Gaming Ninendo's a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree, there is a lot of absolute JUNK that is thrown out on the Wii...how these games makes any money i don't know, this is why there are such a lot of people who play their games from 'backup' so they can test what games really ARE worth the money and which aren't (and you're so glad you didn't buy when it comes to most!)

Actually i DO know how they make money; because it's a console for children and clueless adults they don't know what's good yet, the console is new to them and there are certain... 'niche' games that clueless parents buy and later realise their kids don't play it - because it's shit!

Saying that there are a few gems for the Wii, but they are all reincarnations of the classics. All the games that hailed back to the SNES and the NES like 'Donkey Kong' 'Mario' 'Zelda' - BUY, and you won't regret, because these creators KNOW how to make good games.

Oh and the NDSi XL IS different from the DS, it has 2 camera's a voice manipulator and an SD card slot....yeah pretty useless junk really! kids get bored of that after 2 hours.

~!!Children......KNOW your GAMES!!~

Bring on the next Nintendo console...and make it punchy!

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I´ll go play Megaman X Collection GC edition.

No, I´ll play some SNES... No I´ll play some N64.

No, I´ll go and play Wii Party ...

No I´ll go again and play Trauma Center, Or Smash 64/Melee/ Brawl?

I´ll watch a movie with MPlayerCE.

I´ll play good great emulators running at 60fps with minimal setup, for what?

To have those 'amazing' 1080p? If so... What else can you do with a 'PS3'?

Wii has WAY MORE fun/hardcore/oldschool/orgasmic games than PS3 itself, maybe the 'graphics' aren´t too great, but a component cable does well the job.

Or... I´ll go play Super Mario Sunshine instead.

-

There should be bans for these kinds of topics, If you don´t like it, don´t bitch like this about it.

iSneeze

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Coto said:

Wii has WAY MORE fun/hardcore/oldschool/orgasmic games than PS3 itself, maybe the 'graphics' aren´t too great, but a component cable does well the job.

-

There should be bans for these kinds of topics, If you don´t like it, don´t bitch like this about it.

It's a Console and Game Discussion section.. What's your problem? Besides, How much did you have to go through just to get the MPlayerCE working on your Wii? A standard console of today can already play DVDs without having go through the liberty of hacking/modding.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Wii has better options than others 'modern' consoles. And,

Who the hell are you to decide which company DO is a shame?

A 16 old year boy like I read before. Go get a girl instead and let one decide his/her own personal preferences.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm still wondering what's keeping me from closing this thread
unsure.gif

Maybe the little hope that constructive discussion CAN come out from this?
rofl.gif

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Coto said:

-

I think a lot of people are missing the point here.

To an extent I agree with the OP, iSneeze, because actually the Wii IS quite dated now and obviously doesn't do the best job of catering to the more hardcore audience. Whereas the PS3 and 360 were made with the hardcore in mind, then their respective companies saw what Nintendo was doing so successfully then decided to give it a shot themselves. And hey it's worked hasn't it? Look at the sales of Kinect, and the sales of Move and games like Kinectimals, Eyepet, Sports Champions and Dance Central. Look how much Singstar has been promoted compared to it's PS2 Days. Heck, i have a singstar and it's BRILLIANT at parties.

So really the argument these days is: Casual games vs. Hardcore games.

But even that wouldn't make sense.

(Also, a quickie point to whoever said in this thread that SD and HD have hardly any difference: Dude, seriously? Have you even LOOKED at your screen in HD?
mellow.gif
)

Now, I'll give you a really good example.

In my household, we own 3 games devices: A PS3 (the main hub console if you will), A Wii (My sister's), and my iPod Touch (I think we can all agree that the iTouch and iPhone are definately handhelds now).

I play my PS3 for serious games, games like Uncharted, Infamous, MGS4, Motorstorm etc.
On the other hand the Wii is there for my lil' sis and her friends (10 years old) and she plays games like Mario Kart Wii, Pokepark and other casual games and shoverlware, if you will.

Now, from time to time, me and m'lady would fire up a games console whenever she comes round to my house and me being the gentlemen I let her decide. NATURALLY, if only by typical Casual gamer instict, she picks the Wii. Why wouldn't she? Does she care about playing SERIOUS racing games in HD with amazing physics? hell no. She just wants to play some mario kart wii with me, heck the graphics could be N64 style and I doubt she'd care.

Also, you made a point about how serious gamers on this site play Wii am I right. Well, with games like Monster Hunter tri, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and it's Green star mode, Metroid Other M and a FEW, just a FEW, other gems, it's obviously understandable.
In a similar way though, (and I'll use her again for this cos she makes for a good example), m'lady really enjoys playing Eyepet on my PS3. See the trend now?

I'm not gonna get started on the whole NDS, PSP thing because that's an understandable thing there. I mean, it's like saying the SEGA 32X should've succeeded instead of the SNES. Would you REALLY have wanted that now?

EDIT: Just realised the above post xD

QUOTE(raulpica @ Dec 22 2010, 11:04 AM) I'm still wondering what's keeping me from closing this thread
unsure.gif

rofl.gif

Well I appear to have done you a favour
tongue.gif

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
raulpica said:
unsure.gif

rofl.gif

I doubt it mate. Comparing a Wii to a 360 and PS3 is pointless. Its like comparing a food processor to a fridge. Shut it down, shut it down now!!

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
KingdomBlade said:
raulpica said:
unsure.gif

rofl.gif
Isn't my post constructive rauplica?
rolleyes.gif
Sure, some posts are, but the rest is quite a mess
tongue.gif

Well, play it fair guys, and this thread will be kept open. Flaming and/or trolling, and I'll shut this down. 'Kay?
wink.gif

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
raulpica said:
KingdomBlade said:
raulpica said:
unsure.gif

rofl.gif
Isn't my post constructive rauplica?
rolleyes.gif
Sure, some posts are, but the rest is quite a mess
tongue.gif

Well, play it fair guys, and this thread will be kept open. Flaming and/or trolling, and I'll shut this down. 'Kay?
wink.gif

The topic itself is naff, we can't discuss Wii vs. PS3/360 as they are targetted at different audiences. No good will come of this I tell thee!

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
basically what iSneeze is doing is trying to rob a police station.
It's suicide going to a place that loves something alot and saying that what they love is crap.

iSneeze

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
It's suicide going to a place that loves something alot and saying that what they love is crap.

It wasn't for the pure purpose of criticizing what you love. I ended my 1st post with hope towards the next generation of Nintendo consoles you know..

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
FireGrey said:
Sure, but if there are good explainations (like the different audiences), maybe he can understand that Nintendo isn't necessarily stupid just because he doesn't like the Wii non-HD graphics
tongue.gif

Well, at least that should be the idea of this thread.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
iSneeze said:
FireGrey said:

It wasn't for the pure purpose of criticizing what you love. I ended my 1st post with hope towards the next generation of Nintendo consoles you know..
The future is looking good with the 3DS.
It has powerful system with 3D and excellent online.
It has games that Nintendoists love and some Playstation lovers games.
Such as Solid Snake and Resident Evil.
After christmas there will be more info on the 3DS though, they are holding back on news right now though.
BTW i have noticed something.
Japan usually brings out news a while before something is released but other country's do it afew months before the release.
Such as Pokemon Black and White etc.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
The fuck. Nintendo only did the same what they did with the NES and they winning.

When "The Industry" says "casuals", they say "childrens". Children can't manage complexs consoles like PS3/360 because it has some many features useless for enjoy playing games.

The key to success for Nintendo is make games with NES/SNES values and go adding N64/GCN experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD