fanboy or anything... but what? is it time for the HD flood again?
jeez, i really don't want to keep telling people HD ISN'T THAT GREAT! Honestly, I don't see the difference between HD and normal graphics. maybe it's because you don't need a GIANT OVERSIZED TV!
honestly, my tv isn't even 2 times the sive of my sensor bar, and it's great. graphics are totally awesome! also, you say the DSIXL stretches things. well oversized tvs do so when not used with HD.
there are 2 options here if you want less blurry graphics.

1. Be in the HD flood, throw your wii out of the window, and go play the thousands of racing games for the PS3(coming to that later)
2. buy A DAMN SMALLER TV!

And now to get to the point of too many sports, fishing games. Nintendo isn't the producer of most of these games. in fact, theirs are pretty fun to play(even though they get boring sometimes), however, there NEVER EVER seems to be complaining about the overload of racing and FP-shooting games for the PS3. I have fallout 3, motorstorm 2, burnout paradise... honestly, the only original game I have is Littlebigplanet. and yet, people never seem to complain about that.

I think it's time for people to find something different to attack the wii with, other then the overload of sports games and no HD.
Agree, anyway the PS3 has heaps of sport games, and who would even want to play a sports game by just using buttons o.o
The rancing games, the only racing game i like is mario kart, i HATE all others.
Oh and what is up with the FPS on the PS3, basically the only hardcore games are FPS somehow.
Nintendo is Hardcore, but people need to look through all the shovelware to notice.
Just play Mario Kart, Brawl, Pokemon (battles get very competetive) and Nintendo actually have Call of Duty, i played it and it's fun but people need it to be HD and all that crap.
Call of Duty looks better on the Wii because they don't do the Darkening and Gloom crap.

I think the reason Nintendo failed at satisfying hardcore gamers is it's lack of action. While mario kart uses mushrooms for boosts, burn out uses friggin Nitrous Oxide and actually HAS crash physics. While WoW has 3D graphics, particles, and alot of rendering going on, Pokemon uses sprites that will ALWAYS look the same. While the overall experience is still pretty much the same (Either winning or losing), Nintendo failed at getting adrenaline into the serious gamers.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
iSneeze said:
Kajdan said:
then stop playing twilight princess
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif

It was an example
glare.gif

Bad example for the point you are trying to make... I'ts very well known that zelda TP is one of the greatest games ever ! lol
You just bashed your OWN thread! lol lol lol lol lol lol

Dude how many games do you own? Wich ones are worth the buy? have replay valeu?
In my case it usally comes down to 10 games, on any system.

The wii at the other hand has MORE.
Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
Zelda
No more heroes 1 and 2
Monter hunter tri
Metroid trilogy
Arc rise fantasia
Rune scape Frontier
Madworld
Manhunt 2
Scarface
Tales of Symphonia
The conduit 1 and 2
Resident evil games ( 5 so far )
Capcom vs Tasunoko
Mariokart
Donkey Kong County Returns
Phantom Brave
Fatal Frame 4
etc.

Add all the games from previous gens via VC an Wiiware.
In it's 5 years life span I think Wii is very very good.
ALSO notice the diversity in games/gameplay.

Now let's see your list....

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iSneeze said:
Kajdan said:
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif

It was an example
glare.gif
Bad example since Twilight Princess was built from the ground up as a Gamecube title and was simple flipped and ported to the Wii with a differnet control scheme (like the Ocarina of Time disc for gamecube.)
They did NOT build the system on showing how the can port a game over with different controls (although nintendo has made tons of money doing this)

iSneeze

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
gloweyjoey said:
iSneeze said:
Kajdan said:
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif

It was an example
glare.gif
Bad example since Twilight Princess was built from the ground up as a Gamecube title and was simple flipped and ported to the Wii with a differnet control scheme (like the Ocarina of Time disc for gamecube.)
They did NOT build the system on showing how the can port a game over with different controls (although nintendo has made tons of money doing this)

You guys aren't getting the point. The whole concept of Wii's motion failed. You can win Wii Tennis just by sitting there on the couch and shaking your hand at the right moment. IT DIDN'T ADD TO THE GAMING INDUSTRY!

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
iSneeze said:
FireGrey said:
Kajdan said:
ok... not to be a fanboy or anything... but what? is it time for the HD flood again?
jeez, i really don't want to keep telling people HD ISN'T THAT GREAT! Honestly, I don't see the difference between HD and normal graphics. maybe it's because you don't need a GIANT OVERSIZED TV!
honestly, my tv isn't even 2 times the sive of my sensor bar, and it's great. graphics are totally awesome! also, you say the DSIXL stretches things. well oversized tvs do so when not used with HD.

1. Be in the HD flood, throw your wii out of the window, and go play the thousands of racing games for the PS3(coming to that later)

And now to get to the point of too many sports, fishing games. Nintendo isn't the producer of most of these games. in fact, theirs are pretty fun to play(even though they get boring sometimes), however, there NEVER EVER seems to be complaining about the overload of racing and FP-shooting games for the PS3. I have fallout 3, motorstorm 2, burnout paradise... honestly, the only original game I have is Littlebigplanet. and yet, people never seem to complain about that.

I think it's time for people to find something different to attack the wii with, other then the overload of sports games and no HD.
Agree, anyway the PS3 has heaps of sport games, and who would even want to play a sports game by just using buttons o.o
The rancing games, the only racing game i like is mario kart, i HATE all others.
Oh and what is up with the FPS on the PS3, basically the only hardcore games are FPS somehow.
Nintendo is Hardcore, but people need to look through all the shovelware to notice.
Just play Mario Kart, Brawl, Pokemon (battles get very competetive) and Nintendo actually have Call of Duty, i played it and it's fun but people need it to be HD and all that crap.
Call of Duty looks better on the Wii because they don't do the Darkening and Gloom crap.

I think the reason Nintendo failed at satisfying hardcore gamers is it's lack of action. While mario kart uses mushrooms for boosts, burn out uses friggin Nitrous Oxide and actually HAS crash physics. While WoW has 3D graphics, particles, and alot of rendering going on, Pokemon uses sprites that will ALWAYS look the same. While the overall experience is still pretty much the same (Either winning or losing), Nintendo failed at getting adrenaline into the serious gamers.
And how would you know, you sound like you've hardly touched a Wii.
I get filled with excitement trying to win at Mario Kart online.
Anyway on the PS3 you gotta have no life in order to win at a game.
That's very stupid to comparing a very powerful online PC games to a Nintendo DS game...
Who says Nintendo gamers aren't serious gamers, are you trying to say that most of us (including me) aren't serious gamers!?

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iSneeze said:
I think the reason Nintendo failed at satisfying hardcore gamers is it's lack of action. While mario kart uses mushrooms for boosts, burn out uses friggin Nitrous Oxide and actually HAS crash physics.

Physics? Its a Kart Racer. Youre playing as FICTIONAL characters that shoot HEAT SEEKING TURTLE SHELLS! and you want some Physics?
wtf.gif

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iSneeze said:
gloweyjoey said:
iSneeze said:
Kajdan said:
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif

It was an example
glare.gif

You guys aren't getting the point. The whole concept of Wii's motion failed. You can win Wii Tennis just by sitting there on the couch and shaking your hand at the right moment. IT DIDN'T ADD TO THE GAMING INDUSTRY!
We got your point but your example was foul.

iSneeze

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
iSneeze said:
FireGrey said:
Kajdan said:

And how would you know, you sound like you've hardly touched a Wii.
I get filled with excitement trying to win at Mario Kart online.
Anyway on the PS3 you gotta have no life in order to win at a game.
That's very stupid to comparing a very powerful online PC games to a Nintendo DS game...
Who says Nintendo gamers aren't serious gamers, are you trying to say that most of us (including me) aren't serious gamers!?

I actually own a Wii, and hate it too, but the only reason I still have it is because my sister wants it. How can you enjoy online gaming on the Wii anyways? The servers are so crap people on mario kart teleport from behind you to way ahead of you. Unreal much? And no the issue isn't from my band width. Also, last time I tried playing Mario Kart DS online, my opponent had an unlimited supply of Bullet Bills. Action Replay FAIL. And what's worse is that Nintendo can't do anything about it.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Rydian @ Dec 22 2010, 12:31 PM)
QUOTE(iSneeze @ Dec 22 2010, 03:10 AM)
Dude, it's almost 2011
Somebody's forgotten when the Wii came out?

Wayy after the 360 did, and around the time the ps3 was released.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Fanboys can shut up now. Whatever company you're fighting for, none of you are exactly sensible or unbiased.

Trollology

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I wanna make something clear here
tongue.gif

I, in any way, do not agree with my troll brother (iSneeze)
Yes we have a Wii and for some reason he hates it like hell.
He doesn't like Kirby, Sonic, Mario or any of that stuff we on the temp like.
All the games he look forward to are stuff like Starwars, WoW and CoD.
Yeah he's not a retro gamer and graphics mean everything to him.
I kept convincing him not to make this thread because I knew that most of us (including me of course) would disagree with his unreasonable logic.

Hey bro, iSneeze, you know there's a reason Pokemon's such a hit. It has crappy graphics, but still, we all loves
yay.gif

iSneeze

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Trollology said:
Hey guys, I wanna make something clear here
tongue.gif

I, in any way, do not agree with my troll brother (iSneeze)
Yes we have a Wii and for some reason he hates it like hell.
He doesn't like Kirby, Sonic, Mario or any of that stuff we on the temp like.
All the games he look forward to are stuff like Starwars, WoW and CoD.
Yeah he's not a retro gamer and graphics mean everything to him.
I kept convincing him not to make this thread because I knew that most of us (including me of course) would disagree with his unreasonable logic.

Hey bro, iSneeze, you know there's a reason Pokemon's such a hit. It has crappy graphics, but still, we all loves
yay.gif

And yet all your years of pokemon collecting can be beaten with 30 minutes of work on a pokesav
biggrin.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Also, lol at complaining about the DS having four revisions.

What's this then?

PSP 1000
PSP 2000
PSP 3000
PSP Go!

iSneeze

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Midna said:
Also, lol at complaining about the DS having four revisions.

What's this then?

PSP 1000
PSP 2000
PSP 3000
PSP Go!

Noone defended the PSP or even talked about it at any point in this threat
huh.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Still. All the portable gaming devices of this generation have done that. If that's why the DS sucks, the PSP, for all it's grafx must blow as well.

Also, we have an edit button. Stop double posting.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have to agree with you on the fact that the DSiXL is an oversized pixelated version of the DSi and I have no idea why people want it but miraculously it's surviving to see another day(sales wise)
Agree:Oversized Garbage

As for the Wii, Nintendo wasn't aiming for HD when they designed this console, they were changing the way people looked at video games. And the Wii did add to the gaming community. If the Wii wasn't released, I don't think the Move or Kinect would even exist although they're both utter garbage(another rant fir another time.)
Disagree:The Wii has had a major influence on the gaming community.

On another post I seen: There is a major difference between SD and HD. The first time I plugged that HDMI cable into my Ps3 it was pure bliss!
wub.gif

iSneeze

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Midna said:
Still. All the portable gaming devices of this generation have done that. Of that's why the DS sucks, the PSP must blow as well.

PSP for starters isn't as pixelated, Supported WIFI video calls from it's first generation, and obviously wayy better graphics (Midnight Club / GTA: Liberty City.. etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.